Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week

Deep Silver announces sales figures for Saints Row IV, saying Volition's open-world action sequel sold over (Dr. Evil voice) one million copies in its first week of availability:

Already hailed as a critical success, Deep Silver & Volition’s Saints Row IV has had a breakthrough commercial achievement as more than one million units sold through in its first week of retail availability. In the first days of availability, the PC version of Saints Row IV more than tripled its first week’s sale numbers over the prior release from THQ, Saints Row: The Third.

Saints Row IV is also leading the charts in almost all major European countries in the first week of its sale. The game has already garnered the top spot in the UK, Germany and Benelux (on all platforms).

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 30, 2013, 12:44 nin

Was about to write "STILL waiting on the patch to fix the patch that broke shit earlier this week" but as I type, Steam just updated it.

Hopefully things will be back to normal now...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 30, 2013, 10:17 Beamer

gray wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 09:03:
What a bargain, they paid what $28m for this and Metro?

Explains why THQ was pushing so hard to turn DLC into a full-fledged quickly-released sequel, right?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 30, 2013, 09:03 gray

What a bargain, they paid what $28m for this and Metro?  

28. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 30, 2013, 03:40 OpticNerve

Dev wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 00:05:
I appreciate that, and apologize for how harsh my reply was. It just irks me when that kinda thing happens.

And yes, I've completely avoided trailers and promos. Not because I was trying to avoid spoilers, but because I didn't feel like taking the time and because I was sure I was going to get it anyway based on SR 3 And since I don't have time to play it right away, I didn't want to increase the "omg gotta play it now" factor when I couldn't

Oh no apologies needed! I should have realised that not everyone's been following the game and that I shouldn't have spoiled any important gameplay features.

But I WILL spoil this: If you liked SR3, you're in for a treat when you do play the game :]

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

27. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 30, 2013, 00:05 Dev

OpticNerve wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 21:26:
Dev wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 20:44:
OpticNerve wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 19:17:
I'm almost at the end of the campaign but I hope that they continue with the [blah blah spoilers blah blah]
Thanks for the spoilers. I haven't yet had time to try the game. Its not like there's that spoiler button or anything that blue has made available to hide them.

I figured that people knew about that since it's pretty heavily featured in the trailers and promos for the game. But I suppose that some people have completely avoided all of that so I apologize and have edited my original post.
I appreciate that, and apologize for how harsh my reply was. It just irks me when that kinda thing happens.

And yes, I've completely avoided trailers and promos. Not because I was trying to avoid spoilers, but because I didn't feel like taking the time and because I was sure I was going to get it anyway based on SR 3 And since I don't have time to play it right away, I didn't want to increase the "omg gotta play it now" factor when I couldn't

26. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 21:47 Redmask

Thanks for the spoilers. I haven't yet had time to try the game. Its not like there's that spoiler button or anything that blue has made available to hide them.

It wasn't even a real spoiler, you find out in the first 5 minutes of the game and its featured heavily in the promo material.

25. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 21:32 Endo

ItBurn wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 20:01:
Endo wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 19:12:
So yeah, I preordered SR IV the day before release. It was worth it. However, I do have to rate it very slightly lower than SR III, for a couple reasons.

1. It uses the exact same engine and graphics, and most of the elements of SR III. So that makes it feel more like an expansion than a whole new release.

2. I don't like the story nearly as well, but that could just be my personal taste.

Like I said, very slightly lower than SR3. It's still a very good game.

Really? I liked SR4 more. I hated the story in the 3rd... It made no sense, not in a good way. The voice acting wasn't too hot for most characters and the dialogue itself barely made sense.

4's voice acting is top notch and the story actually makes sense!

So like I said, my personal taste. Not disagreeing about SR4, btw. I just happened to like SR 3 a bit better.

24. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 21:26 OpticNerve

I'm almost at the end of the campaign but I hope that they continue with the [blah blah spoilers blah blah]

I figured that people knew about that since it's pretty heavily featured in the trailers and promos for the game. But I suppose that some people have completely avoided all of that so I apologize and have edited my original post.

23. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 21:22 JohnBirshire

Why in God's name would you play a video game on anything other then a glorious PC?

I think you missed my point....I dont. But I couldnt rent SR4 on the PC, and the game had no demo. And GTA5 isnt being released on the PC this year.

22. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 20:44 Dev

21. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 20:34 ViRGE

I just finally finished SR4 today (22 hours later... yikes!). It was worth every cent. I cannot think of the last time I had this much fun playing a third person video game.  

20. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 20:01 ItBurn

Endo wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 19:12:
So yeah, I preordered SR IV the day before release. It was worth it. However, I do have to rate it very slightly lower than SR III, for a couple reasons.

1. It uses the exact same engine and graphics, and most of the elements of SR III. So that makes it feel more like an expansion than a whole new release.

2. I don't like the story nearly as well, but that could just be my personal taste.

Really? I liked SR4 more. I hated the story in the 3rd... It made no sense, not in a good way. The voice acting wasn't too hot for most characters and the dialogue itself barely made sense.

4's voice acting is top notch and the story actually makes sense!

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2013, 20:07.

19. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 19:36 Dev

Sounds like deep silver made a great decision to pick up that IP for the $28 mil they paid  

18. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 19:17 OpticNerve

It's great to hear that SR4 is doing good. It's not perfect but I've had a great time with it. And the modding community is starting to take shape so it should be very interesting to see what comes out once the official tools are available.

I'm almost at the end of the campaign but I hope that they continue with the super powers theme for the next SR game. They've pretty much opened pandora's box with it in this game and there ain't no going back now that I've been able to glide across the city and do a "Death From Above" Superman move that ends with a small nuke at the point-of-impact. Evilgrin

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2013, 21:24.

17. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 19:12 Endo

16. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 18:06 HorrorScope

LaxerFL wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 16:58:
Why in God's name would you play a video game on anything other then a glorious PC? For me, the only thing consoles are good for are to make fun of!

Fixed

15. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 16:58 LaxerFL

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:25:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy Saint's Row 4 or not, so I rented it for my XBox 360 to check it out. I liked the gameplay, but ultimately gave up on it because the Field of View is so incredibly close, despite an entire life of gaming without any trouble I was actually getting very bad motion sickness from the game.

With a PC you can easily change the FoV, but they gave no such option on the console. This makes me really nervous about getting GTA5 for the console, if the FoV is really close and they neglect to add an option to change it, I have no interest in playing. Might have to sit the console release out and hope for a PC release eventually.

Why in God's name would you play a video game on anything other then a glorious PC? For me, the only thing consoles are good for are sports games and streaming movies from my PC to my TV!

14. Re: SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 13:26 ItBurn

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:25:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy Saint's Row 4 or not, so I rented it for my XBox 360 to check it out. I liked the gameplay, but ultimately gave up on it because the Field of View is so incredibly close, despite an entire life of gaming without any trouble I was actually getting very bad motion sickness from the game.

With a PC you can easily change the FoV, but they gave no such option on the console. This makes me really nervous about getting GTA5 for the console, if the FoV is really close and they neglect to add an option to change it, I have no interest in playing. Might have to sit the console release out and hope for a PC release eventually.

That's what a lot of us will do: wait for the PC version. Why play the lo-fi version?

13. SR4, GTA5, console FoV... Aug 29, 2013, 13:25 JohnBirshire

12. Re: Saints Row IV Sells 1M in One Week Aug 29, 2013, 13:20 LittleMe

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 12:58:
I mean, while it's cool that they put in television that you could watch (which managed to be kind of amusing at times even) the idea that you're playing a video game replicating the most mind-numbing of mundane existence and then they expect you to maintain a make-believe social circle... well... those were the low points of the game for me that bordered on tedium.

This +1 (for GTA IV)

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo