Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. NBA 2K14 Aug 30, 2013, 02:14 Ant

No PC/Windows port?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 21:09 Simon Says

"EA's Moore: "Microsoft has been very aggressive with us". Pointless video autoplay warning."

Nope, not pointless, my overpriced, bandwidth stricken ass salutes you.

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 19:36 Julio

Looking forward to another iteration of NBA 2K14. Here's hoping the finally fix the 3 versions+ old bug of 80% of Toronto's office budget being spent on the pro scout's salary for 3 years.  

28. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 19:01 HorrorScope

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 18:40:
but since he became CEO of EA Sports, all of their sports titles have improved drastically this

But he continued that most of those sports titles don't make it to the PC. Madden sold 400K copies a year on the pc back near 2000. They even said it was profitable then, but you see they don't even want to make money and make a subset of players happy. I like the PC version of Madden back then a lot.

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 18:52 Redmask

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 18:15:
Eh, I get the hate I really do, there's alot EA has done over the years that bothers me too, but imo they're no worse than Acti, or Ubisoft, or Take2 or any other publisher.

Sure they are, they have done objectively worse to consumers than those other publishers. So you don't really get the hate, you just like raving about how people unfairly hate EA.

EA sucks more than other publishers and will continue to suck until they start listening to their customers. No one is confused and thinks other publishers are our friends, we just properly recognize EA as the worst of the bunch.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 18:40 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 18:23:
Eh, I get the hate I really do, there's alot EA has done over the years that bothers me too, but imo they're no worse than Acti, or Ubisoft, or Take2 or any other publisher.

What bothers me about it though is anytime they do something that should get at least an ataboy they still get shit on anyway.

I have no problem piling the rest of them in there either

Here is what EA should do, they should take the majority of criticism as real and do what companies should do. Do things that satisfy it's customers. That is what business should be about, bring something people want and make money from that. Not bleed the turnip (customer) dry and not give two shits in the process. But most are equal as you say. The thing is EA was the subject here.

They actually done a couple good things lately and got some kudos but Peter Idiot spoke out a couple times this week and it's back to square one. They need to get a mouth piece that can understand the hole they are in with the public and be respectful to that and then bring us things we want to hear. How fucking hard is it? A couple of companies here don't seem to understand the street here at all, silo'd from the world seemingly.

Well said, and I agree,though to be fair I consider Apple as the worst company in the US to begin with, what EA does is minor compared to the shit Apple pulls on a regular basis.

I don't mind Moore either, I guess there's people that don't like him for whatever reason, but since he became CEO of EA Sports, all of their sports titles have improved drastically this generation.

Granted I know most on BN's are PC exclusive and don't care about sports titles, but again it's a credit where it's due thing for me.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 18:23 HorrorScope

What bothers me about it though is anytime they do something that should get at least an ataboy they still get shit on anyway.

I have no problem piling the rest of them in there either

Here is what EA should do, they should take the majority of criticism as real and do what companies should do. Do things that satisfy it's customers. That is what business should be about, bring something people want and make money from that. Not bleed the turnip (customer) dry and not give two shits in the process. But most are equal as you say. The thing is EA was the subject here.

They actually done a couple good things lately and got some kudos but Peter Idiot spoke out a couple times this week and it's back to square one. They need to get a mouth piece that can understand the hole they are in with the public and be respectful to that and then bring us things we want to hear. How fucking hard is it? A couple of companies here don't seem to understand the street here at all, silo'd from the world seemingly.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 18:15 RollinThundr

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 17:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 17:22:
EA's on the eternal shit list anyway, they'd find a cure for cancer and as a result we'd find out the cure is even worse than cancer, somehow.

Fixed.

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 17:53 HorrorScope

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 17:22:
EA's on the eternal shit list anyway, they'd find a cure for cancer and as a result we'd find out the cure is even worse than cancer, somehow.

Fixed.

22. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 17:50 HorrorScope

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:57:
Being paid off might be part of it, but I also think that EA was enticed by Microsoft's original plan for the XB1:

From my understanding and correct me if I am wrong. MS just dropped some DRM things from mandatory to Publisher option. I think they still could be as big an ass as they want (EA) in terms of what you can do with their softwares.

21. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 17:22 RollinThundr

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 15:03:
Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 13:59:
I really do think EA was in on the planning for that, with all over the executive overlap they've had over the years no way that was coincidental timing with the online pass crap.

Of course they were. Not just EA, but all big publishers were in on that. It's just that when they saw the massive, massive backlash against it, they quickly pretended like they had no fucking clue what was going on, because they didn't want to end up alongside Microsoft on the ShitPile.

The idea that MS would do that on its own for the benefit of the publishers is hilarious to the extreme. MS cares for one entity: Microsoft. They would not have put all that shit in place only to benefit other businesses.

EA's on the eternal shit list anyway, they could find a cure for cancer and it'd still be bad somehow.

However I don't really buy that EA isn't more in bed with MS this time out and have been for a bit now. Titanfall, EA published, no PS4 version, Now this thing with all EU 180 preorders getting FIFA for free. It would be very difficult to convince me at this point that they aren't siding more with MS one bit.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 16:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 15:31:
Yeah, but it's pretty obvious that EA was drinking the MS Koolaid as evidenced by all the XB1 exclusives they made. You don't give up all those PS sales on a lark.

No, but they do it for money. Enough that they feel its worthwhile to make it an exclusive. The only one who loses on exclusives is Sony or MS.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

19. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 15:31 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 15:03:
I really do think EA was in on the planning for that, with all over the executive overlap they've had over the years no way that was coincidental timing with the online pass crap.

Of course they were. Not just EA, but all big publishers were in on that. It's just that when they saw the massive, massive backlash against it, they quickly pretended like they had no fucking clue what was going on, because they didn't want to end up alongside Microsoft on the ShitPile.

The idea that MS would do that on its own for the benefit of the publishers is hilarious to the extreme. MS cares for one entity: Microsoft. They would not have put all that shit in place only to benefit other businesses.

Yeah, but it's pretty obvious that EA was drinking the MS Koolaid as evidenced by all the XB1 exclusives they made. You don't give up all those PS sales on a lark.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 15:03 Creston

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 14:14 NeOCidE

Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 10:09:
nin wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 09:44:
Yeah, between AC4 and Watch Dogs, Ubi looks to have a killer holiday on their hands...still haven't decided if I want to play those on the PC or PS4.

If I really like the PS4 gamepad and it can't be used with the PC then I'll probably pick up the console versions. My 360 controller has analog stick drift AGAIN, getting so fucking sick of Microsofts overpriced but cheap quality peripherals.

I have the wired version of the 360 pad and can indeed confirm I too suffer from the analogue stick drift. Didn't know what to technically call this symptom...now I do

MS have treated their customers with utter contempt these last few years. The xbox experience is getting worse with every dashboard update. From long bootup times to sluggish ui.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 13:59 Verno

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 13:57 jdreyer

Being paid off might be part of it, but I also think that EA was enticed by Microsoft's original plan for the XB1: all the corporate control mechanisms that were built in like not allowing resales and stuff like that. This stuff was promised to EA 1.5 years ago when they started developing the games and EA was drooling like Pavlov's dogs just hearing all the wonderful ways they'd be able to screw gamers, I mean control what happened to their IP after the sale. Now that MS has rolled a lot of that stuff back, it will be interesting to see what EA does going forward.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 13:43 Tumbler

MS seems willing intent on spending their way out of this mess that is the 180. Hopefully after launch their checkbook will get taken away by MS Corp and they won't be able to keep messing with third party DLC and early content nonsense. I'm getting sick of your shit MS.

I really need to list my 360 with Kinect for sale....

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 12:44 PropheT

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 12:32:
I had the analog drift issue with my wired 360 pad. Made it impossible to play any older game without 360 controller support built in, apparently with those they take drift into account and give it a bigger deadzone.

It's really, really noticeable when hooked up to my PS3. Dragon's Crown uses the right stick controlled mouse to find hidden objects and do rune combinations, and it's a nightmare trying to click things because of the drift.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2013, 12:32 NegaDeath

I had the analog drift issue with my wired PC 360 pad. Made it impossible to play any older game without 360 controller support built in, apparently with those they take drift into account and give it a bigger deadzone. Tried running some programs to do the same for other games but no luck. Bought a wireless one and the LB button works intermittently. Pain the in the ass playing SRIV when your run button randomly turns off. Not buying a 3rd one. MS, fix your shit.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 2013, 14:50.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo