Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields

"I think the core Battlefield idea that we're working on at DICE is... We can't build a game at DICE every year," Battlefield 4 executive producer Patrick Bach said during Gamescom according to Videogamer. "You saw with Battlefield 3, for instance, it's not that there's not an urge for more Battlefield. You mentioned Premium we [had] 18 months worth of Battlefield and people want more things during that time. Now it's been almost two years and people feel like they are continuously playing we still have huge amounts of players playing Battlefield 3. So I think in general, people apparently want Battlefield all year round."

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 16:18 Verno

Skill is just memorizing recoil on FOTM weapons so you can pump 8 bullets into someone to kill them instead of 2 I guess  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 16:12 SpectralMeat

I guess there is a bit of a wide range when describing "skill" in a first person shooter video game.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 15:53 eRe4s3r

born2expire wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 15:44:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 13:39:
Same here. HC is fun, the normal mode is ridiculous. Love emptying a whole mag into someone who then turns around and one shots you with a pistol.

how do you get one shotted by a pistol? unless its a magnum or rex and its a shot in the head, and that's not the game its the player, clearly they are A LOT better than you.

HC mode is lame, spray and prey and get 4 kills, wahooo. where is the skill in that?

I agree on that by the way. Normal mode requires a LOT more skill with the weapons... HC mode always tends to turn into a spray and pray fest, at least the noobs spray and pray, and often they then wonder why they suck ;p A pro gamer in HC is going to dominate if the enemy team just prays while shooting in a general direction.

Normal mode simply requires you to aim properly and know your weapon stats, ie never choose a pistol other than the REX

14. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 15:52 Verno

born2expire wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 15:44:
HC mode is lame, spray and prey and get 4 kills, wahooo. where is the skill in that?

Hahah what, is this opposite day or something? Hardcore mode has weapon lethality, what's the problem there? The skill comes from not putting yourself in situations where you get killed easily. If you just spray and pray you give away your position and are killed more often than not. Also where the hell are 4 people sitting around in the open in hardcore in the first place? It's not like its one sided, you die as easily as you kill other people.

13. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 15:44 born2expire

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 13:39:
Same here. HC is fun, the normal mode is ridiculous. Love emptying a whole mag into someone who then turns around and one shots you with a pistol.

how do you get one shotted by a pistol? unless its a magnum or rex and its a shot in the head, and that's not the game its the player, clearly they are A LOT better than you.

12. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 14:55 Verno

Haha yeah...I remember playing with the Tactical Gamer guys when it was called something else (name escapes me) and I joined their Ghost Recon server, they had this weird rule where you couldn't run at all. What the hell? I've never understood that weird crouch only, no running, etc crap.  

11. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 14:53 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 13:52:
The whole godmode radar and other weird things in Normal are really meh. Anyone taking multiple rounds from a high caliber rifle or 50cal on a vehicle is just bizarre too. I'm not a huge hurrf durrf realism nut but BF3 Normal mode might as well be called Arcade.

What, you don't like the crouch only servers? Lol. (Which violate the ranked server terms)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

10. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 14:15 DangerDog

I doubt there will be a Battlefield 5 next year, it'll be Star Wars Battlefront/field instead.  

9. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 13:52 Verno

The whole godmode radar and other weird things in Normal are really meh. Anyone taking multiple rounds from a high caliber rifle or 50cal on a vehicle is just bizarre too. I'm not a huge hurrf durrf realism nut but BF3 Normal mode might as well be called Arcade.  

8. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 13:39 Agent.X7

MajorD wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:21:
Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:06:

A lot of the HC player base moved on unfortunately and IMHO its the only way to play BF3, the times I had to play normal with RL friends were abysmal.

I totally agree. The first time I played a non-HC server with some friends that wanted jump in and play, it was the last time. Everyone becomes bullet sponges, there is no intensity, and just seems flat. Yeah, HC is the only way to play in IMO as well.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 13:25 eRe4s3r

I love the web based server browser, sadly it's like everything in BF3, some good ideas, some bad ideas, and somethings are just plain glitched. Like the "remember my settings" thing... it never remembered my server browse settings. Ever.  

6. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 10:21 MajorD

Verno wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:06:

A lot of the HC player base moved on unfortunately and IMHO its the only way to play BF3, the times I had to play normal with RL friends were abysmal.

I totally agree. The first time I played a non-HC server with some friends that wanted jump in and play, it was the last time. Everyone becomes bullet sponges, there is no intensity, and just seems flat. Yeah, HC is the only way to play in IMO as well.

5. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 10:14 Arithon

I couldn't disagree more.

BattleField needs consistent multi-player content at the outset and no DLC.

With BF3, aside from the terrible bugs and huge lack of features - things that were present in the franchise back in 2002, but are apparently "too hard" to do in 2011, DICE has caused the player-base to split with every DLC map-pack. The end result being mostly empty servers.

With BF4, they should launch with all the multi-player maps included. Then if they want to DLC the single-player campaign for those people that want three hours of scripted cut-scenes and twenty minutes of running and shooting, yay for them! You buy it.
DLC the camo's and hats. But nickel-n-diming the basic game content at the expense of the community is plain moronic.

Added to the other issues is the friends-list dependant comms, web-based server browser (i.e. featureless) and a raft of other items that were present in BF2 and BF1942 that made the series what it was, which are simply absent in BF3 and BF 3.1 (sorry 4).

I care far less about "unlocks" and "XP" than I do about team-play and game mechanic.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

4. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 10:06 Verno

born2expire wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 10:02:
Just fix the damn netcode in BF4 and you'll continue to get my money.

PS I have NO trouble finding servers in BF, but I don't play hardcore.

A lot of the HC player base moved on unfortunately and IMHO its the only way to play BF3, the times I had to play normal with RL friends were abysmal. You can still find servers at prime time but its all over the place.

3. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 10:02 born2expire

Just fix the damn netcode in BF4 and you'll continue to get my money.

PS I have NO trouble finding servers in BF, but I don't play hardcore.

2. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 09:58 vrok

"... we still have huge amounts of players playing Battlefield 3"

I don't see how he could possibly put this out there with a straight face. The BF3 playerbase has dwindled enormously. You can barely find any hardcore servers with players on them at all, and most that do are shitty statpadding servers.

1. Re: Quoteworthy: DICE on Lack of Annual Battlefields Aug 28, 2013, 09:55 MrRadicalEd

In case Patrick Bach needs to be translated..

"What would have been one fully featured game in the past, we milked Battlefield 3 for all it's worth and used DLCs as breadcrumbs. After two years, we want to release something just new enough to get your attention; breadcrumbs and all."

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo