Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction

Nexon America announces they will publish Extraction, an upcoming free-to-play tactical shooter from Splash Damage. Last year, Splash Damage announced Dirty Bomb, a free-to-play shooter, and though this isn't mentioned in Nexon's announcement, Extraction is indeed Dirty Bomb with a new name. There's a post on the Splash Damage forums addressing this (thanks IncGamers), saying Dirty Bomb backers will still be first in line for the game following the new deal: "You'll get everything included in your Founder's Pack. Your digital goods carry right over to Extraction, and you'll receive any physical goods at game launch (though we'll do our best to get those to everyone well before then). Founders will also be first in line for the Closed Beta when that's ready to launch." Here are some extraction screenshots, and here's word:

Extraction combines tactical gameplay, fast-paced action and an ever-expanding roster of playable characters to create a highly competitive team-oriented shooter. Players can choose from dozens of unique roles with different playing styles and abilities, and fight in teams to defeat their opponents by defending or attacking key objectives. Set in evacuated London following a mysterious radiological attack, elite squads of mercenaries secretly unite in the city’s abandoned streets to extract the valuable information left behind. Extraction offers a fair and balanced playing field, achieved through ECHO, a powerful analytics and telemetry system.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 22:15 RaZ0r!

I really liked Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. I wonder if anyone still plays it? I might could find my copy around here somewhere....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 21:25 Redmask

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 19:24:
I loved Brink. I think people had different expectations based on the hype.

They had some expectations that the game would be good, sure The game tanked on user reviews, critical reviews, competitive scene, everywhere. You are the first person I've heard say anything positive about the experience.

The parkour was poorly done, the level design was disappointing, class balance sucked, the gun customization was repetitive, I could keep going. The game had a lot of problems and very little going for it, the gameplay just wasn't very interesting which for a MP only game is pretty much a must.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2013, 21:32.

6. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 20:40 Kegaro

They are also partnering up with Nexon... guess this one can be removed from my to play list.  

5. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 19:35 cronik

Frijoles wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:45:
Hard to search for your game's name when the NSA keeps showing up for questioning.

Haha!

4. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 19:24 Agent.X7

I loved Brink. I think people had different expectations based on the hype.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 17:57 MajorD

I don't know, I have very little confidence in this new game, or Splash Damage for that matter, after BRINK. I hope the game is a success and everyone is proved wrong, but I'm just not feeling it.....

2. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 17:45 Frijoles

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:43:
And Dirty Bomb would have been better because people like it dirty.

Hard to search for your game's name when the NSA keeps showing up for questioning.

1. Re: Dirty Bomb Renamed Extraction Aug 27, 2013, 17:43 Cutter

Nice modular, futuristic look to it at least, but no chance in hell after Brink.

And Dirty Bomb would have been better because people like it dirty.

Lois: Honey, what do you say we christen these new sheets, huh?
Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.
Lois: Hahaha, That's me.
Peter: You dirty hustler... you filthy stinky prostitute.
Lois: Okay I get it.
Peter: You foul venereal disease carrying street walking whore.
Lois: That's enough.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo