Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Raven's Cry Developer Change

TopWare Interactive announces that Raven's Cry now has a new developer, and Two Worlds developer Reality Pump is now completing the pirate-themed adventure game. Raven's Cry was originally being created by Octane Games, and was originally announced for release by the middle of last year. Earlier this year they announced the game will be released on October 24th, and while it might not make that date following the switch, they say it is still expected by the end of this year, and they offer the first screenshots to show what to expect. TopWare doesn't reveal the exact circumstances that lead to this change, though the announcement clearly indicates they weren't happy with where things were going:

The game has been delayed since it was first shown to the media last year, and after analysing the game’s development, TopWare made the tough decision to reorganize the project. The core storyline and dark setting of the game will remain untouched, but additional features and a new open world will be implemented by the Polish team. In addition, Topware has kept a close eye on message boards and early feedback, and will be including a few interesting tweaks and features requested by pirate fans.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Raven's Cry Developer Change Aug 27, 2013, 16:37 Cutter

Xero wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 10:46:
A sweet looking Pirate game that isn't AC related. Got my attention!

Pirate game, yes, good for that? Sweet looking? No. Looks very antiquated and consolish.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Raven's Cry Developer Change Aug 27, 2013, 11:16 PunkiBastardo

I want a good pirate game as much as the next guy, but this news would make anyone weary.
If the previous developer's work was so bad that they decided to change this close to release, and then the new guys are only gonna be working on it until end of year, there's only so much they're able to fix.

Also this:
"a new open world will be implemented by the Polish team"
If the game wasn't open world before, chances are it won't be very good or won't have much to do in it.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but we'll see what these guys can do.

2. Re: Raven's Cry Developer Change Aug 27, 2013, 11:14 netnerd85

Got the announcement through email, glad to hear it is in safe hands with Reality Pump, but this will no doubt push back their own game.  

1. Re: Raven's Cry Developer Change Aug 27, 2013, 10:46 Xero

A sweet looking Pirate game that isn't AC related. Got my attention!  

Currently playing: Skyrim

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo