Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV "4th Biggest Launch of the Year"

GfK Chart Track now offers its weekly U.K. sales charts, a day later than usual. The full-price PC game chart has a new entry at number two, where Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist slipped past a load of Sim sentries. The budget price list is shuffled a bit, and Spore is enjoying a moment in the sun. As for the big all platforms/all prices top 40, the top three are all new in a big shakeup. Here's their summary:

The top three are all new entries this week with ‘Saints Row IV’ landing at No1, followed by ‘Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist’ at No2 and ‘Disney Infinity’ at No3.

‘Saints Row IV’ is the 4th biggest launch of the year so far (behind Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us). It fails to outperform the debut of predecessor ‘Saints Row: The Third’, but is still the second best launch for the controversial series. Taken over from THQ by Deep Silver/Koch, it is the ambitious publisher’s third different title to reach No1 in the All Formats chart this year (the others being Dead Island Riptide and Metro Last Light). This is a feat only matched by EA. Sales were split 69% on Xbox 360 and 31% on PS3. The highly anticipated ‘Disney Infinity’ opens strongly, selling 3.6 times more starter pack units at launch than the original Skylanders. It performed best on Xbox 360 with a 43% share, then PS3 at 22%, Wii 21%, Wii U 10% and 3DS 4%.
Last week’s No1, ‘Payday 2’ (-76%) tumbles to No18 while the rest of the Top 10 mostly shuffles amongst themselves. ‘Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition’ (+3%), ‘Black Ops II’ (-17%), ‘FIFA 13’ (-14%) and ‘Animal Crossing: New Leaf’ (-9%) all drop two places to No’s 4, 5, 6 and 7 respectively. ‘Lego Batman 2’ (+1%) is a non-mover at No8 ahead of ‘The Last of Us’ (-9%) at No9. 2K Games/Take 2 enter the chart at No10 with ‘The Bureau: Xcom Declassified’ and there is also a new face at No22; the Wii U exclusive ‘The Wonderful 101’.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 28, 2013, 08:54 nin

Nope, but what it DOES do is render cars (and other vehicles) obsolete...

I agree about cars, but I still like to fly around in jets blowing shit up...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 28, 2013, 07:02 Agrajag

Fion wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:24:
I was worried the super powers would make the game to easy but it doesn't really.

Nope, but what it DOES do is render cars (and other vehicles) obsolete... They've got all this cool car customization and upgrading and such carried over from 3, but I basically haven't used it at all since the first mission that required you to customize a car... That's the only car I have stored (aside from ones earned during other missions), and I've never bothered to drive it since... What's the point, when you can run up the side of a skyscraper, then leap off and glide across the city to your destination!

Not that I'm complaining... It's a hell of a lot more fun than driving through traffic! But, it does feel kind of weird not having to always be jacking cars and driving around everywhere...

9. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 22:10 nin

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:49:
Dumb game, a lot of lemmings will buy it anyways.

We're glad we don't have to play with you.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 21:49 Ozmodan

Dumb game, a lot of lemmings will buy it anyways.  

7. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 21:02 KTR

Lol, funny article. Trying to find some good out of bad news.

6. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 17:24 Fion

You mean a hot Asian puckish rogue with bouncy tits.

I was worried the super powers would make the game to easy but it doesn't really. You are powerful and able to one-shot many enemies but you can still be overwhelmed with firepower. Oh and the weapons are awesome. 'Merica is the greatest video game weapon since the BFG.

The only thing I dislike so far is the myriad side-missions that are essentially just a collection of minigames. Now mind, the minigames are generally fun but I dislike them being forced on you because a lot of the powers, weapons and upgrades are gained by doing them specifically. I'd rather they just be tied with the main missions or loyalty missions (which are often awesome.)

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2013, 17:29.

5. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 16:53 NegaDeath

It really is a great game. It lets you feel like a true superhero: fast, powerful, mobile yet still vulnerable. Just don't call him a psychopath, he's a puckish rogue.  

4. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 16:01 Mashiki Amiketo

ViRGE wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 15:58:
Only the 4th biggest launch of the year? A shame, it deserves even better than that. As far as gameplay is concerned it's the best game of the year (at least thus far).
The gameplay is great, makes me think: Matrix, with all the fun that's possible.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 15:58 ViRGE

Only the 4th biggest launch of the year? A shame, it deserves even better than that. As far as gameplay is concerned it's the best game of the year (at least thus far).  

2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 15:19 SectorEffector

Blacklist doesn't have Michael Ironside voicing Sam for some stupid reason that gets blamed on performance capture. The new voice pales and they really should've just made the story revolve around another third echelon agent. Thank god for the summer sale.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts - Saints Row IV Aug 27, 2013, 11:12 netnerd85

It is awesome fun, sucks that most of my country have to wait to play  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo