Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned

The GeForce Website has word that Watch_Dogs (Watch Dogs) will receive some PC-specific enhancements thanks to a partnership between NVIDIA and Ubisoft (thanks PC Gamer). They offer a trailer to accompany this news:

NVIDIA and Ubisoft have signed an unprecedented technical alliance that will see their best games enhanced with PC-exclusive effects and features. To date, we've confirmed the inclusion of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in the alliance, and now we're pleased to announce that one of the year's most anticipated games, Watch_Dogs, is joining the roster too.

Specific details about Watch_Dog's enhancements will be revealed in the coming months, so make sure to stay tuned to GeForce.com for all the info. In the meantime, here's Ubisoft with an overview of the game for those just discovering the wonder that is Watch_Dogs.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 22:33 jacobvandy

That may be the most pointless video ever posted here, BTW. To think I let 1080p buffer for a while... for that!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 22:15 entr0py

NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:28:
entr0py wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:15:
That can only mean they're going to include PhysX exclusive features rather than just doing a version that will work on any video card. At least when AMD sponsors a game and gets their logo splashed on the screen, it doesn't carry any proprietary bullshit.

If AMD had a proprietary tech they thought they could muscle people into adopting, they'd do the same shit. Let's not pretend it's some kind of moral stance.

And if the recent AMD Evolved stuff is any indication, their exclusive feature is "We've disallowed the developer from working with Nvidia to get driver fixes ready for release day."

Yeah it's not a moral question, and I don't really blame Nvidia for the strategy. I just blame game publishers for playing along and giving the finger to half their customers.

I didn't know that AMD Evolved titles had that problem with Nvidia drivers. That's equally dickish if so.

18. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 21:28 NKD

entr0py wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:15:
That can only mean they're going to include PhysX exclusive features rather than just doing a version that will work on any video card. At least when AMD sponsors a game and gets their logo splashed on the screen, it doesn't carry any proprietary bullshit.

If AMD had a proprietary tech they thought they could muscle people into adopting, they'd do the same shit. Let's not pretend it's some kind of moral stance.

And if the recent AMD Evolved stuff is any indication, their exclusive feature is "We've disallowed the developer from working with Nvidia to get driver fixes ready for release day."

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

17. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 21:15 entr0py

16. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 20:53 Taskeen

PC Games are always better.  

15. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 19:42 jacobvandy

necrosis wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 17:53:
NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 12:41:
Ubi has already been doing very good PC ports for some time. Nothing new here.
Only as long as you ignore that their PC ports come out MONTHS after the console versions.

The new Splinter Cell was same-day, Assassin's Creed III was a few weeks later, Call of Juarez Gunslinger was same day, Far Cry 3 was same-day, Blood Dragon was same-day, last Ghost Recon was one month later, Driver: SF was two weeks later, From Dust was three weeks later, AC: Revelations was two weeks later... The last release even remotely close to your pointless hyperbole is CoJ: The Cartel at two months delayed, but were you really itching to play that one? You have to go all the way back to AC: Brotherhood to get to the last release that made it to PC 4 months after it did consoles. But that was also the time they decided to start getting rid of always-on DRM, so I think we can still call that a "very good port."

14. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 18:02 eRe4s3r

wtf_man wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 15:28:
Tim Collins wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 13:27:
Nvidia didn't get into the consoles so they want to optimize everything that comes out that can be played in their discrete video cards.

This is basically true. If all of the future console ports run better / are optimized for AMD cards (Because of the PS4 and XBone)... then why would someone buy a new nVidia card as their next graphics card upgrade? (Besides a fanboi/gurl)

nVidia HAS to do something to remain relevant and "level the field" for future console ports.

Considering PC hardware market share and how it favors nvidia the real question here is whether PC Publishers (of ports or proper PC games) bond with the AMD Evolved program or not. Considering the last AMD Evolved game (Tomb Raider) and how glitchy that was on nvidia cards.....

13. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 17:53 necrosis

NKD wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 12:41:
Only as long as you ignore that their PC ports come out MONTHS after the console versions.

12. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 17:11 CJ_Parker

lol@AMD  

11. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 17:05 RollinThundr

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 14:34:
Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 14:12:
Assassins Creed 3 sucked on the PC the combat controls were some of the worst I have experienced

Let's give credit where it's due shall we? Ubisoft's PC ports as of late have been very good with not being direct from console ports and supporting DX11 features etc.

Pretty sure the controls have little to do with the tech side of Ubi's ports, (since Ass Creed 1) have been quite good.

I didn't realize we we talking control scheme, which is moot, Ubi's pc ports play just fine with M/keyboard.

10. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 15:28 wtf_man

Tim Collins wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 13:27:
Nvidia didn't get into the consoles so they want to optimize everything that comes out that can be played in their discrete video cards.

This is basically true. If all of the future console ports run better / are optimized for AMD cards (Because of the PS4 and XBone)... then why would someone buy a new nVidia card as their next graphics card upgrade? (Besides a fanboi/gurl)

nVidia HAS to do something to remain relevant and "level the field" for future console ports.

9. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 14:34 The Half Elf

Angrius Maximis wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 14:12:
Assassins Creed 3 sucked on the PC the combat controls were some of the worst I have experienced

Let's give credit where it's due shall we? Ubisoft's PC ports as of late have been very good with not being direct from console ports and supporting DX11 features etc.

Pretty sure the controls have little to do with the tech side of Ubi's ports, (since Ass Creed 1) have been quite good.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 14:12 Angrius Maximis

7. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 13:27 Tim Collins

This is just a performance optimization strat for pc games, considering I own a Nvidia card I'll take it.

This is a press release because Nvidia wants to show what they are doing to support PC gaming.

6. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 13:13 Leper

It seems like I've been seeing news about this game forever. Stop announcing games so early in their development life-cycle!  

5. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 12:41 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 12:03 RollinThundr

Panickd wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:55:
NeOCidE wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:42:
The PC finally getting some love? About damn time!

Not sure this counts as "love". It's a console port with larger/prettier textures and some of the easier to implement procedural effects that are unavailable on the current gen consoles. It's not like they put a lot of extra work into it. And since these games were probably bound for the PC anyway (since Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games are all on the PC) I don't think you should be chalking the "win" column for the PC. It's just the status quo.

3. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 11:55 Panickd

NeOCidE wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 11:42:

Not sure this counts as "love". It's a console port with larger/prettier textures and some of the easier to implement procedural effects that are unavailable on the current gen consoles. It's not like they put a lot of extra work into it. And since these games were probably bound for the PC anyway (since Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed games are all on the PC) I don't think you should be chalking the "win" column for the PC. It's just the status quo.

2. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 11:42 NeOCidE

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

1. Re: Watch_Dogs PC Features Planned Aug 27, 2013, 10:39 SpectralMeat

Big news about no news.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo