Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Interviews

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 28, 2013, 08:11 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 21:27:
"We don't ship a game that we can't charge $150 for over time instead of $60 right away."

Because achievements and multiplayer some how cost extra?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 22:27 HorrorScope

I don't mind that bold move, but it has to make sense and work. If it doesn't it is double fail. So there is greater risk here imo.

I'm not sure at this time they need to really be making a bold point of this. Some of the other things they've released lately have been positive, no reason to get the negative juices flowing.

7. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 21:27 Redmask

"We don't ship a game that we can't charge $150 for over time instead of $60 right away."  

6. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 18:45 Creston

Prez wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 15:15:
That's fine by me. I haven't really had the desire to play an EA game in a long time anyway.

The funny thing is I could have sworn that Origin had an offline mode. Aren't singleplayer games like Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3 playable offline?

Dunno about Dead Space. Mass Effect is technically playable offline, but as soon as you have any DLC it'll whine that it can't authenticate. Bioware keeps proclaiming that it isn't true, despite the fact you can just pull your network cable out of your PC, start ME2 or ME3, and have the game flatout tell you that you can't use the DLC. (which means you can't load any savegame with the DLC 'activated' in it.)

There are ways around it by individually editing files for each DLC to basically stop it from checking for authentication (for ME2). No idea if that still holds for ME3, to be honest.

But the stand-alone game itself will work in offline mode.

5. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 17:39 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 13:43:
That's a fairly vague statement. Does it mean every game going forward will be like Simcity? Or just that every game going forward will have a multiplayer component?

It means all games will either have a multiplayer component, like say a Madden or Fifa or Battlefield, or at the least have some form of connectivity, be it steam like achievements for say a Dragon Age or Dead Space.

4. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 15:15 Prez

That's fine by me. I haven't really had the desire to play an EA game in a long time anyway.

The funny thing is I could have sworn that Origin had an offline mode. Aren't singleplayer games like Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3 playable offline?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

3. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 15:08 Xenovore

I expect like Simcity. This just further strengthens my resolve to never buy an EA game again.  

2. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 13:43 jdreyer

That's a fairly vague statement. Does it mean every game going forward will be like Simcity? Or just that every game going forward will have a multiplayer component?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 27, 2013, 11:19 Creston

They did say that already. Apparently it's worth repeating.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo