Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Safety Dance

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 27, 2013, 14:16 jdreyer

El Pit wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 10:42:
if media violence leads to "the real thing", does e.g. NASCAR on tv lead to the lot of victims killed and hurt by speeding cars? Just asking...

Maybe not NASCAR, but the Fast and Furious movies. We had an epidemic of highway racing and crashes after that movie and its sequels came out. The police mounted a huge campaign and there were ads on TV and everything. I even had a car totaled by a racer one Friday night. I was in the slow lane in moderate traffic. Two cars went flying by weaving in and out. Then seconds later the third hit my driver's side trunk totaling my car. I wasn't injured. It was just a young kid, maybe 18. Luckily he wasn't injured either.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 27, 2013, 13:36 LittleMe

I wish we had such intensive media focus on government violence. Oh and yes, we can suspect the feds for attacking .cn.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 27, 2013, 11:18 Creston

No, it doesn't. Only game violence does. DUH.  

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 27, 2013, 10:42 El Pit

if media violence leads to "the real thing", does e.g. NASCAR on tv lead to the lot of victims killed and hurt by speeding cars? Just asking...  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo