Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 27, 2013, 12:10 RollinThundr

siapnar wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 19:27:
Yeah.. not an excuse, really.

Plenty of studios are able to pump more detail into a game for it's next iteration and still manage to maintain the framerate.
EA have a year each time to optimize the engine and the imported assets.
The only reason they don't bother with it for NHL is because people will buy it, just because it's the new version.

I think you're missing the point, both the PS3 and Xbox have max, 512 megs available. Hockey is a fast game, much faster than NBA or NFL. Visually NHL is already a great looking game. The game already struggles to maintain a solid framerate due to the speed of the game, and amount of players and AI running routines on the ice.

It's trendy to call EA lazy, but it's not the case irt this Sku. If nothing else, over the course of this generation NHL has been EA Sports best title.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 19:27 siapnar

Yeah.. not an excuse, really.

Plenty of studios are able to pump more detail into a game for it's next iteration and still manage to maintain the framerate.
EA have a year each time to optimize the engine and the imported assets.
The only reason they don't bother with it for NHL is because people will buy it, just because it's the new version.

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 17:26 RollinThundr

siapnar wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 16:38:
There have been plenty of franchise games released on the current gen consoles that have had considerate visual and mechanical upgrades with each iteration.

No reason NHL can't do the same.

Ok lets improve the visuals further on current gen, and have the game run at 15 fps. That'll play so well for a hockey game.

The game struggles already to maintain frames on both the 360 and PS3 as it is.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 16:38 siapnar

There have been plenty of franchise games released on the current gen consoles that have had considerate visual and mechanical upgrades with each iteration.

No reason NHL can't do the same.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 10:54 RollinThundr

siapnar wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:39:
They really need to update this franchise's graphics and animation. It's looked this way for 4 years.

They do introduce new gameplay mechanics each iteration, but sometimes some of the time the execution is off and the upgrades are so minimal year-to-year.

The graphics are fine, they got everything they could out of 2 consoles with 512 megs of ram on them this generation. I won't expect a graphics or presentation overhaul until PS4/XBone

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 26, 2013, 10:39 siapnar

They really need to update this franchise's graphics and animation. It's looked this way for 4 years.

They do introduce new gameplay mechanics each iteration, but sometimes some of the time the execution is off and the upgrades are so minimal year-to-year.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo