Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2013, 09:23 Ant

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 08:07:
I really enjoyed the mild July, especially my $75 power bill.
Wow, cheap. East of L.A., some people pay $300-500 per month with AC. :O

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2013, 08:07 Mr. Tact

I really enjoyed the mild July, especially my $75 power bill.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 21:08 Creston

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 19:28:
Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 18:33:
Is that you, Rutledge Wood?

Whozat? :-blink-:

One of the hosts of the american version of Top Gear. He's a huge fan of the VW Microbus. Had you seen the episode(s), you'd have gotten it.

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 2013, 01:20.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 19:48  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 19:28:
Blue wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 17:39:
Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:30:
Awww, on the Microbus. Still one of my fave vehicles of all time. Always wanted one. And what's with the deathmobile association, Blue? Animal House's Deathmobile was a 1966 Lincoln Continental.

I had a recollection that they were phased out in the US so long ago due to being unable to meet the modest safety standards of the time, though now that you ask, I can't find any links that are particularly supportive of this memory.

I believe you're thinking of the Ford Pinto, which used to explode at the drop of a hat.

No, I was thinking of the VW microbus. I just can't find anything that supports my recollection.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 19:28 Cutter

Blue wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 17:39:
Awww, on the Microbus. Still one of my fave vehicles of all time. Always wanted one. And what's with the deathmobile association, Blue? Animal House's Deathmobile was a 1966 Lincoln Continental.

I had a recollection that they were phased out in the US so long ago due to being unable to meet the modest safety standards of the time, though now that you ask, I can't find any links that are particularly supportive of this memory.

I believe you're thinking of the Ford Pinto, which used to explode at the drop of a hat.

Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 18:33:

Whozat? :-blink-:

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 19:09 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 18:59:
Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 12:42:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 09:52:
"Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter.
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat...
We gotta pay for that nice August somehow.
Yup. still hate driving in it though...

6pm CST in MPLS and it is still 97F.....ugh. Not looking forwrd to work....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 18:59 nin

Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 12:42:

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat...

Yup. still hate driving in it though...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 18:33 Creston

Awww, on the Microbus. Still one of my fave vehicles of all time.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 17:39  Blue 

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 17:25 eDave

Arizona. Arizona never changes.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 17:21 eRe4s3r

We had the 5th coldest winter since recording 2012/2013.... and it was the winter with the least sun hours on record. Meaning, it was long, dark, and cold. But very little snow in my area (thankfully).

March 2013 was coldest month in 100 years.
And the winter lasted till April... Meaning it was one of the longest winters ever recorded and delayed natural growth cycle of plants by an entire month.

So yeah... that was not a "bitter" winter, but it was very long and very cold. It even set a new record on my outside measurement.. -20.2C ... in Germany! Not on a mountain, +112m sea level...

This summer was utterly annoying though. 100% humidity and +37C for nearly a week. If anything, weather becomes more extreme, but it does not get warmer. I hear we had bad storms in places but for where I lived, this was one of the mildest storm seasons (so far) I can remember. With 1 exception.... a thunderstorm of giant proportions rolled over with lightning illuminating the entire horizon in all directions....

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 14:42 Prez

I've been in the midsouth for 14 years now and I have never had an August before this one where it was in the 70's during the day and in the high 50's at night. And almost no humidity! It was like that for 2 weeks. Ask people around here who have lived in the midsouth their whole lives and they'll tell you that hasn't happened in half a century. I would think we would need to be buried under about 6 feet of snow for all of February to make up for that!  

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 14:30 Cutter

It's been a few years since we've had a brutal winter and yeah, it's always cyclical, 3-4 years, so it's no big prediction. And particularly after hot summers like this one. Yeah, it's gonna' be cold and snowy as a mofo this winter! I'd certainly feel better if Ned Stark was still around.

And yeah, you have to be nuts to eat fish anymore. May as well be sucking down a mercury thermometer.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 13:58 Creston

Well, nice for us in Oklahoma. It's been 80s and low 90s, which is just about arctic compared to what we had the past two years (110-120)

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 12:56 Narf2029

Nice? We had part of one week here in the mid-high 70s but it's been in the high 80s or low-mid 90s otherwise. The couple times it "rained" it was light for 10-15 minutes and all evidence was gone in an hour. Been so hot the tint cracked and peeled off my passenger window.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 12:42 Creston

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat...

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 12:30 Mr. Tact

I can't decide if I do or don't want to see a Superbowl awash in snow.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 11:03 eRe4s3r

RoboNerd wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 10:31:
Re: Winter is coming. "Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter. Thanks brother19. And thanks Mother Nature. Thanks a whole lot.

Wait, global warming will surely save us from this... Sunny

Global warming, or rather "Climate Change" does not make winters less bitter. It does the opposite... more snow over larger areas = colder and longer winter.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 10:31 RoboNerd

Re: Winter is coming. "Farmers' Almanac" predicts a "bitterly cold" winter. Thanks brother19. And thanks Mother Nature. Thanks a whole lot.

Wait, global warming will surely save us from this... Sunny

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 09:52 nin

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo