Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak

The Rockstar Games website has a statement (oddly in the form of a comment to another post) announcing Grand Theft Auto V is gold for its console release, also confirming the legitimacy of the leak of details, apologizing for the spoilers which have ensued (thanks GameInformer). Here's word:

We’re pleased to confirm that Grand Theft Auto V has officially gone gold and we’re now preparing the game for release on September 17th for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Unfortunately, as many of you may already know, some people who downloaded the digital pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V through the PlayStation Store in Europe were able to access certain GTAV assets leading to leaked information and media from the game appearing online. You can read Sony’s statement on this here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/24/grand-theft-auto-v-update/. As you can imagine, we are deeply disappointed by leaks and spoilers being spread in advance of the game's launch. GTAV represents years of hard work by many people across the world, and we all couldn't be more excited to finally share it with you properly this September 17th. Please stay tuned here at the Rockstar Newswire for all announcements about GTAV between now and game release as we definitely still have more to officially reveal.

As a specific note to our Social Club community, please remember Rule #1 right above the Comment Box. Please do not proliferate such things here as we certainly don’t want any misinformation spread from things that are fake nor do we want spoilers spread regarding anything that might be true. Anyone engaging in such discussion here at the Rockstar Newswire before September 17th will have commenting privileges revoked until well after the game’s release. Thank you all for your understanding and your support.

View
80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

80. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 29, 2013, 10:00 Verno

In like sin  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

79. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 29, 2013, 09:03  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 08:59:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 02:08:
Hay guys, feel free to join so we can all get together....

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

Signed in.

Me too... probably obvious from the handle.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

78. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 29, 2013, 08:59 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 02:08:

Signed in.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

77. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 29, 2013, 02:08 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

76. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 28, 2013, 16:45 The_Pink_Tiger

Popularity doesn't grow on trees ya know.

Unless it's a poplar.

Sorry, sorry, I'll go back to lurking in the shadows.

75. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 27, 2013, 21:36 Redmask

Dev wrote on Aug 27, 2013, 09:18:
NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:41:
Dev wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 06:47:
Yet its one of the most popular news posts (going by popular thread list on the left). Thats probably why its posted on bluesnews.

It's posted on Blue's because it's a popular post on Blue's? I get your point but the way you state it is hilariously circular.
Yes but in reality it is kinda a circular feedback loop. The subject matter (GTA 5) is popular (even among PC gamers) so he posts news on it, and that probably increases the interest, meaning he will post more on it.

Popularity doesn't grow on trees ya know.

74. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 27, 2013, 09:35 Mr. Tact

No doubt this will soon be a GTA themed web-site. Or not.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

73. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 27, 2013, 09:18 Dev

NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:41:
Dev wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 06:47:
Yet its one of the most popular news posts (going by popular thread list on the left). Thats probably why its posted on bluesnews.

It's posted on Blue's because it's a popular post on Blue's? I get your point but the way you state it is hilariously circular.
Yes but in reality it is kinda a circular feedback loop. The subject matter (GTA 5) is popular (even among PC gamers) so he posts news on it, and that probably increases the interest, meaning he will post more on it.

72. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 27, 2013, 07:58 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 22:33:
nin wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 18:58:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:28:
Wow, looks like of all 3 versions of the game, the PS3 SE version is sold out online at Gamestop.....PS fans have stayed loyal to the series.

Bought mine through R* warehouse...

I was afraid to do that...thought maybe I woldn't get it for a couple weeks after release.....bought the digital with PSN and goign to get a physical super awesome edition locally....

They claim it'll be here release day...fingers crossed!

71. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 22:33 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 18:58:
Wow, looks like of all 3 versions of the game, the PS3 SE version is sold out online at Gamestop.....PS fans have stayed loyal to the series.

I was afraid to do that...thought maybe I woldn't get it for a couple weeks after release.....bought the digital with PSN and goign to get a physical super awesome edition locally....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

70. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 18:58 nin

69. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 17:26 Fantaz

it's sold out as only buying the SE version will allow your special abilities bar to regenerate 25% faster...

linky

68. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 14:28 xXBatmanXx

67. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 14:04 Beamer

Quinn wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 04:01:
Beamer, is it just me or did you just passionately complain about a game you never played?

Oh, I meant SA. Though it should have been obvious because most of what I complained about was new in that one.

VC I didn't play. GTA3 I played a crapton of on PC. SA I played on PS2 until the point where they do that stupid taking-everything-you've-earned-from-you thing. And GTA4 I did maybe an hour in SP and hated it, then another 2 hours in multiplayer which was fun as a novelty but kind of pointless.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

66. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 13:46 RollinThundr

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 00:34:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 23:17:
PropheT wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 22:46:
Cutter wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 18:51:
San Andreas was universally reviled as the worst of the bunch and for many good reasons. No, the best of the series was still Vice City. GTA4 would be after that.

Are you sure? Most the people I've seen have it the other way around and say San Andreas was their favorite and Vice City the worst.

Only the console kiddy wigga gangstas were 'down' with San Andreas. And that's all that was. So yeah, if you were a 14 year old wigga I'm sure it was pretty sweet.

So, that makes you an over-the-hill yayo freak, ecstatic to vicariously re-live the neon glory of the olden days?

An unbiased comparison puts San Andreas head-and-shoulders above Vice City in almost every facet of gameplay, up to and including small but important details akin to the aforementioned car stopping. Such as being able to... SWIM!

It's fine to express your dislike of the setting or story, but it's ludicrous to project that into some warped sense of reality where everyone else hated it, too. The fact is SA sold 10+ million more copies than VC, and the average review scores are virtually identical (both are slightly lower than III and IV).

It's cutter, he tends to invent his own reality as he goes along even if no one else agrees with him.

65. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 13:41 Dmitri_M

Beamer wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 02:40:
tap Triangle for 2 hours
Where I'm from tapping triangle means much more than repeatedly pressing a button on a gamepad.

64. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 12:09 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:48:
Haha, god forbid a game makes you step outside of your comfort zone for a moment. WIGGA GANGSTA SIMULATOR!!!

The Ballas wouldn't give a shit.

63. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 10:46 siapnar

San Andreas is my favourite of the GTA's by far. The large world, freedom and amount of activities to do was insane.

And I loved CJ's story.

I just love me some wigga simulator!

NKD wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 09:04:
Come on Verno don't be ridiculous. 1992 California gangster culture is for wannabe thugs and imbeciles. 1986 Florida gangster culture is for discerning gentlemen.
lol

I have projectile dysfunction.

62. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 09:04 NKD

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:48:
Only the console kiddy wigga gangstas were 'down' with San Andreas. And that's all that was. So yeah, if you were a 14 year old wigga I'm sure it was pretty sweet.

Haha, god forbid a game makes you step outside of your comfort zone for a moment. WIGGA GANGSTA SIMULATOR!!!

Come on Verno don't be ridiculous. 1992 California gangster culture is for wannabe thugs and imbeciles. 1986 Florida gangster culture is for discerning gentlemen.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

61. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 26, 2013, 08:48 Verno

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

80 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo