Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the past week according to Valve:

1. PAYDAY 2
  2. Saints Row IV
  3. Total War: ROME II
  4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  5. Might & Magic Legacy X
  6. Civilization V: Brave New World
  7. The Witcher 2": Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  8. Saints Row IV Season Pass
  9. X Rebirth
  10. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 17:39 NeOCidE

Blimey....Skyrim has finally fallen out of the top ten.  
Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 16:37 Jerykk

Blacklist is significantly better than Conviction. There are still some forced confrontations but for the most part, you can sneak past every enemy. The game gives you the most points for doing so as well. There are also side-missions, which I actual prefer to the story missions because they're more open-ended and don't have any cutscenes or other nonsense. Grim's side-missions are specifically tailored towards pure stealth players too.

Mark & Execute is still around and there are still some scenarios that were clearly designed with it in mind, but all of these scenarios can by beat by other means so M&E is still optional. If you really have no self-restraint, you can play on the highest difficulty which disables M&E.

I don't like the way there's 'convenient' checkpoint-like stashes where you magically resupply ammo and equipment. Is that standard now?

The stashes are disabled if you play on the highest difficulty.

Basically, if you want the best experience, play on the highest difficulty.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 16:00 Dmitri_M

Redmask wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 14:37:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 13:51:
Does it play well with a keyboard and mouse? Everyone who seems to be reporting the port as good plays with a gamepad. I still cannot play these sorts of games with a gamepad (even though I own one). I'd hate to buy it to discover some issue with m/k control.

It plays fine with mouse and keyboard, I'm not using a gamepad.
Thanks, I might just pick this up then.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 14:47 Techie714

I really wanted to jump on the bash the new Splinter Cell band wagon, but it's getting some solid reviews...I'll have to add this to the Wishlist.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist
http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/
http://www.ign.com/games/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/pc-75427

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 14:37 Redmask

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 13:51:
Does it play well with a keyboard and mouse? Everyone who seems to be reporting the port as good plays with a gamepad. I still cannot play these sorts of games with a gamepad (even though I own one). I'd hate to buy it to discover some issue with m/k control.

It plays fine with mouse and keyboard, I'm not using a gamepad.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 14:25 J

I don't like the way there's 'convenient' checkpoint-like stashes where you magically resupply ammo and equipment. Is that standard now?

I haven't played since Chaos Theory.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 14:17 Sepharo

Redmask wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 13:16:
Splinter Cell Blacklist is actually really, really good. I am surprised by just how good it is since I had totally lost interest in these games after Conviction. The enemy AI is top notch with all sorts of cool features you do not see in other games. The new voice actor for Fisher does a respectable job, Ironside was starting to sound a bit ridiculous anyway. The story is absurd but enjoyable. The stealth gameplay is very well done and challenging. It's obvious they designed the game around stealth too, the run and gun play style is incredibly difficult to pull off at times. There are all sorts of neat little touches in the levels which feel like actual places human beings might inhabit instead of just videogame places.

The PC port is exceptionally well done, Ubisoft should be commended for including just about every adjustment imaginable. The only real negatives so far have been the lack of an FOV adjustment option and a very clunky cover system. I hope the game performs well, they really deserve some success. Ubisoft Toronto did an amazing job on it, Jade Raymond proved her management skills here.

Damn you, it's been a long time since I've played a Splinter Cell but now you have me itching to play this one.

Too bad it's so damn expensive. I think some of those articles on devaluing games might be onto something because where $60 used to seem like the price now it seems absurd.

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 14:05 J

Just watching a playthrough video and it seems like one takedown activates the execute function. Is that at a certain difficulty or is that how the game is?

(If it's the latter then colour me disinterested.)

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 13:51 Dmitri_M

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 13:16 Redmask

Splinter Cell Blacklist is actually really, really good. I am surprised by just how good it is since I had totally lost interest in these games after Conviction. The enemy AI is top notch with all sorts of cool features you do not see in other games. The new voice actor for Fisher does a respectable job, Ironside was starting to sound a bit ridiculous anyway. The story is absurd but enjoyable. The stealth gameplay is very well done and challenging. It's obvious they designed the game around stealth too, the run and gun play style is incredibly difficult to pull off at times. There are all sorts of neat little touches in the levels which feel like actual places human beings might inhabit instead of just videogame places.

The PC port is exceptionally well done, Ubisoft should be commended for including just about every adjustment imaginable. The only real negatives so far have been the lack of an FOV adjustment option and a very clunky cover system. I hope the game performs well, they really deserve some success. Ubisoft Toronto did an amazing job on it, Jade Raymond proved her management skills here.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo