Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here are the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the past week according to Valve:

1. PAYDAY 2
  2. Saints Row IV
  3. Total War: ROME II
  4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  5. Might & Magic Legacy X
  6. Civilization V: Brave New World
  7. The Witcher 2": Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
  8. Saints Row IV Season Pass
  9. X Rebirth
  10. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 18:49 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 17:26:
I might play Blacklist but I'm too busy playing (more) Payday instead.

Update today fixed a lot of the problems from previous update....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 17:26 PHJF

I might play Blacklist but I'm too busy playing (more) Payday instead.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 14:04 Creston

Thanks for the reviews/opinions on Splinter Cell, guys. I'd completely ignored it, since the last few were terrible, but it sounds like this is worth putting on my list.

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 12:25 J

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 09:36:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 09:15:
What's the best place to pick it up from?

I'm just going to get it from Steam but if you can find people selling the uPlay codes that came with their videocards you can get it for $20-30.
I got it for 20% off from Green Man Gaming. It worked out at 24.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 09:48 RollinThundr

J wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:51:
What shocked me was that it only took one enemy to fill up the bar in a playthrough video I was watching. So I wanted to know more about what difficulty level(s) that would apply to.

I think I'm playing on normal the first time through. And if I remember right, it takes 2 kills/takedowns on normal.

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 09:36 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 09:15:

I'm just going to get it from Steam but if you can find people selling the uPlay codes that came with their videocards you can get it for $20-30.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 09:29 eRe4s3r

J wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 08:51:
What shocked me was that it only took one enemy to fill up the bar in a playthrough video I was watching. So I wanted to know more about what difficulty level(s) that would apply to.

On highest difficulty there aren't any "executions" ;p Basically what you should do is, forget the other difficulties, and play on the highest difficulty. Although, from what I have seen in the let's plays playing on that difficulty, the later missions in this game very quickly deteriate into shooting and more shooting. And sometimes (I watched up to US embassy in Teheran, there are situations that are just down right unfair. (ie, you could never have known that would happen before playing it once)

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 09:15 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 08:51 J

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 08:46 Verno

Thanks for the words on Splinter Cell RM and Jerykk, gonna pick it up after work.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 08:01 RollinThundr

J wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 14:05:
Just watching a playthrough video and it seems like one takedown activates the execute function. Is that at a certain difficulty or is that how the game is?

(If it's the latter then colour me disinterested.)

Taking out enemies fills up your Mark and Execute meter, you can go through missions not killing a single guy if you really want to.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 07:58 RollinThundr

Redmask wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 13:16:
Splinter Cell Blacklist is actually really, really good. I am surprised by just how good it is since I had totally lost interest in these games after Conviction. The enemy AI is top notch with all sorts of cool features you do not see in other games. The new voice actor for Fisher does a respectable job, Ironside was starting to sound a bit ridiculous anyway. The story is absurd but enjoyable. The stealth gameplay is very well done and challenging. It's obvious they designed the game around stealth too, the run and gun play style is incredibly difficult to pull off at times. There are all sorts of neat little touches in the levels which feel like actual places human beings might inhabit instead of just videogame places.

The PC port is exceptionally well done, Ubisoft should be commended for including just about every adjustment imaginable. The only real negatives so far have been the lack of an FOV adjustment option and a very clunky cover system. I hope the game performs well, they really deserve some success. Ubisoft Toronto did an amazing job on it, Jade Raymond proved her management skills here.

Holy hell I agree with Redmask on something, a section of hell clearly froze over.

But he's spot on here, the game is fantastic and I too didn't like Conviction.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 26, 2013, 03:33 J

Jerykk wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 16:37:
Blacklist is significantly better than Conviction. There are still some forced confrontations but for the most part, you can sneak past every enemy. The game gives you the most points for doing so as well. There are also side-missions, which I actual prefer to the story missions because they're more open-ended and don't have any cutscenes or other nonsense. Grim's side-missions are specifically tailored towards pure stealth players too.

Mark & Execute is still around and there are still some scenarios that were clearly designed with it in mind, but all of these scenarios can by beat by other means so M&E is still optional. If you really have no self-restraint, you can play on the highest difficulty which disables M&E.

I don't like the way there's 'convenient' checkpoint-like stashes where you magically resupply ammo and equipment. Is that standard now?

The stashes are disabled if you play on the highest difficulty.

Basically, if you want the best experience, play on the highest difficulty.
Awesome reading. You may have just saved them a lost sale!

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 22:48 Redmask

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 20:39:
So you bash games based on reviews? That's an interesting sheep-like approach! lol

You misread what he said, how sheep-like of you!

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 21:05 SpectralMeat

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 18:35:
Cant wait to play Rome2, really giddy about this one.
Same here
Looking forward to it.

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 20:41 nin

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 20:39:
Techie714 wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 14:47:
I really wanted to jump on the bash the new Splinter Cell band wagon, but it's getting some solid reviews...I'll have to add this to the Wishlist.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist
http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/
http://www.ign.com/games/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/pc-75427

So you bash games based on reviews? That's an interesting sheep-like approach! lol

I believe his point was he expected it to suck, but the reviews were surprising (in a positive way).

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 20:39 Steele Johnson

Techie714 wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 14:47:
I really wanted to jump on the bash the new Splinter Cell band wagon, but it's getting some solid reviews...I'll have to add this to the Wishlist.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist
http://www.gamespot.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/
http://www.ign.com/games/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/pc-75427

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 18:35 dj LiTh

Cant wait to play Rome2, really giddy about this one. Of course i go on vacation for 8 days the day it comes out. Guess i'll be imagining roman invasions from a beach in croatia somewhere.  

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 18:18 cronik

NeOCidE wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 17:39:
Blimey....Skyrim has finally fallen out of the top ten.

noooo!

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 25, 2013, 17:55 xXBatmanXx

NeOCidE wrote on Aug 25, 2013, 17:39:
Blimey....Skyrim has finally fallen out of the top ten.

Obvious glitch in the Matrix. It shall return next week. It is the 6th most played game on Steam. Insane.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo