Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions

German site ESOHUB.de has word from Bethesda's Matt Firor that The Elder Scrolls Online will feature an in-game store, in spite of the recent announcement the game will feature subscriptions. In a mantra learned from F2P developers, he explains how this is a chance to buy things irrelevant to the actual game. The site is German, but the interview is offered as a video, so Matt explains this in English: "There won't be anything like 'bonus points,' but we'll have a shop to buy kind of fun stuff, and services too, like name changes and things like that. But it's not part of the core game. Like, anything in the core game is included in the subscription price." Thanks AusGamers via Reddit.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 11:14 Creston

C'mon, Bethesda just wants to have its cake and eat it too. 60 dollar purchase price AND a subscription AND a cash shop. Please give them more money.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 11:10 aesir05

InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:16:

Yeah and we all know how WoW clones fare...

You'd think that people would get the hint by now

I found these charts showing the subs for popular mmos
http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:59 InBlack

Gojo wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:53:
Ceribaen wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:42:
And EQ did it even before WoW did...

That's right. This is nothing new and certainly nothing to bitch about.

You're right. I mean what could go wrong, right? Everquest and WoW got it right and there is no reason why another MMO cant go the same route, I mean its a proven success formula!

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:57 Cutter

This is in place because they know the sub model won't last for this game for more than a year tops if that. They'll milk it for 6 months till everyone drops off and doesn't resub, than another few to get the F2P ready and that's what'll happen. Console MMO is just such a bad idea.

Meh bleh, anyway, yeah bring on Fallout 4 already you fuckers!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:56 SimplyMonk

Gojo wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:53:

I've been bitching about it since EQ and feel fully justified in bitching about it still.

Sadly, besides bitching, all I can do is just not play their game. So take that, Bethesda!

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:53 Gojo

=-Gojo-=

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:42 Ceribaen

Gojo wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:12:
So? WoW has done this since day one, but it wasn't called micro transactions. You had to pay to change servers, change your name, you can now buy mounts and pets.
This sounds like the same thing to me.

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:33 Angrius Maximis

So a monthly fee AND microtransactions....yeah...great  

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:27 InBlack

MajorD wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:19:
InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 09:53:
Hehehe, yeah incoming clusterfuck of epic proportions. Well I for one welcome the demise of this game, as that will only mean we get a new single player Elder Scrolls much sooner rather than later....

Agreed, but we need Fallout 4 before another Elder Scrolls.

I have no doubt thats in the pipeline. I just hope that they finally dump Gamebyro in all of its itterations. Lying about the game engine you use is really, really fucking low.

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:19 MajorD

InBlack wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 09:53:
Hehehe, yeah incoming clusterfuck of epic proportions. Well I for one welcome the demise of this game, as that will only mean we get a new single player Elder Scrolls much sooner rather than later....

Agreed, but we need Fallout 4 before another Elder Scrolls.

6. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:16 InBlack

Gojo wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 10:12:
So? WoW has done this since day one, but it wasn't called micro transactions. You had to pay to change servers, change your name, you can now buy mounts and pets.

Yeah and we all know how WoW clones fare...

5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:12 Gojo

=-Gojo-=

4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 10:09 Optional Nickname!

Greedy person wrote: "we'll have a shop to buy ... services ... like name changes and things like that. But it's not part of the core game."

Yet another reason to avoid multiplayer games: being charged to change your name and things like that.

3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 09:53 InBlack

2. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 09:52 NKD

Bwahahahaha.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 09:49 J

In before rioting  

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo