Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014

Konami announces a February 28th release date for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in the U.K. The headline on the press release mentions dates for U.S. and Europe as well, but does not provide them (presumably around the same time). Dispensing with what it doesn't say, here's a bit of what it does:

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has used the annual gamescom event to announce that its heralded Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 will be released for PlayStation®3, Xbox 360® and Windows PC in the UK on February 28th.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is the sequel to 2010’s hugely acclaimed resurrection of the vampiric series, and builds on its critically acclaimed predecessor in every way. Following extensive consultation with Castlevania’s enviable fan base, the sequel expands upon the acclaimed epic with a new storyline, villains and visuals. It also boasts a wealth of key additions that will provide a more open world and immersive experience, as players assume the role of Dracula, who has been resurrected in the present day and charged with defeating a powerful threat as old as time itself…

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 picks up where the first game shockingly concluded, with Dracula in modern times weakend and yearning for release from his immortal bonds. Zobek his old ally makes him an offer in return for his help against Satan who is returning to the world to bring about the apocalypse and settle an old score for his defeat all those years ago.

The world of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 breaks new ground for the series, offering for the first time a truly open play area, which can be freely explored. Despite its modern setting, the game’s city shows a Gothic legacy that harks back to Dracula’s past, and is inhabited by a varied menagerie of Satan’s hordes. Players can freely wander the city, returning to previously explored areas as they accrue new abilities, while an all-new fully moveable camera allows users to pan around as they explore, highlighting the wonderful art direction the series is famous for.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 22, 2013, 14:59 Cyanotetyphas

Jivaro wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 04:15:
Imo, it's good for some mindless fun but it is underwhelming overall. Particularly in the story/writing department.

I disagree, I think the religious Crusade Dark Age element was a great update to the boiler plate Dracula is magic endless resurrection crap that was going on in the 2D games. SoTN is an amazing game but it really has no story to speak of.

In Lord of Shadows, I liked the Tolkeinesque idea of the changing of Eras. Before there had been a society that made the Colossi, and maybe before that was the age of magic that Pan was from. The current Era was the Crusaders trying to fight the plague (in this case monsters, not disease). The game ends in a different era entirely (Modern).

The end game boss is the culmination of the fears of the current era, but in getting there you journey through all the wreckage of days past.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 22, 2013, 09:11 Smellfinger

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 23:38:
They need to make another game in same style as Symphony of the Night. That is still one of the best side-scroller games ever made.

I prefer the older games because they forced you to learn the mechanics of a boss fight. SOTN and the rest of the Metroidvania games let you grind your way to a win if you couldn't handle a boss. They were too easy.

4. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 22, 2013, 04:15 Jivaro

Alamar wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 19:51:
I really need to sit down and get through the rest of the first game... Huge Castlevania fan, but mostly for the Platformer RPGs...

-Alamar

Lords of Shadow sounds like an awesome concept. On paper, it has all the potential in the world. God of War gamplay + Castlevania story and characters, it should be all win from there.

Rice Crispy treats and bacon are both awesome. If you made a bacon pie with a Rice Kripsie treat crust, that would suck. (I know, I did it...long story, college stoner thing...trust me, it sucks) Bottom line, two good things together don't always make another good thing.

Imo, it's good for some mindless fun but it is underwhelming overall. Particularly in the story/writing department.

3. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 22, 2013, 02:09 entr0py

Beelzebud wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 23:38:
They need to make another game in same style as Symphony of the Night. That is still one of the best side-scroller games ever made.

Was Symphony of the Night all that different from all the 2D Castlevania games that followed? I think I played them all when they were new, but I don't remember the distinction.

Still, it's nice to see Konami announcing a PC version at the same time as the console versions. I had fun with Lords of Shadow, even if it wasn't exceptional. It showed enough promise to build on.

2. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 21, 2013, 23:38 Beelzebud

1. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 in February 2014 Aug 21, 2013, 19:51 Alamar

I really need to sit down and get through the rest of the first game... Huge Castlevania fan, but mostly for the Platformer RPGs...

-Alamar

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo