Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access

Eugen Systems announces the OS X and Linux editions of Wargame AirLand Battle are now available for early access for preorder customers and for owners of the Windows edition of their real-time strategy game. They celebrate this by offering a 50% discount on Steam. Here's word: "Steam players may now download the Linux and Mac early access beta versions of Wargame AirLand Battle on Steam, giving them immediate access to both solo and multiplayer. The multiplayer mode being PC/Mac/Linux cross-platform compatible, they will even be able to face or team with the numerous players already playing the PC version. Moreover, the Early Access Beta will automatically transform into the full version when the game officially releases on Mac and Linux next week."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 13:32 Dmitri_M

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 10:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 09:53:
You guys make it sound like a lot of fun.
I might grab it when it goes on sale again.

Again? It's on sale now.

Dmitri_M, there was a bug where infantry in forest would be labelled as panicked when they should, but no actual panic penalties would be applied. Does your tactic still work?
Haven't noticed any issues. Though I tend to use veteran and elite infantry since they rarely panic. As such I may not have noticed the bug.

Just finished a nice little 1v1. Hit and run infantry attacks then quickly relocate as the air strikes come in. Infantry decks are risky to play with. You sometimes get wiped out wholesale but it's so much fun choppering your entire army in fast and deploying into every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 13:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 10:07 SpectralMeat

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 10:01:

Again? It's on sale now.

I should do a better job at reading the news above

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 10:01 Quboid

Again? It's on sale now.

Dmitri_M, there was a bug where infantry in forest would be labelled as panicked when they should, but no actual panic penalties would be applied. Does your tactic still work?

- Quboid

7. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 09:53 SpectralMeat

6. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 09:39 Dmitri_M

Yeah in MP just when you think you have the perfect deck some guy will unleash some obscure unit you haven't heard foiling an offensive.

Unlike so many RTS there's no guaranteed way to win. The tactics are so varied, often down to just the right timing.

At the moment I'm fielding mostly infantry and support units. I love hiding infantry in forests and then walking them to the edge when unsuspecting enemy units move by. Infantry is much improved in ALB.

5. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 09:03 Quboid

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 06:35:
Shok wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 23:02:
I've got a major addiction to ALB. I'm at 100 hrs and counting, barely competent at it lol, but still having a blast.
Same here. Great game.

I'm at 90 hours and I barely know half the units.

The single player is completely different in ALB. EE had linear campaigns, now there's proper dynamic ones. I haven't tried it since the campaign patch a few weeks ago to address some issues with it (too many stalemates) but when I played it before the patch the flaw was apparent but it will still very enjoyable. Damn commies and their nukes, next time I'll take a harder line.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 09:37.

- Quboid

4. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 08:52 Dmitri_M

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 08:40:
never bothered with this one.
An error, sir.

3. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 08:40 SpectralMeat

I've got pretty frustrated with the later missions in the first game and never bothered with this one.
Did try MP in the first game but that did not go too well either. MP RTS games are not my thing.

2. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 22, 2013, 06:35 Dmitri_M

Shok wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 23:02:
I've got a major addiction to ALB. I'm at 100 hrs and counting, barely competent at it lol, but still having a blast.
Same here. Great game.

1. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle OS X/Linux Early Access Aug 21, 2013, 23:02 Shok

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo