Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 15:05 Dmitri_M

I don't understand why some of you think this means there might be a DK for PC. They're just packaging up an old IP for release on a mobile platform to make some cash. Probably outsourced to some company somewhere and since it's a developed IP it's safe producing it cheaply. Little risk an outsourcing company will mess it up since there's a lot of material to work with. "Here guys copy this". From a production standpoint.. WE know they might not do the originals justice but from EA's perspective they get a safe little cash cow for mobile that requires little gameplay or conceptual development.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 15:15.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 14:45 Krovven

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 07:51:
For those of us who never really played DK, I welcome a mobile version.

What I find entertaining about the "we hate anything that's not for the PC" crowd on bluesnews, is that it is highly unlikely that the devs who are porting DK to mobile devices are the same devs that would be used to create a sequel for the PC. Not to mention that a port is a much lower-hanging fruit than a sequel and will yield significant profit if done right. Game companies are businesses, you know.

a) It's not a port. It's a game made specifically for mobile. And from the sounds of it, it's a tower defence game with micro-transactions. b) I don't hate everything not PC. I play PS3 games and I play a few mobile games as well.

I will try DK mobile, but I don't expect it to be very good. I've been waiting for DK3 since they teased it on the DK2 disc. EA has come straight out and said they have no plans for a new DK, then they come out with this. They licensed the IP to some Chinese company to make Dungeon Keeper Online and they have given their blessing to http://steamcommunity.com/app/230190 basically copy DK for their game.

What I want...is a proper PC sequel to DK2, that uses the real characters and names...not a mobile game.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 2013, 14:56.

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 09:33 HorrorScope

Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 07:51:

What I find entertaining about the "we hate anything that's not for the PC" crowd on bluesnews, is that it is highly unlikely that the devs who are porting DK to mobile devices are the same devs that would be used to create a sequel for the PC. Not to mention that a port is a much lower-hanging fruit than a sequel and will yield significant profit if done right. Game companies are businesses, you know.

I'm not talking about the devs, the marketeers above them that direct the devs what to do next, they failed. I don't have a smart phone, I have a pc, didn't feel the need to have a smart phone for games, I had a better platform in a pc.

8. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 09:31 HorrorScope

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 07:35:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 00:12:
Dev wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 22:44:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 22:43:
Yeah it f-ing pisses me off when they take these franchises that we're dying for a sequel and make damn cell phone games with them. What's the idea anyway? Cell phone users aren't the DK fans. You always do this EA, try to kill franchises.
The idea is that thats where they think the money is. Casual games.

Well their stupid. I wonder if those guys go home thinking, man I'm stupid. Go to sleep thinking, man I'm stupid. Or are they too stupid to realize it? Their marketing team must be an Activision plant.
Actually they're thinking "We're making money. My MBA paid off. So glad I studied hard rather than playing computer games all day long like my friends".

Still a marketing failure, clueless. They need friends that work first then play. After 10 years... people begging for it... they come up with a mobile release. Stupid.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 07:51 Fibrocyte

6. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 07:35 Dmitri_M

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 00:12:
Yeah it f-ing pisses me off when they take these franchises that we're dying for a sequel and make damn cell phone games with them. What's the idea anyway? Cell phone users aren't the DK fans. You always do this EA, try to kill franchises.

Well their stupid. I wonder if those guys go home thinking, man I'm stupid. Go to sleep thinking, man I'm stupid. Or are they too stupid to realize it? Their marketing team must be an Activision plant.
Actually they're thinking "We're making money. My MBA paid off. So glad I studied hard rather than playing computer games all day long like my friends".

5. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 22, 2013, 00:12 HorrorScope

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2013, 22:46 ItBurn

My thinking is that casual gamers don't know about DK, so why not just make a new franchise and not piss off DK fans and most likely kill the franchise in the process.

3. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2013, 22:44 Dev

2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2013, 22:43 ItBurn

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 20:55:
I either want to say FU to EA. Or feel like there is a chance perhaps DK being revived for the PC... properly.

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2013, 20:55 HorrorScope

I either want to say FU to EA. Or feel like there is a chance perhaps DK being revived for the PC... properly.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo