Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced

Blizzard announces Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, saying the first expansion for Diablo III will raise the game's level cap to 70, add new randomized and end-game content, and more, though there's no word that it will remove the Auction House that admittedly harmed the game. This trailer is the opening cinematic, with a link in the description back to the Reaper of Souls teaser page discovered last week, showing the action/RPG expansion will focus on destroying the soul stone that keeps causing so much trouble in a conflict against Death (and not the sexy Thanos' girlfriend version). There's also this gameplay teaser clip which introduces the new Crusader class, new environments, new monsters, and more. Here's part of the announcement: :

In addition to taking the story of Diablo III from the legendary city of Westmarch to the unhallowed halls of the Pandemonium Fortress in Act V and introducing the incorruptible Crusader class, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls increases the game’s level cap to 70. Players continuing on with their existing Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Demon Hunter, Wizard, and Monk characters will benefit from an array of fearsome new spells and abilities as they advance in level.

The expansion also accentuates the key features of the Diablo franchise, with a greater emphasis on randomized environments to explore; epic new quests; horrific new monsters to defeat; and substantial updates to the loot experience, enabling players to further customize their characters with new and improved multilevel Legendary items, new Blacksmith and Jeweler item-crafting options, and more.

Diablo III’s Paragon progression system is also being majorly upgraded for the expansion, adding even more end-game character advancement and replayability. Two new game modes—Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials—are being added as well, providing fun and rewarding challenges for players to tackle when they’re not busy saving the world.

Malthael, the fallen Archangel of Wisdom, returns as the Angel of Death in Diablo III's first expansion set: Reaper of Souls. Having seized the Black Soulstone and slain most of the guards protecting it, it now falls to players to track down Malthael and stop him before he unleashes irreversible havoc on the world. Fortunately, a new hero is ready to join the cause and bring Malthael to justice—the Crusader, a fierce melee warrior whose command of the battlefield is matched only by his unwavering conviction and uncompromising dedication to the Light.

View
62. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 17:10 ItBurn

Krovven wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:59:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:41:
I'm still forced to use the best skills instead of the skills I actually like.

Which is completely false and has always been.

Every class has multiple viable builds.
One look here http://diablo.somepage.com/popular/ proves this, as even the highest percentage is Barbarians (Whirlwind build) sitting at only 6%. Other classes have a lot more variety with builds than the Barbarians and that has more to do with the Barbarians other build options being not very fun to play.

It's too bad people are unimaginative and just use what everyone else tells them "is the best build" or people like you just spouting that there is only 1 good build without actually knowing what they are talking about. There are many YouTube vids out there with very experienced players showing off different builds. And if you actually play with other people, you can change your build(s) around to work very well together, even though they aren't considered the best 'solo' builds. But that requires some people to remove their head from their ass, which is often too much to ask.

I much prefer the D3 skill system over say T2 or PoE, which you pretty much have to know from the start what you are doing. D3 I've changed my skills around often as I levelled up, and still do at level 60 with all classes. I haven't played in awhile, but despite the games other shortcomings, the gameplay kicks the shit out of every other ARPG out there.

Wow you put a shitload of words in my mouth.

I want to use the skills that I want. I don't want to use one of X combos that work. I want to upgrade the skills I want, I want them to become better. I want my decisions to pay off because of good balancing. I hate the D3 system with no skill points. There are many strategies to improve the feeling of "wasting points". Respecking, synergies, having skills trees that are guaranteed to work. If your build is not good enough or if you don't like it, you can start a new character, of the same class, and play it differently. Awesome replayability. In D3, you have a wizard? No reason to play another one.

Edit: also, about your website, these aren't many different builds... It's basically the same build with one skill changed for another.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Aug 21, 08:42 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Ozmodan
  2. Aug 21, 08:52  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Brazor
  3. Aug 21, 08:54   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced nin
  81. Aug 22, 03:19    Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Lord Tea
  82. Aug 22, 03:38     Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Theo
  83. Aug 22, 04:01      Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced InBlack
  84. Aug 22, 06:58       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Theo
  85. Aug 22, 07:43        Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Reactor
  9. Aug 21, 09:24  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Necrophob
  4. Aug 21, 08:54 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Parallax Abstraction
  5. Aug 21, 08:57 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Yakubs
  6. Aug 21, 08:58  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced nin
  8. Aug 21, 09:21   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Julio
  7. Aug 21, 09:19 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Alamar
  10. Aug 21, 09:25 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Verno
  39. Aug 21, 13:12  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Creston
  11. Aug 21, 09:28 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced MattyC
  14. Aug 21, 09:33  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Julio
  17. Aug 21, 09:50   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Frijoles
  30. Aug 21, 11:35  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Ozmodan
  31. Aug 21, 12:07   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Armengar
  32. Aug 21, 12:14    Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Reactor
  34. Aug 21, 12:30     Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Agent.X7
  36. Aug 21, 12:42      Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced El Pit
  37. Aug 21, 12:58       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced ItBurn
  40. Aug 21, 13:39      Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced jdreyer
  45. Aug 21, 14:00       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced PropheT
  55. Aug 21, 16:09        Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced jdreyer
  56. Aug 21, 16:20         Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Fantaz
  80. Aug 21, 21:16         Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Reactor
  33. Aug 21, 12:25    Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced CJ_Parker
  12. Aug 21, 09:32 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced dj LiTh
  13. Aug 21, 09:32 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Pigeon
  15. Aug 21, 09:46 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced ItBurn
  18. Aug 21, 09:53  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Scottish Martial Arts
  16. Aug 21, 09:49 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Optional nickname
  19. Aug 21, 09:59 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Xero
  20. Aug 21, 10:03  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Optional nickname
  35. Aug 21, 12:33   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Beelzebud
  38. Aug 21, 13:10    Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Creston
  21. Aug 21, 10:04 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced avianflu
  22. Aug 21, 10:07 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced HorrorScope
  23. Aug 21, 10:13 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced SirKnight
  24. Aug 21, 10:19  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Necrophob
  25. Aug 21, 10:29 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Xero
  26. Aug 21, 10:58  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced InBlack
  27. Aug 21, 11:11   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Pigeon
  28. Aug 21, 11:11   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced dj LiTh
  29. Aug 21, 11:27   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Necrophob
  41. Aug 21, 13:51 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Sicotic
  42. Aug 21, 13:53  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced nin
  43. Aug 21, 13:55   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Sicotic
  44. Aug 21, 13:55 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Wallshadows
  46. Aug 21, 14:10 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Verno
  51. Aug 21, 15:20  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Necrophob
  53. Aug 21, 15:40   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced FloorPie
  54. Aug 21, 16:08    Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced PropheT
  47. Aug 21, 14:12 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced LesCaster
  48. Aug 21, 14:26 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Cutter
  49. Aug 21, 14:37 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced deqer
  50. Aug 21, 15:16 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Tim Collins
  52. Aug 21, 15:37 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Xero
  57. Aug 21, 16:24 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced RaZ0r!
  58. Aug 21, 16:25  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
  59. Aug 21, 16:41   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced ItBurn
  60. Aug 21, 16:59    Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
>> 62. Aug 21, 17:10     Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced ItBurn
  66. Aug 21, 17:33      Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
  67. Aug 21, 17:38       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced ItBurn
  72. Aug 21, 18:01        Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
  73. Aug 21, 18:09         Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced ItBurn
  90. Sep 3, 14:43       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced RollinThundr
  61. Aug 21, 17:07  Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced MoreLuckThanSkill
  64. Aug 21, 17:24   Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced RaZ0r!
  68. Aug 21, 17:38    Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
  69. Aug 21, 17:42     Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Redmask
  70. Aug 21, 17:50      Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Agent.X7
  74. Aug 21, 18:12       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
  71. Aug 21, 17:53      Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
  75. Aug 21, 18:12       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Redmask
  79. Aug 21, 20:13        Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced PropheT
  86. Aug 22, 08:39     Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Verno
  88. Aug 22, 14:27      Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Krovven
  89. Aug 22, 15:03       Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Verno
  63. Aug 21, 17:20 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Moog
  65. Aug 21, 17:31 Woot! LibertyOrDeath
  76. Aug 21, 18:25 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced LaxerFL
  77. Aug 21, 18:46 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Bhruic
  78. Aug 21, 19:42 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Silicon Avatar
  87. Aug 22, 10:04 Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced ItBurn

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo