Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE: Valkyrie Announced

CCP Games announces Operation Valkyrie is in effect, announcing EVE: Valkyrie, a multiplayer spaceship dogfighting shooter using the EVE Universe, the setting of EVE Online, their hardcore MMORPG. This is to launch next year, and in the meantime, the EVE: Valkyrie website is online, offering a a trailer introducing the project. Here's the announcement:

Cologne, Germany – August 21, 2013 – CCP Games, the leading independent developer of massively multiplayer online games, today announced it has begun development of EVE: Valkyrie, a multiplayer spaceship dogfighting shooter set in the EVE Universe. The game uses virtual reality to give players the sense of being a real pilot in an EVE Online spaceship and will be released in 2014.

EVE: Valkyrie is the evolution of “EVE-VR,” the amazing virtual reality tech demo that debuted at EVE Fanfest 2013 and went on to win numerous awards at E3 2013 — including “Game of E3 2013” by PC Gamer and “Most Innovative” by IGN. The game will be developed at the company’s Newcastle studio.

“From the moment this year’s Fanfest attendees first got their hands on EVE-VR, the question has been, ‘When can I have this?’,” said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. “What started as a passion project by a small, incredibly talented group of CCP developers became one of the most highly anticipated games of the year — before we even announced it. We have big plans for EVE: Valkyrie and I can’t wait to share more details later this year.”

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 22, 2013, 11:45 Drayth

This was shown off as a little project they had thrown together for the OR at the last Eve convention, so I don't see why this wouldn't be in game footage.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 22, 2013, 00:22 jdreyer

Wildone wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 19:04:
Too bad it wont look anything like this video lOL fail

I don't see why it wouldn't.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

9. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 19:04 Wildone

Too bad it wont look anything like this video lOL fail  

8. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 17:55 Ceribaen

jdreyer wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:45:
Yeah, it all depends on how they make it. Will it be an arcade shooter? Will it have sim aspects to it? Will it be multiplayer only? Will there by some kind of campaign? Etc. Etc.

What made EVE VR so compelling wasn't the game itself but playing it with the Oculus.

Here's hoping it's mostly arcade with a few sim elements (ie XvT)... that's what's missing for these space shooters. Most of them I believe are going the heavy sim route - but I just really want enough that maybe I need to think about flipping shields forward/back and some simplified energy management, so that way there's a bit of depth to the game but it's not like you need to know how to in order to start playing.

Some solo/co-op campaigns, and of course team deathmatches... and I'm sold.

7. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 13:45 jdreyer

Yeah, it all depends on how they make it. Will it be an arcade shooter? Will it have sim aspects to it? Will it be multiplayer only? Will there by some kind of campaign? Etc. Etc.

What made EVE VR so compelling wasn't the game itself but playing it with the Oculus.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 13:38 NegaDeath

Star Citizen, X:Rebirth and now this all coming out in a relatively short period.

*hugs PC* I wuv you.

5. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 13:10 commonperson

This interests me far more than Dust. Could be fun, I hope those of us who don't have money for an Occulus Rift can play it on our old fashioned monitors.  

4. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 13:01 NeOCidE

This could be Oculus Rift' killer app.
Very pumped for this.

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

3. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 09:05 Doma

Hell yeah!

Having tried the Oculus Rift development kit and being a huge fan of EvE-Online, this is perfect!

Cant wait to play this and Star Citizen and all the other goodies coming out for the Oculus.

Fun times ahead!

2. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 08:50 SpectralMeat

Funny how many space games are coming out in a relatively same time period.
This one looks great but we will see how the actual game will play.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Announced Aug 21, 2013, 08:45 Ozmodan

After the horrible design of Dust, CCP should stick to Eve.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo