Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rayman Legends Demo

Steam now offers a playable demo for Rayman Legends, the upcoming continuation of this platformer series. This is unmentioned on the Steam demos page, and there's no word on what content the demo provides. Thanks DSoGaming.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 23, 2013, 00:58 Towyn

I can only speak for the Steam-Demo, that actually required you to "link" it to your UPlay account as well, which was kinda silly, but really... for that game I don't mind that little launcher by now, the game really feels worth it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 22, 2013, 19:44 ViRGE

I for one am definitely looking forward to the full version of Rayman Legends. Origins was an absolutely fantastic game - the best 2D platformer in at least a decade - so I'm excited to see what they have learned from Origins and if they can further tighten things up. The new kids need to be reminded as to why 2D platformers are so awesome.

NotOneOfUs wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:43:
A game that's a multiplatform sequel getting a demo on the PC a week before release? What is this, the 90s?
Ubisoft has handled Rayman very differently from their usual AAA titles. The PC version of Origins, though not concurrent with the console release, was released completely without DRM. I'm still waiting to see if they do the same thing on Legends.

If there's no Uplay I may have to adjust my Hate Meter for Ubisoft. Weird.
Funny enough this demo was already on Uplay last week. However it wasn't listed on their website, so if you didn't know where to look you would never find it.

3. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 22, 2013, 13:01 Snabel

I very much doubt that UPlay is actually making them any money though.
A small group of people actively avoid their games to not have to deal with the hassle that is UPlay. Some avoid it for its atrocious security record. The rest simply do not care either way, other than the fact that 's very annoying to have your game have other requirements than steam, which if its on steam, it really shouldnt...

2. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 21, 2013, 18:13 Towyn

There is UPlay, but the truth is... that game already looks like so much fun, play the demo, love it. I hate to admit it, and I really hate to, but Ubisoft is starting to be a better company. Sure, they still milk dry franchises, but then they need to make money too... With stuff like old-school-2D-Jump&Run and old-school-turn-based-first-person-RPG-revivals like that... They can keep going.  

1. Re: Rayman Legends Demo Aug 21, 2013, 14:43 NotOneOfUs

A game that's a multiplatform sequel getting a demo on the PC a week before release? What is this, the 90s?

If there's no Uplay I may have to adjust my Hate Meter for Ubisoft. Weird.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo