Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Titanfall Gameplay Trailer

The Titanfall website now offers the Gamescom trailer from Titanfall, showing off gameplay from the upcoming mech combat game. The clip shows off the game's Attrition mode on a map called Angel City.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 22, 2013, 00:34 dj LiTh

Fantaz wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 15:40:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:34:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 09:15:
Pretty standard FPS with mechs? Liked the ejection move the player did towards the end. Looks dated graphically. Unlike the rest of Bluesnews I won't be buying a Xbone or PS4 but I cannot wait for their arrival so PC exclusive players like myself can finally get some ports that actually live up to PC hardware.

I'm not getting a ps4/xb1 either, but this is coming to windows as well. Also as for dated graphics, its prolly cause its made with the source engine, although for me gameplay trumps graphics any day of the week.

Titanfall is made with the Source engine?! are you serious? you mean like an updated version of it at least?

Well i'm sure they updated whatever they could, but ya its source engine. Looks excellent for source engine, i'm in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 20:44 Sepharo

Excited for this.

I'm a weirdo though because my #1 selling point is that it's using the source engine. That engine has been my second reality for over a decade now so it just feels right. Not that this is guaranteed to feel right but other drastically different games I've played on the engine have a certain feel tying them together in my opinion. I really dislike the word tying for some reason. Tieing feels better to me, seems like many -ie words have archaic forms that didn't involve the 'y' like, hie, vie, die, lie /secret ramble

16. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 19:42 wraithnix

Looks like kind of a spiritual successor to Shogo, only with less of an anime theme. Shogo's one of my favorite games of all time, so that's a good thing, at least it is to me.  

15. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 15:40 Fantaz

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:34:
Pretty standard FPS with mechs? Liked the ejection move the player did towards the end. Looks dated graphically. Unlike the rest of Bluesnews I won't be buying a Xbone or PS4 but I cannot wait for their arrival so PC exclusive players like myself can finally get some ports that actually live up to PC hardware.

I'm not getting a ps4/xb1 either, but this is coming to windows as well. Also as for dated graphics, its prolly cause its made with the source engine, although for me gameplay trumps graphics any day of the week.

Titanfall is made with the Source engine?! are you serious? you mean like an updated version of it at least?

14. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 14:34 dj LiTh

13. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 12:42 Verno

I thought it looked alright, I might pick it up.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

12. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 09:46 Fletch

Sigh... still waiting for a good mech game with a single-player campaign. This looks like Shogo for consoles. While I dug Shogo, it never felt like you were in a large, lumbering Mech like in the MechWarrior games. It felt like a suit. No sense of scale when you were in the mech. This looks the same to me, and hardly qualifies as a "mech" game. And the running-on-walls parkour shit doesn't do a thing for me, and decreases the appeal of multi-player in a tactical sense. May as well be playing Tribes.

I just want an updated SP MechWarrior. Screw it. Just bought a new TM HOTAS. Maybe I'll just install MW4.

11. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 09:38 Jackplug

It annoys me that ppl are more interested in gfx than gameplay, so what if the gfx are dated as long as it has great gameplay and this looks like it has that.  

10. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 09:15 Dmitri_M

9. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 08:26 John

DangerDog wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 03:56:
What else do you do in the game? I mean it looks good but if it's just deathmatch against stompy mechs and grunts that'll get old pretty quick.
Yeah, it looks cool but I don't do MP-only games.. Maybe they'll have a SP campaign version of the game later.

This space is available for rent

8. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 06:48 Fantaz

DangerDog wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 03:56:
What else do you do in the game? I mean it looks good but if it's just deathmatch against stompy mechs and grunts that'll get old pretty quick.

did BF2 get old pretty quick? i mean you had planes and vehicles, but it was also multiplayer combat only with no story.

7. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 03:56 DangerDog

6. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 01:58 Jerykk

The whole SP integration thing looks like it would get old real quick. I don't want to watch cutscenes, sit through scripted events or listen to NPC banter while I'm playing a multiplayer game.  

5. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 23:29 Beamer

Ahahahaha.

A lot of us said in the past we wanted a CoD: Future Warfare.
Well, we got it. Clearly MWish, but actually advancing, changing, and seemingly innovating.

Want it!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 22:52 SpectralMeat

This looks awesome.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 21:59 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wtf, that looks awesome. Although the mechs seem pretty easily destroyed by random jetpack infantry with missile launchers... I can see it being pretty easy for a few guys with rpgs and some teamwork to blow up peoples' mechs from all the cover/buildings.

I'll definitely check this out when it hits retail.

*EDIT* Grammar.

2. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 21:51 Slick

best looking game gameplay-wise i've seen so far, at least for my FPS tastes... bring back more mobility damnit!  

You've been slicked. Wash up. -nin

1. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 21:25 dj LiTh

That looks pretty damn good, looking forward to this one  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo