Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Gamescom 2013 gets underway tomorrow, and opens to the public on Thursday, but apparently some of the opening shots for this will be fired later today.

We were having some oddness lately on our Twitter feed, which is basically our headlines, minus the bulleted roundup posts. Apart from the outage when they recently updated APIs this had been running pretty smoothly, but recently the feed stopped picking up most of our updates. Frans got everything up on a lift and figured out this was because I had unexpectedly started using a different feature within Blammo that wasn't making nice with our Twitter integration. Now that I'm aware of what not to do this is working fine again, so huzzah and kudos to Frans for figuring out what was wrong, and apologies for the outage.

Tweety Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Vault Runner.
Da Vinci Cannon 3.
Links: Twohy, Diesel Talk Future "Riddick" Films. When does the Fast Five tie-in start?
Stories: Dick Van Dyke "Fine" After Car Catches Fire.
Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan: 'How long can anyone stay at the top?'
Science: Fungus and bacteria play game theory to make biofuels.
Images: 36 Landscapes That Prove That Video Games Are Art. Same proof for vans.
Media: The Kids' Guide to the Internet. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
"Samir, Please!". Thanks nin.
Ozell Williams. Crazy jumping skills. Thanks reddit.
This is what it looks like when a building implodes.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 20:32 Sepharo

What makes you think "Samir Please" is fake? Seems like a really odd thing to fake. I'd seen a longer one before, this one has been edited down more.

Here's the youtube description:
"The video was taken during the 2013 Rally of Coimbatore, part of the Indian National Rally Championship, on-board the Mitsubishi Evo 10 driven by Samir Thapar and co-driven by Vivek Ponnusamy. The full length version is spread over 3 separate videos and 40 odd minutes and it has been edited into this 3:50 laughter filled-clip."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 11:40 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 08:53:
Also, to any spambots reading this thread, when you title the email "Guild Wars Account Will Be Shut Down Inform", I get the distinct vibe it may not be legit.

When scammers learn to write actual fucking English, we're all in trouble.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 09:35 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 02:33:
Was hoping for some SR4 impressions.....thought everyone was gung ho about it - but not many people have it I guess?

Waiting til its cheaper, like you I am a bit cautious with so many reused assets and the weird premise of the game.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 08:53 nin

Also, to any spambots reading this thread, when you title the email "Guild Wars Account Will Be Shut Down Inform", I get the distinct vibe it may not be legit.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 08:48 nin

Was hoping for some SR4 impressions.....thought everyone was gung ho about it - but not many people have it I guess?

Played for about an hour last night. Was a little on the fence until the super power showed up, and then it took off. Definitely has a Matrix vibe, so far.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 06:20 Fantaz

wow, I don't remember Morrowind looking that good like in that game art article there.

I'd rather spend my money on GTA5 rather than SR4... even though SR4 became an alien shooter instead of a gangster game now.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2013, 02:33 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 21:59 Creston

mag wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 21:31:
Creston wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 16:35:
Samir please is hilarious. Fake as hell, but hilarious.

TRIPLE CAUTION! SAMIR, CONCENTRATE PLEASE! YOU WILL WRECK THE CAR!

"Crazy Driving Test?" Oh, FFS. I could not care less about motorsports, and even I knew that was... whatchamacallit. Some sort of rally thing.

Yeah, it's a rally stage, but even so I'm pretty sure the voiceovers are staged.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 21:31 mag

"Crazy Driving Test?" Oh, FFS. I could not care less about motorsports, and even I knew that was... whatchamacallit. Some sort of rally thing.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 18:21 Prez

Cutter wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 18:16:
Yo mofos! Just checked my Wishlist on Steam - as I regularly do - and see that Of Orcs and Men is 75% off so it's $7.50 atm - and that's what I've been waiting for.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up - been interested in that one myself.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 18:21 Agent.X7

Prez wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 17:07:
Twohy pissed me off with the second Riddick movie so bad I don't want to see another. I love the Riddick character, and Diesel played him perfectly in Pitch Black (a movie which I absolutely loved), then he had to go and get all stupid in Chronicles of Riddick. The whole movie should have been like the chase with Tooms and awesome prison escape on the incinerator planet, but instead we got some ridiculously stupid story about prophecies and chosen ones and destinies and world-ending baddies that only our hero can stop, blah blah blah. Blech! Just give me another game like Escape from Butcher Bay instead.

Really loved Pitch Black, and Chronicles was OK. Yeah, Vin threw in too much D&D stuff to make it as gritty and good as the first. I have high hopes for Riddick. Maybe this is one of those movie series where every other entry is weaker.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 18:16 Cutter

Yo mofos! Just checked my Wishlist on Steam - as I regularly do - and see that Of Orcs and Men is 75% off so it's $7.50 atm - and that's what I've been waiting for.

edit: There's a few other decent sales in the specials list that didn't make the front page so you may want to have a lookie-loo.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2013, 18:37.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 17:07 Prez

Twohy pissed me off with the second Riddick movie so bad I don't want to see another. I love the Riddick character, and Diesel played him perfectly in Pitch Black (a movie which I absolutely loved), then he had to go and get all stupid in Chronicles of Riddick. The whole movie should have been like the chase with Tooms and awesome prison escape on the incinerator planet, but instead we got some ridiculously stupid story about prophecies and chosen ones and destinies and world-ending baddies that only our hero can stop, blah blah blah. Blech! Just give me another game like Escape from Butcher Bay instead.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 16:51 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 16:47:

LISTEN TO MY CALLLS!!!!!!

"shut the hell up"

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 16:47 nin

LISTEN TO MY CALLLS!!!!!!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 16:35 Creston

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 16:32 Julio

mch wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:06:
I was mostly referring to the audio-only voiceover quotes they were playing, and the absolutely silent presentation of the UI they did with guy-on-recliner-saying-nothing-onstage. That took about 15 minutes...

I stopped watching after they got partway through Vita, the recaps were way faster to read after. Late start, bizarre guy-on-recliner, PS3 next (which is the least exciting stuff), Vita after that (one game looked good)...just way too boring.

19. Re: : 36 Landscapes That Prove That Video Games Are Art Aug 20, 2013, 15:13 The Half Elf

Enahs wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 13:52:
Re:: 36 Landscapes That Prove That Video Games Are Art

Just take a look at any landscapes, or pretty much anything from Syberia 1/2 (yes, with a y), and tell me SOME video games are not art.

The problem is quite a few of those are artwork/concept art, and not ingame screenshots.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 14:36 Agent.X7

nin wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:32:
Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:32:
nin wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:31:

15 november!

You had a window open just waiting to type that, didn't you?

Perhaps. I initially had "October" typed.

Yeah, I was hoping that too.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2013, 14:32 nin

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:32:
nin wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 14:31:

15 november!

You had a window open just waiting to type that, didn't you?

Perhaps. I initially had "October" typed.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo