Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access

Ubisoft announces early access is now underway for Might & Magic X Legacy through Uplay and Steam. Here's the deal:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA. — August 19th 2013 — Today, Ubisoft announced Early Access for Might & Magic® X Legacy. For all pre-purchases of the game’s Deluxe Edition, players can now exclusively play the entire first Act of Might & Magic® X Legacy prior to the full game release and enjoy numerous exclusive benefits and features. This Deluxe Edition is available digitally on uPlay and Steam, and on retail via uPlay only.

Might & Magic® X Legacy is a video game project that initiates a process of cooperation between developers and gamers. As players will get access to a game still in development, they will be able to give their feedback so developers can deliver the best game possible. Early Access’s main objectives are to give players a first glimpse of the project and let them participate easily in its development.

The Open Development launch earlier this summer is also part of this early access process, which allows the development team to share its passion for the Might & Magic brand. The Open Dev Blog is the platform allowing Might & Magic® X Legacy enthusiasts to participate in the game’s development. Feedback from the community has already been taken into account, with features being added to the game based on community involvement.

Might & Magic® X Legacy is developed by Limbic Entertainment, an independent game development studio based in Germany and a third party developer for Ubisoft for around four years.

Might & Magic® X Legacy is an authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre, with a turn-based gameplay system. By creating and leading a group of adventurers in and around the exciting city of Karthal, by battling powerful mythical creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures, players will determine the fate of the Agyn Peninsula.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 20, 2013, 04:01 Julio

Strange that the video didn't look like turn based combat. Tough choice though, Uplay (rootkit) or Steam DRM...ugh.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 20, 2013, 02:16 Flo

I bought it yesterday and played maybe two hours. I like it. It has a clean UI, and serviceable graphics. The overworld feels a bit static (how it was back in the day) if you are used to Skyrim-quality open world gameplay. The first dungeon ("I'm not gonna send you to kill rats....I'm gonna send you to kill SPIDERS!") was very nice and I like the monster animations and the combat in general. Did not notice any serious bugs although I could have sworn that some of my hot key actions were wiped from the quick bar (go to the skill page and drag the attack / ranged attack / defend actions back there).
Framerate was OK on full HD on my Alienware m14x. Looking forward to playing more tonight.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

8. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 20, 2013, 00:06 Axis

So many hours on my amiga playing M&M, especially up to xeens. Still not gonna get this for early access unless I see something other than single player, no reason to spoil it early.  

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 23:15 Alamar

Soooo I pretty much have to get this... Considering the name and all... Though maybe not yet, or for early access...

Also, for those interested in gameplay, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gPZiFUreEk

I'm happy to see the turn based combat is not crazy slow, but it's a bit hectic until you're used to it.

-Alamar

6. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 22:54 JohnBirshire

Some games work out okay as early releases, such as multiplayer games where you can interact with other players while you play randomly added content, but I just don't see how or why you'd want to play an early release version of a single player RPG.  

5. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 22:37 Cutter

I'm a sucker for all things M&M but Ima take a wait and see approach on this one.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 21:48 PropheT

I want this badly, but there's no way I'll pay $29 for an early access game. I really hate the idea of paying to beta test someone's game in the first place, and when there's no chance of getting a refund if it turns out to be something you have no interest in... not to mention the reduced incentive to actually complete the damn thing properly since they already have your money to begin with.

On the other hand, I guess it's refreshing to see game companies releasing stuff that they can actually admit isn't done yet

3. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 21:36 Asmo

What? NO! I have too many fucking games already and still the awesome keeps coming... WHY?!?!?!  

2. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 21:23 tony

Please don't suck please don't suck please don't suck  

1. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Early Access Aug 19, 2013, 21:10 HorrorScope

Walks at a very brisk pace towards steam...  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo