Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount

Frictional Games announces Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will be released on September 10th for Windows, OS X, and Linux, offering another survival/horror experience using the same setting as Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Here's word:

From the creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Dear Esther comes a new first-person horror game that will drag you to the depths of greed, power and madness. It will bury its snout into your ribs and it will eat your heart. Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is survival–horror at its most unsettling; helpless and alone, no weapons to soothe your nerves, and the dim light of your lantern to offer any comfort.

For Windows, Mac, and Linux, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is available for $15.99 ($19.99 regularly) at these digital distributors:
Steam
GOG
Humble Store
Gamefly
GamersGate
Desura
Mac Game Store

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs' narrative-driven horror, free of combat and complex puzzles, instead encourages players to entrench themselves in the world, be consumed by its ambiance, and run for their lives. More info:
http://aamfp.com/

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 20, 2013, 13:12 MajorD

Does anyone know if this will go retail, or is going to just digital distribution?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 20, 2013, 08:41 jomisab

Sepharo wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 23:27:
Is this the first preorders have been available? I have a suspicion that I already bought this and forgot.

Bought it on Steam a few days ago, actually.

6. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 20, 2013, 03:29 Jerykk

Pretty sure this is the first time it's been available for pre-order.

If you do pre-order, you should get it from the Humble Store. Not only do you get both a DRM-free copy and Steam key, but the devs get 95% of the revenue, as opposed to the 70% offered by other distributors.

That said, pre-ordering the game on Steam raises its position on the charts, increasing awareness and making other people more likely to buy it too. The guy who made Gunpoint actually requested that people buy his game on Steam instead of directly from him for this very reason.

5. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 23:27 Sepharo

Is this the first preorders have been available? I have a suspicion that I already bought this and forgot.  

4. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 23:27 ItBurn

Jerykk wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 23:24:
ItBurn wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:42:
I super-loved Amnesia, but I have no interest in this one... They need to get a hold of my interest...

So... why do you have no interest in this one if you loved the first one..?

I don't know. I guess I was left fully satisfied. I mean, I understood all the mechanics and illusions. Maybe if this one has enough new things I could get excited, but from the previous trailer I saw, it looked like exactly the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely look at this one closely, but I just not excited :p

edit: using right words

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2013, 23:52.

3. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 23:24 Jerykk

ItBurn wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:42:
I super-loved Amnesia, but I have no interest in this one... They need to get a hold of my interest...

So... why do you have no interest in this one if you loved the first one..?

2. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 22:49 Cutter

"That all rather depends, Professor, on what one considers to be a pig."

Love...it!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month; Preorder Discount Aug 19, 2013, 22:42 ItBurn

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo