Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer

A launch trailer for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified paves the way for tomorrow's North American launch of the tactical shooter based on the XCOM series.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Oct 8, 2013, 16:22 RollinThundr

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 21:18:
Funny how the 4.5 out of 10 Jim Sterling review (PC version) was pulled from the web quickly after it was released.

In case anyone interested: http://i3.minus.com/iezd9zrPOYkAD.png

To be honest though it just sounded like he doesn't like these kind of games the begin with.

Sterling lowballed Beyond Two Souls today as well, and it sounded like he has more issue with the game's director than the game itself. It's pretty apparent there's little integrity with game reviewers/writers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 06:34 SpectralMeat

Jerykk wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 23:31:
For what it's worth, Sterling gave Witcher 2 a 6/10 so his taste isn't exactly impeccable.
and a 2.5 for Aliens Colonial Marines
I agree taste has to do with it, but the things he brought up in his review as negatives would probably bother me in the game also.

The game just looks kind of shallow for the full retail price tbh.
I'll see what TotalBiscuit thinks of it, but I doubt I will bother with this until it goes on sale during Christmas.

In other news Tom Clancy’s The Division is coming to PC !! Yes!
http://youtu.be/3F-Xu1S9wv0

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 20, 2013, 03:34 InBlack

Jerykk wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 23:31:
For what it's worth, Sterling gave Witcher 2 a 6/10 so his taste isn't exactly impeccable.

Still, a bit worrying that the review embargo doesn't lift until tomorrow. You can get the game for $30 at Amazon right now and if the game had gotten solid reviews before launch, I would have pre-ordered it. As it stands now, I won't buy the game until it drops to $30 again (which likely won't be for a month or two) even if it ends up getting good scores.

I would beg to differ, there are plenty of people who dislike the Witcher franchise for a number of reasons (myself included) and yet love RPGs. Thats not the point anyway, the point being that regardless of his preferences he is entitled to his opinion and people appreciate honesty. Censorship should never be condoned. Ever. Especially when its purpose is to quell dissent and differing opinion, for whatever reason and especially if that reason is money.

This game deserves to fail and fail hard.

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 23:31 Jerykk

Still, a bit worrying that the review embargo doesn't lift until tomorrow. You can get the game for $30 at Amazon right now and if the game had gotten solid reviews before launch, I would have pre-ordered it. As it stands now, I won't buy the game until it drops to $30 again (which likely won't be for a month or two) even if it ends up getting good scores.

6. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 23:05 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:53:
Ad just over 4 hours long? Double wow. This was looking like bargain bin material from the get go, and now we know!

The review says 8 hours long, but ya thats still pretty much nothing, especially for a full priced game.

5. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 22:58 JohnBirshire

From my experience EVERY game/movie/book that has banned early reviews has turned out to be terrible. Won't be surprised to wake up tomorrow to see this game being torn apart by reviewers.  

4. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 22:53 Cutter

Ad just over 4 hours long? Double wow. This was looking like bargain bin material from the get go, and now we know!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 22:27 MoreLuckThanSkill

Sigh, it's so sad that even in the relatively care free(I assume) arena of game critics, people either bow to pressure or the higher ups remove negative reviews.

It has happened before, but seriously, is this humanity? Even when something so inconsequential as an HONEST game review gets posted, does some corporation have to flex their muscle so much that it immediately gets retracted? Or Sterling's boss was so worried before he/she even got the angry phone call that it was pulled preemptively?

For the record, 3 man squads are a joke, hope this game fails.

ps. Get busy playing all your GFWL steam sale titles before July 1st!

*EDIT* Grammar.

2. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 21:24 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 21:18:
Funny how the 4.5 out of 10 Jim Sterling review (PC version) was pulled from the web quickly after it was released.

To be honest though it just sounded like he doesn't like these kind of games the begin with.

Wow!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Launch Trailer Aug 19, 2013, 21:18 SpectralMeat

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2013, 21:26.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo