Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0

The Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator website offers a new version 2.0 of this spaceship bridge simulator for networked Windows computers. Here's word:

Artemis ships play in real 3D now, with climb/dive controls (button, keyboard, and joystick). Players can fly OVER a black hole, and come up underneath enemies.

The UI art has been completely revamped, new crisper fonts, custom screen controls torpedo controls, and significant changes to every game screen.

Artemis 2.0 can now support up to eight simultaneous bridges, which means up to 48 players. Multi-ship games got special attention during the development, with known bugs fixed and a lot of UI changes.

By popular request, there is now a full-fledged Player Versus Player mode, where any number of sides and teams can battle each other in arena sectors that can be tuned to limit torpedo and ship types, as well as the number of NPC ships on each side.

Four new NPC non-combatant ships now ply the spacelanes, offering many new scenarios for Artemis crews. These ships can be broken down, hijacked, blinded, held hostage, and more.

Proper pathmaking AI has been added to all NPC ships. No longer can players rely on the stupidity of enemies that blunder into black holes and minefields.

The Skaraan enemy race has always bedeviled Artemis players with cloaking, warping, and other special abilities. Now the number of these abilities have doubled, including tractor beams and drone launchers.

A mysterious new race was introduced. The BioMechs. These ships aren't normally antagonistic, and just drive around mining asteroids (and occasionally anomalies). They'll attack if a ship gets too close, though, and if anything hurts them they will become aggressive as a group. They come in four types, and if left to themselves, they will eat and "evolve" into the next type. The final type (known only as type 4) can be communicated with. If the group is in aggressive mode, the Comms Officer can talk to them repeatedly and calm them down, at least until the next time something shoots at them.

As with any major release, there are also many, many adjustments, bug fixes and corrections, thanks to the feedback from the enthusiastic players of the game.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 20, 2013, 00:42 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 23:51:
Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:56:
Haha nerds!
You say that like it's a bad thing...

Well, there are degrees and degrees, man. Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 23:51 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:56:
Haha nerds!
You say that like it's a bad thing...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 23:26 dj LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 21:53:
Yeah, I'd definitely be playing this if I were single. And no kids.

I thought about buying an Uhura outfit for the wife and making her my comm. officer....but then again i dont want a divorce..

5. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 22:56 Cutter

Haha nerds!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 21:53 jdreyer

Yeah, I'd definitely be playing this if I were single. And no kids.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 21:30 SlimRam

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 21:07:
Flying over black holes is a very bad idea

Spaghettification

In fact a VERY bad idea, unless you just really feel like having Italian...

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

2. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 21:07 eRe4s3r

Flying over black holes is a very bad idea  

1. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Version 2.0 Aug 19, 2013, 21:05 ViRGE

I love the concept of Artemis. The problem is that it's hard to find enough people as nerdy as me to play it locally.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo