Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 18:45  Blue 

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:29:
Blue the comment was about the news story link about Patton Oswald and how big a liberal troll he is, which he seems to self admittedly be to begin with thinking he's some great comedian or something. The guy isn't funny, and half the shit that comes out of his mouth people would cry holy hell if a known republican personality made them.

I'm not sure what the 911 call you're talking about is to be honest.

Edit: you were referring to a different news post. That you removed comments in anyway, not just mine, which is funny considering it's always the conservative view point that seems to get deleted around here.

Indeed, the comment I referred to was the last one of yours that was deleted. And there were posts from both sides of the aisle deleted from that thread. Your post here sits as it was made... no need to explain it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:56 Verno

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:50:
Sure Verno, but you also handle things a hell of alot more graceful than I do more often than not and are more selective in how you say things. I admit, I'm not the most graceful and have a habit of easily getting annoyed at certain ideology fueled type comments.

You make the comments quite frequently yourself so you should understand where they are coming from and be tolerant of other opinions instead of close minded and insulting. Accept responsibility and move on. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. I'm not trying to be a dick here but you keep dodging it instead of just apologizing and moving on which is the mature and proper way to handle it if you want to keep hanging around IMHO.

I sincerely hope you decide to change and don't get banned as a result of silly behavior that is easily avoided. Good luck.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

10. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:50 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:45:
I am fairly conservative and I rarely find my views unjustly maligned here nor do I find any liberal bias or something. You don't just want to take responsibility for your actions. You keep arriving at the same point because you are causing the problem, not Blue or anyone else.

If the 75+ nuked posts in your history weren't a good enough teacher then at least 2 literal explanations of it from the site owner should be. If this place is so unfair and such a liberal stronghold then I'm sure you can find other accommodations more to your liking easily enough, this is the internet after all.

Sure Verno, but you also handle things a hell of alot more graceful than I do more often than not and are more selective in how you say things. I admit, I'm not the most graceful and have a habit of easily getting annoyed at certain ideology fueled type comments.

9. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:45 Verno

I am fairly conservative and I rarely find my views unjustly maligned here nor do I find any liberal bias or something. You don't just want to take responsibility for your actions. You keep arriving at the same point because you are causing the problem, not Blue or anyone else.

If the 75+ nuked posts in your history weren't a good enough teacher then at least 2 literal explanations of it from the site owner should be. If this place is so unfair and such a liberal stronghold then I'm sure you can find other accommodations more to your liking easily enough, this is the internet after all.

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:29 RollinThundr

Blue wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:14:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:49:
Seriously, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion different than others, but if all one gets is toxic, why should they be nice in return?

You are encouraged to express your opinions here, that is the point. The point that I and others, including Verno's post here, have made is that you are pushing an agenda. If you think the point is "Not be a democrat? OMG You're SO HATEFUL AND RACIST!" you are missing it entirely. People have made 911 calls over nonsense for decades. You taking a story about that to express the opinion that this is entitlement based on the current administration is just the latest in countless examples of you derailing a thread.

If you get banned from here, it will not be due to your political leanings, it will be for using them to troll for controversy where none exists.

Since you've now tasked me with laying this out for you in explicit detail AGAIN, you can consider this your final warning on the topic. I hope that suffices to put an end to this.

Blue the comment was about the news story link about Patton Oswald and how big a liberal troll he is, which he seems to self admittedly be to begin with thinking he's some great comedian or something. The guy isn't funny, and half the shit that comes out of his mouth people would cry holy hell if a known republican personality made them.

I'm not sure what the 911 call you're talking about is to be honest.

Edit: you were referring to a different news post. That you removed comments in anyway, not just mine, which is funny considering it's always the conservative view point that seems to get deleted around here.

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:21 Verno

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:14  Blue 

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:49:
Seriously, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion different than others, but if all one gets is toxic, why should they be nice in return?

You are encouraged to express your opinions here, that is the point. The point that I and others, including Verno's post here, have made is that you are pushing an agenda. If you think the point is "Not be a democrat? OMG You're SO HATEFUL AND RACIST!" you are missing it entirely. People have made 911 calls over nonsense for decades. You taking a story about that to express the opinion that this is entitlement based on the current administration is just the latest in countless examples of you derailing a thread.

If you get banned from here, it will not be due to your political leanings, it will be for using them to troll for controversy where none exists.

Since you've now tasked me with laying this out for you in explicit detail AGAIN, you can consider this your final warning on the topic. I hope that suffices to put an end to this.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 13:49 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:22:
There's a difference between having opinions and pushing an agenda so obsessively that it pisses people off. I'm not sure insulting the website you visit every day is something you fully thought about either. If it's so bad you wouldn't be here and frankly you're lucky Blue is so patient in general, many other websites would have banned you long ago for the constant nonsense. Might want to show a little bit of respect for the services you've used for free this long.

To be fair, I have a ton of respect for Blue and what he's done here for the past decade plus in providing a great gaming news site.

However, the community here, myself included in some comments, because I'll be the first to admit I don't bite my tongue one bit on alot of topics, is fairly toxic, you can't seem to have an opinion on this site without name calling, or snark that doesn't follow the status quo mob mentality.

Say something decent about EA? You're a shill! BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!
Not be a democrat? OMG You're SO HATEFUL AND RACIST!
Make a comment about the rising amount of LGBT attention seeking as of late in the game industry in general? OMG YOU MUST HATE THE GAYS!!!

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 13:22 Verno

There's a difference between having opinions and pushing an agenda so obsessively that it pisses people off. I'm not sure insulting the website you visit every day is something you fully thought about either. If it's so bad you wouldn't be here and frankly you're lucky Blue is so patient in general, many other websites would have banned you long ago for the constant nonsense. Might want to show a little bit of respect for the services you've used for free this long.  

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 13:04 RollinThundr

Blue wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 11:53:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 11:03:
Patton Oswalt, another run of the mill accept my views or you're a racist type of democrat/liberal. Do they ever get tired of playing the race/discrimination card ever?

It would seem some of you never tire of that. But I am tiring of it. Consider that a general warning.

Truth hurts eh? Ban away, most of the people here don't actually want to discuss anything anyway be it politics or the games industry in general, too busy trolling each other and hating on every game that comes out under the sun just for the hell of it to begin with.

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 11:53  Blue 

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 11:03:
Patton Oswalt, another run of the mill accept my views or you're a racist type of democrat/liberal. Do they ever get tired of playing the race/discrimination card ever?

It would seem some of you never tire of that. But I am tiring of it. Consider that a general warning.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 11:03 RollinThundr

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo