Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned

Speaking during a recent Team Fortress 2 livestream, Minecraft originator Markus "Notch" Persson reveals that at this point Mojang has no further plans to develop 0x10c, their planned sandbox space simulation game, saying "Iím just going to be working on small games for the rest of my life." The game's subreddit points to a Project Trillek subreddit, home to an effort to pick up the mantle of the game to release as a community project called Project Trillek, and USgamer has quotes from the developers on their ambitions. Thanks PC Gamer.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 20, 2013, 02:14 OldTimber

Meh no loss, looked at minecraft and went seriously people get worked up over this? No thanks don't care to go back to the 80's look of games as i had enough of them the first time around.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 20:24 ViRGE

ItBurn wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 09:51:
That sucks, I was looking forward to it. What does he mean by "small games"?
Something he can develop on his own in the span of a couple of months. Longer than his recent 7 day game dev stint, but not nearly as long as it would take to develop something like Minecraft or 0x10c.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2013, 16:40 Rigs

Hellbinder wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 15:26:
Wildone wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 15:02:
Good thing bcus XRebirth and Star Citizen would rape that game.

you cant even compare these games. your post makes no sense at all.

Good thing pac-man inst out because Skyrim will rape its round ass.

yeah that makes as much sense as what you posted. every game has its own quality and its own merit based on its own brand of fun.
Parias wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 16:14:

This is a horrible post and you should feel bad.

Why can't we enjoy all three games? This mentality is why I loathe the CoD/Halo communities.

*slowly closes door and tiptoes away...* Vanish

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

16. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 16:14 Parias

This is a horrible post and you should feel bad.

Why can't we enjoy all three games? This mentality is why I loathe the CoD/Halo communities.

15. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 15:26 Hellbinder

you cant even compare these games. your post makes no sense at all.

Good thing pac-man inst out because Skyrim will rape its round ass.

yeah that makes as much sense as what you posted. every game has its own quality and its own merit based on its own brand of fun.

The Whales name is Bob.

14. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 15:02 Wildone

13. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 14:08 El Pit

0x10c in Carbonite

Notch should have paid Jabba when he had the chance.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

12. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 12:47 jdreyer

Parias wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:07:
Disappointing to hear - I was really looking forward to giving this a spin.

Ditto

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 11:47 ItBurn

LesCaster wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:42:
Dagnamit wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 11:20:
in other news, games that involve programming computers might only be fun for computer programmers...

Really?

So, games that involve warfare might only be fun to military personnel?
Games that involve racing might only be fun for race car drivers?
Games that involve city building might only be fun for civil engineers?

I'm noticing a problem with your assumptions.

I agree that programming-lite can be fun for everyone, but honestly, nowadays, having two different directions you can walk to is too complex for most gamers :p

10. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 11:46 Sepharo

in other news, games that involve programming computers might only be fun for computer programmers...

That may be, but damn I was thinking it was going to be fun.
Disappointed.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2013, 12:00.

9. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 11:42 LesCaster

Really?

So, games that involve warfare might only be fun to military personnel?
Games that involve racing might only be fun for race car drivers?
Games that involve city building might only be fun for civil engineers?

I'm noticing a problem with your assumptions.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

8. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 11:20 Dagnamit

7. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 11:07 Parias

Disappointing to hear - I was really looking forward to giving this a spin.  

6. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 10:57 ItBurn

Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 10:55:
That sucks, I was looking forward to it. What does he mean by "small games"? It's not like that was going to be AAA. Sounds like it didn't turn out like he wanted and he got basically depressed and decided never to attempt something challenging ever again... Hope I'm reading this wrong :p I haven't actually watched the thing.

Didn't this game involve hundreds of planets to explore?
That's not all that "small."

I doubt that what he meant was "small game worlds"...

5. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 10:55 Beamer

That sucks, I was looking forward to it. What does he mean by "small games"? It's not like that was going to be AAA. Sounds like it didn't turn out like he wanted and he got basically depressed and decided never to attempt something challenging ever again... Hope I'm reading this wrong :p I haven't actually watched the thing.

Didn't this game involve hundreds of planets to explore?
That's not all that "small."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

4. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 10:51 Creston

Shame he's giving up on it...  

3. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 10:33 NKD

That's a shame. I was hoping at some point Mojang would put out another game that maybe might be interesting to me. Guess not.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

2. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 09:53 InBlack

Im not a graphics whore by a longshot. I do want my space games to be beautiful at least to a point where I can suspend disbelief. This game was a strange clusterfuck of butt ugly, not to mention niche enough to the point of not actually fitting a niche. This is a good decision.  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: 0x10c in Carbonite; Community Version Planned Aug 19, 2013, 09:51 ItBurn

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo