Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 23:55 ViRGE

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 22:13:
Since you missed it the first time, I'll make sure to repeat it. In bold so you might see it now.

EMULATORS ON THE N7. Everyone I know always takes full interest in my phone and tablet when they find out they can play things from Mario Cart on the Snes to the newest Pokemon Black/White 2. And many are aware of these and more keep learning. Suddenly, it's not just crappy little games, but an entire library of loved games people played and want to play again.
FWIW, I've always considered emulators to be a specious argument. Why are you buying new hardware just to play old games poorly? You've been able to play old games for years on other, better pieces of hardware with proper controllers. A tablet meanwhile is poor for both new games and old games alike.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 22:13 Kitkoan

ViRGE wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 20:25:
Julio wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 09:59:
Vita definitely needs more decent games. Technically I'd love one, but there's really not much point with nothing to play.
Kitkoan wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 17:16:
The ps vita is still going to be a hard sell at that price. For just $30 more, you could buy the new Nexus 7 with 16 gigs, and has a lot more games for a lot less (and this doesn't consider emulators, including that new DS emulator that works pretty much perfectly). And the Nexus 7 does a hell of a lot more too.
The N7 definitely does more. But are we seriously going to argue that the Android game catalog is anything but trash? The entire Android gaming environment is based on crappy little games that can be played on a touchscreen in 2 minutes, the whole time trying to nickle & dime the user. You simply don't see games comparable to traditional full price titles on Android; the prevailing consumer environment is all wrong for it.

Since you missed it the first time, I'll make sure to repeat it. In bold so you might see it now.

EMULATORS ON THE N7. Everyone I know always takes full interest in my phone and tablet when they find out they can play things from Mario Cart on the Snes to the newest Pokemon Black/White 2. And many are aware of these and more keep learning. Suddenly, it's not just crappy little games, but an entire library of loved games people played and want to play again.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 20:25 ViRGE

Julio wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 09:59:
Vita definitely needs more decent games. Technically I'd love one, but there's really not much point with nothing to play.
It gets a little better each month. Dragon's Crown on the Vita is quite good, and Rayman Legends will be the September blockbuster. Unfortunately those games are ports, so while they're good games they're not games you have to buy a Vita for. It still lacks good exclusives.
Kitkoan wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 17:16:
The ps vita is still going to be a hard sell at that price. For just $30 more, you could buy the new Nexus 7 with 16 gigs, and has a lot more games for a lot less (and this doesn't consider emulators, including that new DS emulator that works pretty much perfectly). And the Nexus 7 does a hell of a lot more too.
The N7 definitely does more. But are we seriously going to argue that the Android game catalog is anything but trash? The entire Android gaming environment is based on crappy little games that can be played on a touchscreen in 2 minutes, the whole time trying to nickle & dime the user. You simply don't see games comparable to traditional full price titles on Android; the prevailing consumer environment is all wrong for it.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 17:16 Kitkoan

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 12:22 Verno

It needs a price cut to spur adoption, I think $175 is the magic number for the Vita and the memory cards should be priced appropriately instead of their currently insulting levels. You can't be an expensive platform without much of a library to speak of.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 19, 2013, 09:59 Julio

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo