Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 22, 2013, 10:58 Beamer

InBlack wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 04:07:
Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 19:30:
LittleMe wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:35:
They're trying to hold up the house of cards. The more they try, the more it can fail. Freedom of the press my ass.

There's isn't a true freedom of press, as members of the media have been locked up thousands of times in our nation's history. Because, like most freedoms, it doesn't protect you from repercussions. The government can't stop you from printing and distributing something (within reason), but can prosecute you after the fact.

This, however, seems rather petty.

Petty? Outrageous is what this is. Calling it by any other name is disingenuous at best...If this had happened in China or Russia, there would be a fucking UN resolution passed over this.

I didn't mean the action, I meant the reasoning behind it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. removed Oct 22, 2013, 09:11 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 22, 2013, 09:27.

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 20, 2013, 04:07 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 19:30:
They're trying to hold up the house of cards. The more they try, the more it can fail. Freedom of the press my ass.

There's isn't a true freedom of press, as members of the media have been locked up thousands of times in our nation's history. Because, like most freedoms, it doesn't protect you from repercussions. The government can't stop you from printing and distributing something (within reason), but can prosecute you after the fact.

Petty? Outrageous is what this is. Calling it by any other name is disingenuous at best...If this had happened in China or Russia, there would be a fucking UN resolution passed over this.

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 19:30 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 18:39 Kosumo

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 16:51:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 16:15:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:35:
nin wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 09:22:
Odd coincidence: Guys last name was Miranda.

Held under a terrorism statute. B/C obviously, the spouse of a journalist is a terrorist.

And you wonder why I think both Holder and Obama should be tried for crimes against their own citizens?

Because the british detained a brazilian citizen? Ya....impeachable offense for obama!

At lest this time they did not shot the brazilian multiply times in the head.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 17:25 Kitkoan

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:45:
Microsoft DMCAing OpenOffice is just ridiculous, how could they think that one would fly?

Most likely because it was a spider program like that MPAA/RIAA uses to find and send take down notices. It's technically a digital drag net that no one monitors or cares to monitor since with the dmca your guilty until proven innocent. It most likely just locked onto the keywords of "office 2010" and just demanded it be taken down. And since the dmca makes sure it's OK to send as many false notices as you want, it's the small fish that suffer and the big ones will continue to abuse the hell out of the dmca. Because they can.

This kind of things have been happening for years and years. The major companies don't want it to stop either because it makes their lives easier since they can't be punished and it leaves the people they threaten to spend the time, money and effort to produce facts, and not themselves to show a crime has happened.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 16:51 dj LiTh

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 16:15:

Held under a terrorism statute. B/C obviously, the spouse of a journalist is a terrorist.

And you wonder why I think both Holder and Obama should be tried for crimes against their own citizens?

Because the british detained a brazilian citizen? Ya....impeachable offense for obama!

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 16:15 RollinThundr

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 14:55 LittleMe

Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 14:45:
Microsoft DMCAing OpenOffice is just ridiculous, how could they think that one would fly?

Fund my political campaign and I'll help you get a DMCA takedown on whoever you want! Protection money!

Perpetual debt is slavery.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 14:45 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 14:35 jdreyer

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 14:35 LittleMe

Perpetual debt is slavery.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 19, 2013, 09:22 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo