Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots [Updated]

Brazilian site The Sims Style has screenshots from The Sims 4 along with some details on the next installment in Maxis' wee people series, and though these are written in the site's native Portuguese, the article they scanned is in English. This is all directly from PC PowerPlay issue #219, apparently an advance copy, since the website for the Australian magazine says this issue is due on August 22nd. Update: The previous explanation of where these are from is incorrect (thanks Firky), they are from a recent issue of GAME magazine, and the scans were posted in the The Sims 3 Forums. Thanks Rigs via IncGamers/NeoGaf.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2013, 08:22 Rigs

WyldKat wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 04:43:
But seriously... why does it look EXACTLY like Sims 3?

Either we're seeing a very early alpha build and the final graphics haven't yet been put in place (and they're using the Sims3 engine as a placeholder, with some tweaks) or EA is going to have a serious problem getting everyone to switch over to this one when they've spent countless funds on the Sims3 expansions. I haven't really read the article yet, but maybe they'll be some backwards compatibility built in? There's got to be something besides just a modernized, more mature graphics engine and some re-tweaked features to give people a reason to switch...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2013, 08:11 Rigs

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 06:50:
Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:13:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 16:46:
Sims Online....you know its coming

They made that like six years ago, and it never did very well. They took it down like last year or so.

Wow lol, it must of bombed bigtime cause i never even heard of it...weird!

Some more info on 'Sims Online'... and word on a possible fan/community follow-up...

Fan Revival

In early 2012, it was announced by fans of the game that Niotso, the project groups name, has cracked several files in the game and have harvested source codes. They say the project is about 50% complete, and when done, The Sims Online will be playable via fan servers. (LAN).

For the record, it was launched in 2002 and shutdown in 2008. There's now (or were) several Sims games/projects on Facebook, like 'The Sims Social'...

=-Rigs-=

'I know what you think you are, what you want us to believe! But I don't buy it! For three years now you've been pulling everyone's strings, getting us to do all the work, and you haven't done a damn thing except stand there and look cryptic.'

20. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 18, 2013, 06:50 dj LiTh

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:13:

They made that like six years ago, and it never did very well. They took it down like last year or so.

Wow lol, it must of bombed bigtime cause i never even heard of it...weird!

19. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 18, 2013, 04:43 WyldKat

Meanwhile GTA V is out Sims-ing The Sims.

But seriously... why does it look EXACTLY like Sims 3?

18. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 18, 2013, 03:21 eRe4s3r

aesir05 wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 02:59:
I never liked how time was managed in the Sims 3.
Maybe its changed but I used to get my sim up at 5am to take a shower, eat get ready for work but that used to get them ready by 9am.

Time wasn't done properly or the animations for the tasks needs to be faster.

One of the ways to get around that is to completely disable the needs. That way there is even some sort of "game" to be found.

17. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 18, 2013, 02:59 aesir05

I never liked how time was managed in the Sims 3.
Maybe its changed but I used to get my sim up at 5am to take a shower, eat get ready for work but that used to get them ready by 9am.

Time wasn't done properly or the animations for the tasks needs to be faster.

16. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 18, 2013, 00:04 Narf2029

Maybe Sims 4 will have some measure of optimization to make expansions and mods manageable. The load times are obscene. It's one thing to have time to make a sandwich during a load, and another to be able to eat it. I can do max settings on practically every game available for PC and the load times in Sims 3 make it look like I'm running a 486.  
Huh? I'm sorry, I was thinking about cake.

15. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 22:08 Firky

Hi there. Just letting you know you've incorrectly attributed these to PCPP. I'm not sure if the magazine these scans came from is available online. PC Powerplay will have a version available on Zinio. http://au.zinio.com/www/browse/product.jsp?rf=sch&productId=500636481 Cheers.

Edit: (Btw, that's not the cover with The Sims 4 in it. It hasn't been released yet.)

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2013, 22:39.

14. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 19:44 NewMaxx

walrus1 wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:41:
The shots actually look worse then the sims 3 imho.

I'm basing it on the fact that shots are of terrible quality. lol

13. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 19:41 walrus1

The shots actually look worse then the sims 3 imho.  

12. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 19:39 NewMaxx

It actually does look better, keeping in mind there's only the few pages of the magazine and you can't see much. Still, my guess is they wanted people to be able to play it on their Sims 3 PC. Optimizations and all that jazz no doubt, but there's limits.  

11. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 19:27 Rossafur

Quboid wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 15:34:
I don't want a "doing the chores and getting dinner ready and cleaning and going to bed and oh god there's not enough hours in the day" simulator. I play games to get away from that.

+1. The game could be much more interesting on a slower time scale. Every time I've tried to have my Sims go have a night out on the town they're tired and want to go to bed and/or the venue is closing before I accomplish anything at all, let alone trying to set up an actual event... Both of the weddings I set up in Sims 3 were a mess, lol.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2013, 19:14 Creston

Rigs wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 16:14:
Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 15:28:
Looks exactly like Sims 3 to me...

Indeed, that was the first thing I said to myself when I saw it...bloody hell, it's Sims3 with some tweaks! Maybe they're going for a Madden/FIFA-isk yearly update thing?

=-Rigs-=

And it's weird, because there were pretty big graphical upgrades between 1 and 2 and then between 2 and 3. I'm going to hazard a guess that that's not actually a Sims 4 screenshot. EA needs SOME kind of carrot to get people to upgrade from 3 with its 22 expansions.

9. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 19:13 Creston

8. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 17:47 DangerDog

I imagine this will be always online just like Sim City.  

7. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 16:54 Rhino

It already did, and bombed. Not sure they'll be in any particular hurry to repeat that one; but then there are all manner of decisions that a number of us wouldn't make which EA somehow sees fit to pursue.

6. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 16:46 dj LiTh

5. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 16:38 DangerDog

The only thing I found mildly amusing is creating a swimming pool and then taking away the ladder to let the sims get out.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2013, 16:14 Rigs

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 15:28:
Looks exactly like Sims 3 to me...

Indeed, that was the first thing I said to myself when I saw it...bloody hell, it's Sims3 with some tweaks! Maybe they're going for a Madden/FIFA-isk yearly update thing?

=-Rigs-=

3. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 15:34 Quboid

Apologies for the blasphemy, but there's a game in The Sims. I'm not sure this is the title to actually manage it but IMHO if you could trust your sims to live their lives without you holding their hands, it would add a moderately interesting social simulator to a moderately interesting house design Lego kit.

I don't want a "doing the chores and getting dinner ready and cleaning and going to bed and oh god there's not enough hours in the day" simulator. I play games to get away from that.

- Quboid

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo