Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

10. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 16:44 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 15:55:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 12:56:
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?! Seriously, grow a pair, man up, figure out your living in the real world and not some fantasy based on a peice of paper created 200+ years ago

Man-up? Really? I didn't realize that the government breaking the law and running roughshod over peoples civil and human rights - and people getting upset about that for some strange reason - meant that people need to grow up, grow a pair and get macho about it. Wow, I guess everyone else has been looking at it all wrong.

Rolleyes

human rights....lol thanks for that one that will keep me chuckling for a few days. Only thing better then that is if you said god given rights

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 16:05 LittleMe

A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?! Seriously, grow a pair, man up, figure out your living in the real world and not some fantasy based on a peice of paper created 200+ years ago

Try that logic when you are being tried for a crime. Say to the judge "OMG what are you thinking?!?! Seriously grow a pair and man up and stop living in your fantasy land where people never rob banks based on some stupid piece of paper written hundreds of years ago!!"

Of course they spy, true. But saying that the 'Rule of Law' is not credible and that the authorities have the right to do whatever they want to isn't right either. Are we all property of the state, essentially slaves subordinate to people who declare themselves gods, above whimsical and tyrannical laws applied to the rest of us?

Perpetual debt is slavery.

8. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 15:55 Cutter

Man-up? Really? I didn't realize that the government breaking the law and running roughshod over peoples civil and human rights - and people getting upset about that for some strange reason - meant that people need to grow up, grow a pair and get macho about it. Wow, I guess everyone else has been looking at it all wrong.

Rolleyes

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 15:43 dj LiTh

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 13:20:

Seriously, grow a brain, stop pretending to be an adult. Adults know the proper usage of "your" and "you're". Your entire argument is invalidated instantly when you're illiterate.

Lol, ya your right, typing too fast on the internetz and i get the grammar nazi police. No need to 'be an adult' and digest the thought that i provoked especially when it makes you think twice. Good job drone, good job (i purposely didnt end with a period, you know just to leave you with something)

6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 14:36 xXBatmanXx

So at some point, they have to leave Snowden alone. I think this just confirms him as a whistleblower - which gives him gov't protection under Obama's rules. Had Snowgate (just termed that for you) not happened, this info wold have never come out.

/just sayin

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

5. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 13:32 yuastnav

I will just leave this here for anyone who is interested:
www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/BUGGER

4. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 13:20 HoSpanky

Seriously, grow a brain, stop pretending to be an adult. Adults know the proper usage of "your" and "you're". Your entire argument is invalidated instantly when you're illiterate.

3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 12:56 dj LiTh

2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 12:24 Wallshadows

At most, they'll be taken to a Kangaroo court where no fucks will really be given.  

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 11:30 Dev

Here's a better link:
link

Turns out its 2776 incidents in ONE YEAR.
And those are just the violations they admit to, the ones that go beyond the incredibly lax standards they use. Don't forget that the millions of calls metadata they do, they don't consider that an incident since thats authorized.
Also, just ONE of those incidents violated specific court orders and involved 3000 americans.
One error included when they accidentally (supposedly anyway) programmed it to look at area code 202 (washington DC) instead of 20 (a foreign country) and incorrectly gathered a "large number" of calls. They won't say anything beyond that it was a "large number".
And the error rate increased despite a quadrupling of internal oversight staff

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo