Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Legal Briefs

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

30. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 16:58 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 16:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 14:42:
When I keep saying we're headed for a police state I'm not sure why most of you idiots think it's a joke or just some partisan politics. Wake up people.

You know shit is F'd up when thundr and I are in agreement. While I don't think that the govn't is intentionally leading us to a police state, the result of these laws is the same: too much gov't access to personal information of all citizens leads to defacto control of said citizens. This is a classic case of the road to hell being paved with good intentions: in an attempt to protect citizens, freedoms and civil liberties are taken away.

Exactly, and unless we start holding all 3 parts of government, from the President down to Congress and the Senate, accountable, get informed, and start making these assholes remember they're supposed to work FOR us.

This goes beyond parties, start holding these guys accountable.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 16:44 jdreyer

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 14:42:
When I keep saying we're headed for a police state I'm not sure why most of you idiots think it's a joke or just some partisan politics. Wake up people.

You know shit is F'd up when thundr and I are in agreement. While I don't think that the govn't is intentionally leading us to a police state, the result of these laws is the same: too much gov't access to personal information of all citizens leads to defacto control of said citizens. This is a classic case of the road to hell being paved with good intentions: in an attempt to protect citizens, freedoms and civil liberties are taken away.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

28. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 14:42 RollinThundr

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 06:49:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 03:02:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 12:56:
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?! Seriously, grow a pair, man up, figure out your living in the real world and not some fantasy based on a peice of paper created 200+ years ago

Whether or not you agree with that "peice (sic) of paper created 200+ years ago" is irrelevant. It is the highest law in our country and there is an expectation that it will be followed. I'm dismayed and depressed that as someone who served, and someone who took the oath, "I, DJ, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;" would then take a shit on said document.

Ben Franklin once said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." This is true today as it was more than 200 years ago when it was first uttered. Security and liberty need to be in balance, and with the government indiscriminately hoovering up everyone's personal communication to be "accidentally" searched 3000 times a year, it is not.

We've already seen serious abuses of this data resulting in the NSA supplying the DEA with info and then telling them to cover up the source. And this is just the stuff we know about. And it was all being done in secret where we couldn't have a discussion about the proper amount of surveillance vs. privacy, until Snowden blew the whistle. It was an extremely brave thing to do, and he ruined his life to do so. I'm glad he did.

I did indeed take that oath, and then i saw some pretty messed up shit that makes me believe that human life is more important then lofty ideals. Guess i'm just messed up like that.

If you took the oath then you should realize that, the document being followed would repair alot of harm the US Government has created over the last 40+ years.

Smaller limited government with checks and balances and give power back to the states to make their own decisions for their communities.

27. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 06:49 dj LiTh

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2013, 03:02:
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?! Seriously, grow a pair, man up, figure out your living in the real world and not some fantasy based on a peice of paper created 200+ years ago

Whether or not you agree with that "peice (sic) of paper created 200+ years ago" is irrelevant. It is the highest law in our country and there is an expectation that it will be followed. I'm dismayed and depressed that as someone who served, and someone who took the oath, "I, DJ, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;" would then take a shit on said document.

Ben Franklin once said, "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." This is true today as it was more than 200 years ago when it was first uttered. Security and liberty need to be in balance, and with the government indiscriminately hoovering up everyone's personal communication to be "accidentally" searched 3000 times a year, it is not.

We've already seen serious abuses of this data resulting in the NSA supplying the DEA with info and then telling them to cover up the source. And this is just the stuff we know about. And it was all being done in secret where we couldn't have a discussion about the proper amount of surveillance vs. privacy, until Snowden blew the whistle. It was an extremely brave thing to do, and he ruined his life to do so. I'm glad he did.

I did indeed take that oath, and then i saw some pretty messed up shit that makes me believe that human life is more important then lofty ideals. Guess i'm just messed up like that.

26. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 05:10 shihonage

Saw the first two posts by the troll and realized the 25-post count is going to amount to people feeding it.

Some things never change.

25. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 03:02 jdreyer

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2013, 03:11.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

24. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 18, 2013, 01:20 Dev

yuastnav wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 13:32:
I will just leave this here for anyone who is interested:
www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/BUGGER
Wow, fascinating article
A spy agency spying? OMG what were they thinking!?!
Spy agency spying? OMG not what the problem is.

23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 22:15 Kosumo

Popcorn Popcorn Pokestick Popcorn
Popcorn Drinkers Popcorn
Popcorn Cthulhu Popcorn

22. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 21:45 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:02:
mag wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 18:03:
Weren't you, just a couple of days ago, saying that only pedophiles should worry about NSA spying? How many personalities live in your head?

I dont know, do you have reading comprehension problems? That's not what I said at all. I said if people aren't engaging in illegal activities there's really nothing to worry about, is there? That doesn't however mean what the government is doing makes it ok in the slightest. Did I say that? No. And I've railed about it long and hard for ages now. So, in future, trying thinking before opening your big fat mouth. I know it's difficult for you, but try at any rate.

Actually no, you said that people who were upset about the government peeping in their email were 'pedo bears'. It was an incoherent mess of an opinion that you failed to back up and one that flies in the face of your own previous rants, something you should think about before talking about other peoples 'fat mouthes'. No one is impressed by the toughie internet routine either, talk is cheap on the internet.

21. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 21:36 Mad Max RW

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 21:08:
Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 20:03:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:05:
Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:03:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 17:16:
Honesly living in Europe is probably what you have in mind for liberties. What i find funny is the naive notion that people think that they can have their cake and eat it to. As for M.E. livin, nah i'm good, how about you, You good bro? Because I'm sure you know that where you live is a choice, and your living where you want to. So deal broheim. As for the hating on this and that, no not at all. I think they're great bedtime stories to tell your children.

Are you high on something? Seriously. Everything you've been saying is just completely asinine and childish. High, dumb, and immature is no way to go through life, son.

You mean like everything else you say on blues right?

I always delight in reading the same tired regurgitated bullshit from European teenagers such as yourself who never worked a day in their lives but still manage to find time to lecture Americans about freedom and the Constitution on random video game forums. You know what would save us all a lot of time? If just once any of your kind had the balls to admit to what you are: a depressed bigot and coward.

dj LiTh, you are a scumbag and you know it. Maybe in 20 years you'll find the courage to look at yourself and wonder what the fuck happened.

Except this european teenager is a middle aged american who served his country, just no longer lives in it. but ya close right? Might be time to change the cheeto dust stained underwear maxy

So you're a liberal turncoat, eh? Just as good. Keep on preaching from your ivory tower.

20. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 21:08 dj LiTh

Mad Max RW wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 20:03:
Honesly living in Europe is probably what you have in mind for liberties. What i find funny is the naive notion that people think that they can have their cake and eat it to. As for M.E. livin, nah i'm good, how about you, You good bro? Because I'm sure you know that where you live is a choice, and your living where you want to. So deal broheim. As for the hating on this and that, no not at all. I think they're great bedtime stories to tell your children.

Are you high on something? Seriously. Everything you've been saying is just completely asinine and childish. High, dumb, and immature is no way to go through life, son.

I always delight in reading the same tired regurgitated bullshit from European teenagers such as yourself who never worked a day in their lives but still manage to find time to lecture Americans about freedom and the Constitution on random video game forums. You know what would save us all a lot of time? If just once any of your kind had the balls to admit to what you are: a depressed bigot and coward.

dj LiTh, you are a scumbag and you know it. Maybe in 20 years you'll find the courage to look at yourself and wonder what the fuck happened.

Except this european teenager is a middle aged american who served his country, just no longer lives in it. but ya close right? Might be time to change the cheeto dust stained underwear maxy

19. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 20:03 Mad Max RW

18. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 20:01 mag

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 19:02:
Weren't you, just a couple of days ago, saying that only pedophiles should worry about NSA spying? How many personalities live in your head?

I dont know, do you have reading comprehension problems? That's not what I said at all. I said if people aren't engaging in illegal activities there's really nothing to worry about, is there? That doesn't however mean what the government is doing makes it ok in the slightest. Did I say that? No. And I've railed about it long and hard for ages now. So, in future, trying thinking before opening your big fat mouth. I know it's difficult for you, but try at any rate.

One of the voices in Cutter's head wrote:
Hey just because most of us aren't Pedo Bears like you probably are doesn't mean we have things to hide too. If you're dumb enough to be sending sensitive and illegal material online that's not anyone else's fault. If you're dumb enough to not understand the difference between general privacy and public interest that's not our fault either. The rampant paranoia of Americans like you is a great source of amusement to the rest of the world most of the time. It never ceases to amaze the rest of us about this little fantasy world you exist in.

"Okay, yeah, it's bad, but why do you care that it's bad? You must be a pedophile. Americans are dumb."

17. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 19:05 dj LiTh

16. removed Aug 17, 2013, 19:03 Cutter

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 18, 2013, 08:32.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 19:02 Cutter

14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 19:00 dj LiTh

Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 16:57:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 16:44:
Cutter wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 15:55:

Man-up? Really? I didn't realize that the government breaking the law and running roughshod over peoples civil and human rights - and people getting upset about that for some strange reason - meant that people need to grow up, grow a pair and get macho about it. Wow, I guess everyone else has been looking at it all wrong.

Rolleyes

human rights....lol thanks for that one that will keep me chuckling for a few days. Only thing better then that is if you said god given rights

Well if you hate concepts like human rights and civil liberties you should move over to the Middle-East or some country where you'll never be bothered with the nuisance of things like that. The rest of us however will continue to be pissed off about this. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

Huh?

13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 18:03 mag

Man-up? Really? I didn't realize that the government breaking the law and running roughshod over peoples civil and human rights - and people getting upset about that for some strange reason - meant that people need to grow up, grow a pair and get macho about it. Wow, I guess everyone else has been looking at it all wrong.

Rolleyes

human rights....lol thanks for that one that will keep me chuckling for a few days. Only thing better then that is if you said god given rights

Well if you hate concepts like human rights and civil liberties you should move over to the Middle-East or some country where you'll never be bothered with the nuisance of things like that. The rest of us however will continue to be pissed off about this. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!

12. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 17:16 dj LiTh

Rolleyes

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2013, 17:24.

11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 16:57 Cutter

Rolleyes

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo