Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend

Steam News announces a free weekend is underway in E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, Streum On Studio's action/RPG, which is on sale for half-of during the event. Here's a refresher on the game:

As a member of the strange secret society E.Y.E, you wake up after a fight in which your fellow teammates were killed. E.Y.E, an armed branch of the Secreta Secretorum is attempting a coup against the all-powerful Federation, a coalition of several worlds and planets that rule with an iron fist.

To complicate matters, E.Y.E itself is plagued with its own internal conflicts between the Jian faction and the Culter faction, to which you belong. Your loyalties are torn between Commander Rimanah, your superior and the chief of the Secreta who is a separatist with an unstoppable ambition, and the "Mentor" your friend and instructor. The "Mentor" tries at all costs to unite the two rival factions. In doing so, you are thrust into the middle of a fratricidal war frought with political conspiracies and quests for power in which different groups and megacorporations are implicated.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 18, 2013, 20:25 Ant

Darn. I missed it. Darn BUSY life like work! Doesn't this game have a free trial?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 17, 2013, 13:03 LittleMe

Free weekend isn't working for me. I click the link on the steam news page and it doesn't install.

edit: oh now it's working. Finally popped up the steam install dialog.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2013, 13:35.

Perpetual debt is slavery.

5. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 17, 2013, 11:20 Mad Max RW

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 01:16:
Why buy it, you can easily finish it in a free weekend. Reviewers said 5 hours on average.

It takes more than 5 hours before you get to grips with the gameplay mechanics and seemingly random dream-like world. I remember when EYE first came out I was leaning toward hating it the first few days. The in-game tutorials are frustratingly devoid of information and you're thrust into the campaign a little too fast. You will be confused about researching tech, psi powers, how to get new weapons, cyber upgrades, what armor does, hacking, how not to fail missions, etc.. After a couple generations of hand holding you will feel more than lost and definitely outgunned. It has highly scalable difficulty and enemy spawn configurations right in the main menu. Start there.

4. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 17, 2013, 02:09 jacobvandy

If you rush through the main objective of each mission, maybe. It's really not that linear of a game though, and the story isn't interesting or coherent enough for that to be the driving force while you play. It's all about leveling up and building your character into elite hacker, superhuman soldier, etc. Session-based cooperative multiplayer in an FPS/RPG sandbox, is not at all something that you can ever "finish," you just play and play and play until you get tired of it.  

3. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 17, 2013, 01:16 JohnBirshire

Why buy it, you can easily finish it in a free weekend. Reviewers said 5 hours on average.  

2. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 17, 2013, 00:44 Bumpy

Definitely in my top 5 game of all time list.

And yeah, one really needs to take the time to learn the game. Once you do, it all gels together and the game flows like silk. It becomes such a rush.

You have to think and be ahead of your actions the whole time.

This game really is pure genius.

1. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free Weekend Aug 16, 2013, 23:00 Mad Max RW

I highly recommend people check this game out and keep an open mind. You will die a lot before you get into the swing of things. When it clicks it's so addictive and fun. If you borrowed some of the concepts from Borderlands or Hellgate London, used a fraction of their budget, took a bunch of drugs, then made a proper PC game instead of a watered down console port any asshole can jump into you'd have EYE Divine Cybermancy.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo