Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row IV Steam Preloads

Steam News announces that preorders are underway for Saints Row IV in advance of next week's release of Volition's action game sequel:

Saints Row IV is Now Available for Pre-Load on Steam!

Also this is your last chance to pre-purchase and receive the Commander in Chief Edition and the TF2 Weapons and Costume Skins!

The US President must save the Earth from alien overlord Zinyak using an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons in the wildest open world game ever.

The epic conclusion to the game that changed all the rules! The Saints have gone from the crackhouse to the White Houseóbut the Earth has been invaded and itís up to you to free the world from Overlord Zinyak and his alien empire. With homies new and old by your side, and an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons, you must save the world in the wildest open world game ever!

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 18, 2013, 16:52 Shineyguy

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 06:02:
Won't be buying this one, there are a lot better games out there than this.

Oh, have you played it? I must have been mistaken that the release date is the 20th then...

Rolleyes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 22:02 OpticNerve

GMG has a 20% off coupon for SR4:

Voucher: GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/saints-row-4/

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

17. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 16:48 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 04:56:
entr0py wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 03:58:
ViRGE wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 00:24:
I have to say I'm pleased with how Volition/Deep Silver has handled the launch of SR4. They've put out a ton of gameplay videos before hand, let the press evaluate the game and publish reviews ahead of time (letting buyers see reviews and still get in on the pre-order bonus), and they even offered a discount to SR3 owners. This is such a vast departure from the bait & switch launch tactics of most publishers that it's quite refreshing.

That said, the fact that Enter the Dominatrix was used as the base of SR4 rather than released as a separate SR3 DLC remains a disappointment, but all things considered I feel like they've more than made up for it.

I don't know, as a consumer I distrust early reviews and have the feeling they're granted in return for favors. It's just an anecdote but I think the first exclusive early review of Dragon Age II was %100. Assuming publishers have full discretion over who gets copies, it's a good way of keeping the gaming press in line.

When a single publication is given a world exclusive first review, then what you say is true. But there's a big difference between that and lifting an embargo on all reviews. A world-exclusive review will always be very positive, as that's the only reason why a publisher would allow it to break embargo. On the other hand, when an embargo is lifted on all reviews, the publisher is allowing reviewers to give whatever score they want.

Thanks man, I did not know the details of how it works. It would be cool if there were a site where the public could see listings of general embargo dates (making it obvious which outlets entered into shady agreements). But in SR4's case everything it looks like it's all above board. Also here's a helpful intro for others :

Penny Arcade

16. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 11:10 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 08:27:

owell.. Rolleyes

Yep, no loss there.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 08:32 NKD

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 08:27:

owell.. Rolleyes

Ozmodan says that, but if you look at his post history, there are no better games out there, he thinks more things are shit than Cutter.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

14. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 08:27 Wowbagger_TIP

owell.. Rolleyes

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

13. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 06:50 ViRGE

Jerykk wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 04:56:
I have to say I'm pleased with how Volition/Deep Silver has handled the launch of SR4. They've put out a ton of gameplay videos before hand, let the press evaluate the game and publish reviews ahead of time (letting buyers see reviews and still get in on the pre-order bonus), and they even offered a discount to SR3 owners. This is such a vast departure from the bait & switch launch tactics of most publishers that it's quite refreshing.

That said, the fact that Enter the Dominatrix was used as the base of SR4 rather than released as a separate SR3 DLC remains a disappointment, but all things considered I feel like they've more than made up for it.

I don't know, as a consumer I distrust early reviews and have the feeling they're granted in return for favors. It's just an anecdote but I think the first exclusive early review of Dragon Age II was %100. Assuming publishers have full discretion over who gets copies, it's a good way of keeping the gaming press in line.

When a single publication is given a world exclusive first review, then what you say is true. But there's a big difference between that and lifting an embargo on all reviews. A world-exclusive review will always be very positive, as that's the only reason why a publisher would allow it to break embargo. On the other hand, when an embargo is lifted on all reviews, the publisher is allowing reviewers to give whatever score they want.
A very good point. If the only early SR4 review was a single review it would definitely be reason to be weary. But in this case there's (at least) 29 different reviews of the PC version from the usual suspects, so I don't expect there to be a need to be concerned about any funny business.

12. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 06:02 Ozmodan

11. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 04:56 Jerykk

10. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 03:58 entr0py

9. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 03:20 netnerd85

nin wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 00:20:
The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 00:13:
I want to play it, but there is just no way in hell I'm paying more then 30 bucks for it.

You could use GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN, but that only drops it to $40...

When's that coupon end? I will be buying two copies, so... cheaper the better

8. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 00:48 OpticNerve

From what I've seen of various gameplay videos and reviews, it sounds like SR4 = SR3 + Prototype.

Given that I loved both, fuck yeah I can't wait!

http://theopticnerve.deviantart.com

7. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 00:24 ViRGE

6. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 00:20 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 00:13:
I want to play it, but there is just no way in hell I'm paying more then 30 bucks for it.

You could use GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN, but that only drops it to $40...

5. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 17, 2013, 00:13 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 16, 2013, 22:29 VogelAP

Quite looking forward to playing this one. I really enjoyed SR3, the first I've played in the series.  
-drew
www.drewvogel.com

3. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 16, 2013, 22:23 nin

Hope gmg sends the keys soon, I've not been keeping up with them lately...

2. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 16, 2013, 22:04 Cutter

Preload sounds so naughty where it concerns Saints Row, doesn't it?

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Saints Row IV Steam Preloads Aug 16, 2013, 21:53 ItBurn

I know it's just a glorified DLC, but I'd love to play it.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo