Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 19:08 Rea1One

wtf_man wrote on Aug 17, 2013, 10:21:

I still can't stand that flat look. I want Aero Glass back, or even a classic windows 2000 look.

Stardock windowblinds has been updated and now supports windows 8, so you can have the old Aero look or even classic or something newer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 15:28 Axis

Virus's are 21 times more tolerable than Windows 8?  

Yours truly,

Axis

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 10:21 wtf_man

I have had the 8.1 preview up on a machine at work for the last few weeks. I'll admit that it's way more tolerable than 8.0 (once you tweak it to be more desktop oriented).

I still can't stand that flat look. I want Aero Glass back, or even a classic windows 2000 look.

As for the Modern UI vs. Desktop... they still have some twaeks they need to do... Like when I'm on the apps screen (pseudo start menu) I shouldn't have to re-click the start button or the desktop icon to get back to the desktop. In other words... there are still annoyances for a desktop user.

I have to admit, I do like the ribbon explorer... setting shit is much more convenient. However, that doesn't make it worth upgrading.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 04:27 Dmitri_M

DukeFNukem wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 22:57:
wannabe chimpanzees
So you wannabe a chimp huh you wannabe a chimp. Wannabe chimpanzee.

5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 03:48 Rea1One

On pen and paper windows 8 features seemed not appealing but after a few months ago after making the jump to Windows 8 Pro 64-bit id never want to go back to windows 7 or Vista. As a multi-monitor user windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and vista 64-bit are limited to old tech which doesn't support various monitors with different refresh rates.

I'm glad windows 8 has this area covered by default, also as for boot times yeah ive got the feature on my new motherboard to ultra quick boot direct into windows bypass bios crap which does make it boot in seconds.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2013, 03:55.

4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 00:06 LaxerFL

71% of all statistics are 42% made up.

60% of the time it works, every time!

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 16, 2013, 22:57 DukeFNukem

And 100x more retarded. Worst UI ever designed for a desktop. No thanks. Perfectly happy on Windows 7 Ultimate. I'll let all the wannabe chimpanzees iron out the kinks for me in the catastrophe they call Windows 8. Wake me up again, when we get to Windows 9 and I might be interested. That all depends on whether Microsoft gets their hearing aids fixed or not. Windows 8 for me? Hell nah. Keep it. Windows 8 for you? Whatever gets your rocks off. LOL.  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 16, 2013, 22:55 Mad Max RW

I'm perfectly happy with Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Maybe I'll think about upgrading in about 10 years. Nothing about Win 8 appeals to me.  

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 16, 2013, 22:39 Creston

And 4000000 times more annoying to use on a desktop.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo