Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month

GOG.com announces they are now accepting preorders for Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, the upcoming survival/horror "indirect" sequel, adding a release date, saying the game is due on September 10th. Those who are willing to commit to the game before then will get themselves a 20% discount. Here's word:

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, the indirect sequel to Amnesia: The Dark Descent excels in the art of terror storytelling. Using first-person perspective gameplay, suggestive visuals, and chilling ambiance, it creates an experience that all horror fans will deeply appreciate. Altering and expanding the ideas used in the previous Amnesia story, the game offers a new level of immersion and interaction, that will make you feel a part of the events more than ever before. With a gripping story-line, perfect pacing, and atmospheric environment design, this title is everything you need to make your heart beat faster.

Pre-order Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs for only $15.99 on GOG.com today, and start preparing for one of the most terrifying and unsettling gaming experiences of your life. The 20% pre-order discount offer lasts until the game's release, which is expected on September 10.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 20:34 Drayth

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 17:31:
Troll harder, troll. Try using some common sense - if you have any, which sounds doubtful. Yeah, we'll all be looking forward to the OR version of this in a few years time, sport. Rolleyes

I'd rather have it now personally.

Edit-Cram, there does seem to be a way of retrofitting games to work with OR. I don't know that the limitations of that is though. Like with NVIDIA's 3D Vision someone whipped up a shader editor in their free time that the community uses to fix games with rendering errors in 3D Vision, but that only works for DX9 games due to shaders being compiled in DX 10 / 11.

Plus 3D Vision doesn't work with OpenGL unless the developer uses a quad buffering technique (which ID did with the Doom 3 BFG edition), so 99% of the OpenGL games don't work at all (back in the 90's it was the other way around with NVIDIA drivers).

The first Amnesia was OpenGL, not sure if that's still true or if it matters for OR support.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 19:48 Cram

I'm familiar with the Oculus Rift but not familiar with how games become supported by it. If the developer doesn't support it, can't a fan develop a mod for Amnesia to support the Rift?  

15. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 18:46 NegaDeath

Last time I played Amnesia it was with the lights turned off and headphones on. I had to stop the game at one point my heart was racing. Haven't gone back to it yet because of backlog but no game has ever done that to me. If the guy ever backports to the Oculus Rift he may need to include heart attack warnings like big rollercoasters do.  

14. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 17:58 MajorD

Quinn wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 16:22:
I love it that so many people here have such a possitive attitude toward Amnesia. I, too, found it the scariest game out there. When I describe the game to people, I always tend to start with "Playing that game wasn't like playing a game; it was preparing yourself mentally to survive the experience, and then holding your breath on the edge of your seat until you could take no more."

I'm looking forward to that same ritual again: Starting at night -- always at night! -- with lights out and headset on, reluctantly clicking that .exe in uncomfortable anticipation.

And now we have squeeling swine-men. *gnashing teeth* I hope I can keep my sanity...

LOL! Don't forget to put on your diapers.

I've been wondering if it will be as scary and as intense to play as TDD. But, from the couple videos I've watched, it looks pretty damn scary and intense..... Nervous

13. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 17:31 Cutter

SirKnight wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:35:
For those of us who have the dev kit and will eventually get the final version, also to help advance/research VR gaming...duh! This isn't that hard to figure out and it would not hurt any non-rift users at all. Of course, what else could I expect from the Internet's Mr. Negative. Dude, you really have issues. Fuck.

Troll harder, troll. Try using some common sense - if you have any, which sounds doubtful. Yeah, we'll all be looking forward to the OR version of this in a few years time, sport. Rolleyes

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 16:44 jdreyer

SirKnight wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 10:46:
If only the dev wasn't so against the Oculus Rift.

Reading this article, I have two observations.

1. It doesn't sounds like he's even tried an OR yet, based on his comments.

2. He's not necessarily opposed to it, just that it shouldn't be a main consideration in game design. And given how few people will initially own these, that makes sense in the short term. I imagine in a few years when lots of ORs are out in the wild, and are proven to be a viable display technology, that he will change his tune.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 16:23 Necrophob

Fion wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 15:26:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 15:16:
*Upon hearing the release date, JDreyer loses control of all bodily functions*

QFT

I'm already getting that familiar pang of worry and fright in my guts, just thinking about it. I'm not super hyped, I doubt they could surpass the most frightening game ever made, but even if they get close I'll love the hell out of it.

Now to force myself to finish The Dark Descent. I was last in the prison level and scared out of my wits.

As to the OR, I can see why they don't want to support it. The lawsuits from the relatives of players who died of pure fright are sure to start racking up otherwise.

I'm so glad I didn't pick up Amnesia when it was $5 on steam. I got System Shock 2, and it's more than scary enough for me :/ I now have a fear of monkeys.

10. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 16:22 Quinn

I love it that so many people here have such a possitive attitude toward Amnesia. I, too, found it the scariest game out there. When I describe the game to people, I always tend to start with "Playing that game wasn't like playing a game; it was preparing yourself mentally to survive the experience, and then holding your breath on the edge of your seat until you could take no more."

I'm looking forward to that same ritual again: Starting at night -- always at night! -- with lights out and headset on, reluctantly clicking that .exe in uncomfortable anticipation.

And now we have squeeling swine-men. *gnashing teeth* I hope I can keep my sanity...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

9. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 15:26 Fion

jdreyer wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 15:16:

QFT

I'm already getting that familiar pang of worry and fright in my guts, just thinking about it. I'm not super hyped, I doubt they could surpass the most frightening game ever made, but even if they get close I'll love the hell out of it.

Now to force myself to finish The Dark Descent. I was last in the prison level and scared out of my wits.

As to the OR, I can see why they don't want to support it. The lawsuits from the relatives of players who died of pure fright are sure to start racking up otherwise.

8. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 15:16 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 14:49 John

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:22:
Anyway, dunno why they didn't target this for closer to Halloween as it would be much more conducive to this genre. Still, hope it's good too. Simply love the title.
Well, if you wait until Halloween to buy it then it might be on Steam's Halloween sale..

This space is available for rent

6. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 13:07 MajorD

I was just thinking about this game yesterday wondering when it would finally be released. At this point they should just spend more time polishing it and release it around Halloween.

Regardless, I am looking forward to it......

5. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 11:35 SirKnight

Cutter wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:22:

What difference would that make? Is the OR coming out in the next 2 weeks or something?

Anyway, dunno why they didn't target this for closer to Halloween as it would be much more conducive to this genre. Still, hope it's good too. Simply love the title.

For those of us who have the dev kit and will eventually get the final version, also to help advance/research VR gaming...duh! This isn't that hard to figure out and it would not hurt any non-rift users at all. Of course, what else could I expect from the Internet's Mr. Negative. Dude, you really have issues. Fuck.

4. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 11:22 Cutter

What difference would that make? Is the OR coming out in the next 2 weeks or something?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 10:46 SirKnight

2. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 10:40 Dagnamit

The delay on this one worries me a little more than other delays. I can't help but think that the Chinese Room got in over their heads a bit. I hope I'm wrong, A:TDD is one of the greats.  

1. Re: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Next Month Aug 16, 2013, 10:18 Cram

Finally.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo