Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 20:37 entr0py

I just realized, this is Rockstar's big chance to finally play the same con on console gamers that they've been playing on PC gamers for the last decade. That is, stay tight lipped about the GTA port that they have planned in hopes that customers will end up buying the game for two platforms. Those talented weasels.

And yeah it's going to work, put me down for an Xbox 360 preorder

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2013, 20:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 18:24 xXBatmanXx

I got a lot of responses for the ps3 for GTA5.....I think I will just buy it on both platforms anyway. I will end up doing it, so might as well do it now while people will be interested in online right away and have fun with it. Even if I spent $400 to get the 2 games, it would still be a deal considering how much I play the games.

So.....see you all online.

PS3: The_XxBatmanXx
360: The xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 15:25 jdreyer

CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:04:
If we see it on PC, I can pretty much guarantee we'll see it on PS4/XBOne (or vice-versa) since the architectures are so similar - and YES, I would purchase it a second time on the PS4.

I'm sure it will appear on all of those platforms. It's money on the table not to.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 15:23 jdreyer

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 10:19:
I think I'm going to just not bother getting GTA5 til it either appears on the PC or PS4. The game looks good but I bet it will have draw distance and other LOD issues like the previous one, they have to be making up that detail somewhere with the limited memory on consoles.

Yup, I've got plenty to do until the PC version comes out. I can wait.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 14:56 CrimsonPaw

John wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 14:44:
They still need to sell a $400 version without Kinect..
I would not be surprised if this was their next move since Kinect is no longer required. In fact, I would be surprised if we DON'T see this within a year of launch.

~~Crim~~

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 14:44 John

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 12:06:
Aaaaaaaand region locking is gone. So what is there left for Microsoft to backscrabble on? We're really running out of things here...
They still need to sell a $400 version without Kinect..

This space is available for rent

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 14:37 NeOCidE

Creston wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 12:06:
Aaaaaaaand region locking is gone. So what is there left for Microsoft to backscrabble on? We're really running out of things here...

Lol. Well... the Xbox one name isn't the greatest. I'm sure MS could do something about that!

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 12:06 Creston

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 11:54 ldonyo

Finally! A free game via Gold that I don't already own!  

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 11:12 nin

CrimsonPaw wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 11:04:
If we see it on PC, I can pretty much guarantee we'll see it on PS4/XBOne (or vice-versa) since the architectures are so similar - and YES, I would purchase it a second time on the PS4.

Agreed on both points.

Tomorrow is officially a month away!!!!!!!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 11:06 Jivaro

Hitman: Absolution is one of this month's PS+ free games. I hadn't played it before, mostly because the reaction to it here seemed fairly "meh" and my Steam backlog is already ridiculous. Now that I have put a small amount of time into it on console I think I might go get it on PC as I am liking it, but I am certain I would like it much more with a mouse and keyboard.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 11:04 CrimsonPaw

~~Crim~~

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 10:26 nin

Rockstar talk GTA 5 on PS4: "We'll see what happens in the future".

Yeah, about March or June...

edit: Great interview, BTW.

Good news for everyone (well, those of us with consoles ) :

The game was demoed on PS3?

Yep.

And, of course, the single-player demo we saw was also demoed on PS3. Is PS3 your lead platform?

Not really. This is probably the first game we've done where both platforms have been running in parallel. There's very, very little difference in the development state of them both. They're both very similar. It would be hard to tell them apart.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 2013, 10:51.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 16, 2013, 10:19 Verno

I think I'm going to just not bother getting GTA5 til it either appears on the PC or PS4. The game looks good but I bet it will have draw distance and other LOD issues like the previous one, they have to be making up that detail somewhere with the limited memory on consoles.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo