Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 17, 2013, 04:01 Flo

Yep, I also think speech recognition will never really work. Unless we get a kick ass A.I. !  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2013, 17:41 Cutter

How completely and utterly ridiculous. Imagine walking into a coffee shop or restaurant, or just walking the streets downtown and everyone is talking to their devices and the devices are talking back. Just picture that for that a minute.

Rolleyes

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2013, 15:20 Verno

I thought he had some great ideas. I would be fine with 5.25 bays being relegated to server case models and the industry should have standardized case power connector pinouts awhile ago. The convention desktop market needs to change, I am looking at a mini-ITX or MicroATX based build for my next one. I want something a bit more portable while still retaining desktop characteristics for use with TV and monitor.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2013, 13:55 jdreyer

I like my desktop the way it is, thank you. No makeover needed. Yes it's big, but it peaks out at 300 watts under load, and to make those parts last, they need to stay cool. It pushes a lot of air, and with big 20cm fans running at slow RPM doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner doing so.

There are a few good ideas there though, like his idea for routing power.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 16, 2013, 12:13 Creston

What point is a computer without a screen? I don't want/need to have every single thing read to me, and we live in a graphical world which you can't do without a screen.

I think their continued journey into voice controls is cool, but the idea that you have a computer that reads your results back to you is really only useful in a tiny handful of situations.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo