Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Game Reviews Aug 17, 2013, 01:22 .Drifter

I've read the Space Hulk review twice now, and personally I think it's a pretty shitty review.
He spends the entire review saying what the game isn't, and what it isn't is apparently a tabletop game where you physically roll dice for your turns, which are apparently played out in a fast paced manner, while sitting across from your opponent whom you're screaming at, freaking out with, and punching while drinking beer with them.

The only real thing I learned about it as a PC game was:
1. Muddy graphics cause it to be hard to see doors, something none of the images posted with the review showed.
2. You can lose a mission you've really won due to game glitches. What glitch? I don't know. He mentions walking through walls and genestealers showing alive when they are not, kinda, but I'm not sure if either was the cause of a loss or not.
3. You cannot turn off the animation, and have to sit through them. This I can see being somewhat valid as a complaint, if they are long, and how that could be annoying after several turns.
4. There's an undo button, which he hates. As you can chose not to use the button, not sure the ire exhibited on this one.
5. You can see the number of genestealers around you when you play multiplayer on one machine, but not over the internet. This I can also see as somewhat valid, however if you're both on the same machine, unless you totally avoid watching your opponent taking their turn I don't see how you could miss where they are and how many there are anyway. Granted, I haven't played the game so I don't have any first hand experience there.

Anywho, based on the review I'm not quite sure if it's a good PC game or not, only that it is based on a tabletop game and that you cannot play it exactly like you would the tabletop game, which apparently makes it bad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2013, 20:22 Reactor

Reading the Space Hulk comments it sounds like it isn't as bad as the review makes out. Apparently Games Workshop, a number of the RPS guys and a lot of fans who beta tested the game thought it was great.  

4. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2013, 19:17 dj LiTh

EU4 is pretty awesome. Gonna sooth my itch until rome2 arrives  

3. Re: Game Reviews Aug 16, 2013, 18:58 Quboid

I clicked on the Gone Home button by mistake, it actually looks interesting. As a low budget indie game they probably wouldn't have been able to afford to buy the score so maybe it actually is good. 14 is a bit much mind you.  

- Quboid

2. Re: Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 17:15 Overon

I'm disappointed reading the Space Hulk review. This looks like another example of a non name developer getting being the lowest bidder on a famous IP and making a piece of shit. Hopefully they release patches that make it better but we shall see.  

1. Re: Space Hulk Aug 16, 2013, 10:35 McSterls

Just finished reading the review and I'd agree with the writer that it looks like a horrible job was done programming this game. What he didn't answer is if all his complaints were fixed in a patch would the game be fun and playable. I hope so, I've been looking forward to this one for a while now.  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo