Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA Online Trailer

Rockstar Games now offers the GTA Online Official Gameplay Video from Grand Theft Auto V, showing co-op and competitive multiplayer support in the open world sequel, and talks of additional official post-release and user-created multiplayer content. Here's word:

Watch the new Official Gameplay Video for Grand Theft Auto Online - which shows how we've taken the fundamental GTA concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and made them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, you'll have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

32. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 19:13 mch

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 18:24:
......wow.....

Be interesting. We need a ps3 vs 360 count here....

I am willing to do both I guess. If people are going to play.

I'll be going PS3...then possibly PC down the line.

PSN: CaseDesignate
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 19:00 Parias

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 18:35:
One thing to be leery about is that the Max Payne 3 MP was/is horrid......

Horrid in a technical sense, or a gameplay sense?

30. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 18:35 xXBatmanXx

One thing to be leery about is that the Max Payne 3 MP was/is horrid......  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

29. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 18:24 xXBatmanXx

......wow.....

Be interesting. We need a ps3 vs 360 count here....

I am willing to do both I guess. If people are going to play.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

28. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 18:03 entr0py

That does look a hell of a lot better than the deathmatch gameplay they had for GTA IV. Also, another reason to wait for the PC version, I'd be shocked if they charge a fee to play online.  

27. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 17:59 dj LiTh

NegaDeath wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 17:49:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 16:43:
Dude, its being released on the same 8 year old hardware with more detail and bigger world, if you honestly believe it will be better then why even get a xb1/ps4 at all right?

Game engines evolve as developers learn to squeeze more power out of the hardware. Compare Mass Effect 1 to 3 for example. It holds true for older consoles as well, like Mario 1 vs Mario 3 or FFIV vs FFVI. New consoles are eventually needed as sooner or later you max out the hardware.

Edit: And in a head smackingly obvious additional example I missed, compared GTA3 to San Andreas.

Well what i have in mind is the 512mb (256 if were talkin ps3) of space that rock star has to populate with textures and a huge field of view, which is indeed bigger then gta4, then i look at gta4 on xb360 and ps3 and i dont see much room for improvement givin the limitations they are under, and certainly not what they are showing in their gameplay vids. Those vids come straight from the programmers pc i have no doubt

26. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 17:49 NegaDeath

Dude, its being released on the same 8 year old hardware with more detail and bigger world, if you honestly believe it will be better then why even get a xb1/ps4 at all right?

Game engines evolve as developers learn to squeeze more power out of the hardware. Compare Mass Effect 1 to 3 for example. It holds true for older consoles as well, like Mario 1 vs Mario 3 or FFIV vs FFVI. New consoles are eventually needed as sooner or later you max out the hardware.

Edit: And in a head smackingly obvious additional example I missed, compared GTA3 to San Andreas.

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2013, 17:55.

25. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 17:25 Kegaro

First thing I thought of while watching the trailer was... This reminds me of APB.

I'll check it out if it ever comes to the PC.

24. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 16:47 jacobvandy

KTR wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 15:56:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 14:12:
considerings just how bad gta4 looks on both older consoles.

Dude, that was 5 years ago...R* did release other games since GTA4, each gradually looking and running better than the game before.

GTA V will be better for the same reasons Skyrim looks and runs better than Oblivion, CODBLOPS 2 looks and runs better than COD4, etc. There is more technology involved with making games than the hardware they run on, and it progresses just as fast.

23. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 16:43 dj LiTh

KTR wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 15:56:

Dude, that was 5 years ago...R* did release other games since GTA4, each gradually looking and running better than the game before.

22. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 15:56 KTR

21. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 15:36 NegaDeath

Well that was.....everything I could ever want.  

20. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 15:14 MattyC

The content creator bit sounds really neat.  

19. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 14:19 nin

I'm really curious just how the 360 and ps3 actually look compared to these 'in-game' trailers. I'm betting my lunch money that they all come from being recorded on a pc's or xb1/ps4, considerings just how bad gta4 looks on both older consoles.

They swore up and down the last trailer (showing SP) was totally PS3, but I agree, it looks a little too good to be on current consoles...

I'm hopeful, but as the same time, I'm not going to be surprised when I fire it up and it looks a lot closer to GTA4.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

18. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 14:19 Yosemite Sam

Looks sweet, might have to get into some multiplayer on this one... didn't really do very much online stuff with 4.

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

17. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 14:12 dj LiTh

I'm really curious just how the 360 and ps3 actually look compared to these 'in-game' trailers. I'm betting my lunch money that they all come from being recorded on a pc's or xb1/ps4, considerings just how bad gta4 looks on both older consoles.  

16. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 13:41 nin

J wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 12:51:
"Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st."

Retail = brick and mortar? What happens if we buy it online?

I want to believe, but my inner skepticism demands answers

Right now, it's PS3 and xbocks only. And I'm pretty sure you can't buy it digitally on PS3 right now...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 13:20 Zyrxil

J wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 12:51:
"Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st."

Retail = brick and mortar? What happens if we buy it online?

I want to believe, but my inner skepticism demands answers

It's an anti-used copy thing. Same as EA online passes, you get it with new copies.

14. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 12:59 Creston

qsto wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 12:51:
16 players

Gathering how hyped everyone is about this, I'd say folks are expecting it to be some type of an MMO. Too bad really. I'm sure it'll be fun though, but I'm definitely saving it out for the inevitable PC version.

It will have character persistence, from the looks of it, just not world persistence. Not sure how else they'd do it anyway. Neither the 360 nor the PS3 have the power to run an MMO of this scale.

13. Re: GTA Online Trailer Aug 15, 2013, 12:51 qsto

16 players

Gathering how hyped everyone is about this, I'd say folks are expecting it to be some type of an MMO. Too bad really. I'm sure it'll be fun though, but I'm definitely saving it out for the inevitable PC version.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo