Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2

505 Games announces that PAYDAY 2 is now available in North America, saying Starbreeze's heist game sequel is available in stores for consoles and via Steam for Windows PCs. Here is a batch of new screenshots and a launch trailer, and word on the release:

The award-winning PAYDAY 2 casts gamers as a member of the infamous Payday crew as they work their way through the biggest, most elaborate heists of their careers using the all new Crime.net system, overseen by the mysterious Bain.

Designed from the ground up to be the ultimate four player, co-operative experience, PAYDAY 2 features four new skill trees – the charismatic Mastermind, the heavy Enforcer, the gadget-crazy Technician and the super stealthy Ghost – which, alongside a versatile weapon modification system and all new mask creator, gives players the chance to live out their fantasy of being a career criminal.

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 14, 2013, 12:17 xXBatmanXx

Is this like the first one? Pubs suck ass?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 14, 2013, 10:03 Ant

Taskeen wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 20:57:
PayDay 2 is legit. If you're fan of movies like HEAT, this game is basically like living and playing a bank robber or heist movie. Very intense, good graphics, awesome realistic sounds, multiple difficulty levels, good RPG-like mechanic with a class based system, AND missions can be completed with stealth or going out with guns blazing, but it requires good communication and team work to accomplish. When you complete missions with stealth you feel incredibly badass.
Hence, why I enjoyed the original game. I wished I had free time to play!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 20:57 Taskeen

PayDay 2 is legit. If you're fan of movies like HEAT, this game is basically like living and playing a bank robber or heist movie. Very intense, good graphics, awesome realistic sounds, multiple difficulty levels, good RPG-like mechanic with a class based system, AND missions can be completed with stealth or going out with guns blazing, but it requires good communication and team work to accomplish. When you complete missions with stealth you feel incredibly badass.  

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 17:45 Aero

Here's a video of people doing it right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8laN48HxPU

(You can skip the first 10 minutes).

27. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 15:53 Creston

Flatline wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 15:48:
I don't know what game they were playing, but it wasn't the game I played in the Beta.

I linked the video.

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 15:52 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 15:34:
Well the beta was for people who preordered the more expensive version of the game.
I guess it was free if you had friends with extra beta invites.
I did not try it and from the videos the game looks kinda fun if you have 3 friends to play with.

Apparently it was also free to people who owned Payday 1 at some point too, it was in my Steam list the other day then I saw the announcement, I just hadn't noticed it before. Anyways really torn on this game, my group needs something new to play but none of us cared for the first one so we're pretty hesitant.

Oh well it can always wait for a sale.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 15:48 Flatline

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 14:38:
nin wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 13:52:
because apparently SWAT is recruited from the mentally handicapped ward?

Stormtrooper Academy of Shooting?

Something like that. It was ridiculous. They were out in the open, the entire street was filled with SWAT guys, and they were never getting hit. Edit: Watched that part again, they ARE getting hit, but it apparently does little to no damage. No idea if that was a dev mode thing or something. What I assumed was their health bars were slooooooooooooooowly counting down from 100 / 150. Like falling by 1 every two seconds slowly.

The narrating dev kept shouting at his buddies to "stay behind the Enforcer (guy with the body armor)!" as if wearing body armor somehow made him this bullet-absorbing black hole that would safeguard everyone else by force of his sheer presence. I guess SWAT in Payday is armed with a Volquartsen .22?

I wouldn't mind it so much if that was a rare occurence, but judging by their video the heist can go bad in a million different ways (they got ganked because a pedestrian saw them sticking up the bank and called the cops), and then it's immediately SWAT-Zerg.

Bleh.

I don't know what game they were playing, but it wasn't the game I played in the Beta.

In the beta the cops *never* missed, it was a question of reaction time, and one SWAT cop could probably hit you six or seven times on full auto before you could start to return fire. Plus, your health is paper thin- in the Beta they actually had to default to give everyone armor because you'd die in about 4 bullet hits otherwise.

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 15:34 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 14:04:
I wish I had realized the beta was free,
Well the beta was for people who preordered the more expensive version of the game.
I guess it was free if you had friends with extra beta invites.
I did not try it and from the videos the game looks kinda fun if you have 3 friends to play with.

Steam: SpectralMeat

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 14:40 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 14:04:
See I was just about on board with getting this but then I hear stuff like that. That sounds exactly like the first game which was a shooting gallery with shallow mechanics and half baked heist stuff.

I based all that off of one video, though, so don't take my word for it. Here's the video I watched.

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 14:38 Creston

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 13:52:

Something like that. It was ridiculous. They were out in the open, the entire street was filled with SWAT guys, and they were never getting hit. Edit: Watched that part again, they ARE getting hit, but it apparently does little to no damage. No idea if that was a dev mode thing or something. What I assumed was their health bars were slooooooooooooooowly counting down from 100 / 150. Like falling by 1 every two seconds slowly.

The narrating dev kept shouting at his buddies to "stay behind the Enforcer (guy with the body armor)!" as if wearing body armor somehow made him this bullet-absorbing black hole that would safeguard everyone else by force of his sheer presence. I guess SWAT in Payday is armed with a Volquartsen .22?

I wouldn't mind it so much if that was a rare occurence, but judging by their video the heist can go bad in a million different ways (they got ganked because a pedestrian saw them sticking up the bank and called the cops), and then it's immediately SWAT-Zerg.

Bleh.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2013, 14:44.

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 14:13 The Half Elf

I think someone mentioned they had a 4 pack and wanted to sell the last copy of the game. I'll take it if ya don't mind holding onto it until the weekend (thank god back to work Wed, and tips flowing in!)

Steam name
CptRanger

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 14:09 Wowbagger_TIP

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:01:
Ozmodan wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:40:
Why is it people enjoy playing a thug? I think you need a warped personality to write a game like that and to play it.

The 80's called and wants their Church Lady back.

Oz seems to reliably pop in to give us a good finger-wagging for any game like this.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 14:04 Verno

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 13:48:
Watched the devs play a mission and fuck up royally (mostly because they were stupid,) and then their "realism game" it turned into a giant "four guys take out 300 SWAT without ever getting hit" because apparently SWAT is recruited from the mentally handicapped ward?

I can see how it could be fun if you have a good team and everything goes smoothly, but the shooting portion was just terrible.

See I was just about on board with getting this but then I hear stuff like that. That sounds exactly like the first game which was a shooting gallery with shallow mechanics and half baked heist stuff.

Some people say its improved but then I hear from others its the same. I wish I had realized the beta was free, I was playing other shit and somehow missed out. Oh well, I guess I will wait for a sale or maybe try to jump in on a 4 pack.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 13:52 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 13:48 Creston

Watched the devs play a mission and fuck up royally (mostly because they were stupid,) and then their "realism game" it turned into a giant "four guys take out 300 SWAT without ever getting hit" because apparently SWAT is recruited from the mentally handicapped ward?

I can see how it could be fun if you have a good team and everything goes smoothly, but the shooting portion was just terrible.

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 13:37 LesCaster

Why is it people enjoy playing a thug? I think you need a warped personality to write a game like that and to play it.

I'd say it's a warped personality that can't distinguish between real life and a game and thus finds problems with playing the game.

I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness.

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 12:37 Prez

Morality policing aside, as far as the game goes, the beta felt great to play. The shooting feels tighter than in the first, the audio is excellent, and the graphics look spiffier. Even though no one is going to mistake a tweaked Source engine for Unreal 4, devs are still managing to get the most out of the source engine, which considering its age is remarkable.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 12:12 nin

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:01:

"Well isn't that special..."

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 12:09 Prez

Better in a completely fake and unrealistic videogame than in real life.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - PAYDAY 2 Aug 13, 2013, 12:01 HorrorScope

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo