Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Was just raving yesterday with friends about the awesomeness that was Badger's Star Trek script in the new Breaking Bad. Then Ant sent in a reddit link to an animated version of the script done by one Matt Czap. Like Skinny Pete, I found the whole thing delightful.

Skinny Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Human Chop.
Zombie TD.
Media: StarTalk Radio: Viral Lightning Round with Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Breaking Bad - The Musical (How to Make Meth).
Open Letter to Students.
How To Test a AA battery. Thanks The Flying Penguin.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 06:11 Hoop

You guys should check out the Badger's Star Trek script in the new Breaking Bad.
Really funny

Um .. Behind you...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2013, 01:46 dj LiTh

Incase anyone is interested here's the vpn i use. Its a company out of malaysia and they have servers all over europe (including netherlands) and canada/america etc. I pretty much use them whenever i need to download something and be safe or watch something thats blocked in germany. I have a 30mbit connection and when i connect to netherlands i normally get 25-28mbit, for america (from germany) i normally get about 15-22'ish, so their speeds are solid. BolehVPN

Also just want to be honest here, i'm using my referral code as a link, but this actually gives you more free days the longer you sign up (sign up 1month get 4days etc).

34. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 20:19 Will W

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 19:48:
I'm guessing promotional deal for the preseason games. Will check back when i sign up

History says no, but no guarantee. It was season long last year. No guarantee how long it will go for (says so right on their page) this season, but I was able to watch 4 games at once + red zone + NFL network from my "vacation home" in the netherlands last year.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 20:16 Will W

How it works, specifically, is that the NFL is trying to grow their brand in Europe and doesn't have a distribution deal in the Netherlands. So....they give away Football for free...costs them nothing, or a minimal number of Netherlands subscribers to try and get a bigger fan base. It's like playing a game in England....

VPN is the key word here. I'm not tech support, but I'll at least return a couple e-mails if you need advice on how to watch your local teams during cable/CBS arguments......

32. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 19:48 dj LiTh

I'm guessing promotional deal for the preseason games. Will check back when i sign up  

31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 19:34 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 18:59:
Will W wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 17:46:
Don't know who will check comments this late in the day...but if anyone is interested NFL game pass (Sunday ticket for non-us IP addresses) is free if your IP address is in the Netherlands.

In other news, I had good experiences with Strong VPN last year.

What? How does that work exactly?!

I would assume it has something to do with their laws and tv?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

30. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 18:59 Cutter

Don't know who will check comments this late in the day...but if anyone is interested NFL game pass (Sunday ticket for non-us IP addresses) is free if your IP address is in the Netherlands.

What? How does that work exactly?!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 18:33 dj LiTh

Boleh VPN user here, love it! Keeps me out of trouble in germania.....netherlands ya say huh?

28. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 17:46 Will W

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 17:08 nin

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 16:52:
nin wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:44:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:41:
Badgers Star Trek script incase you dont watch breaking bad...its pretty hillarious

I think you win the "nin" award for posting/emailing something Blue already posted - congrats!

Lol i totally didnt even catch that

I'll just say Blue has been very kind in the numerous instances where I email him something he just posted 5 minutes previously.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

26. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 16:52 dj LiTh

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:44:
dj LiTh wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:41:
Badgers Star Trek script incase you dont watch breaking bad...its pretty hillarious

I think you win the "nin" award for posting/emailing something Blue already posted - congrats!

Lol i totally didnt even catch that

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 16:49 xXBatmanXx

I want to get Hammerwatch http://store.steampowered.com/app/239070/ Anyone interested in it? I have 4 friends that want it, but would like to do co-op..... Updated old school Gauntlet type game with RPG elements.....looks like a HUGE time sink....  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 15:33 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 14:50:
As long as it's free and keeps track of our group I'm sure everyone will like it, just wish they opened it up early for registrations.

It is free, and ANON. It is usually open, so I don't know what the deal is.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 14:50 Verno

As long as it's free and keeps track of our group I'm sure everyone will like it, just wish they opened it up early for registrations.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 14:40 xXBatmanXx

Blue wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:45:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:58:
http://www.beattheinsiders.com/

Isn't open yet, but I made a Bluesnews group last year, no one joined. Would be super easy to do it this way.

That seems perfect. I think we should do it that way.

Locks down at kickoff, keeps track of everyone vs the pros, and if you miss your picks, you can pick 1 of 3-5 pros to pick for you.....

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 14:25 Cutter

nin wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 13:33:
Hello, Elder Scrolls Online beta test...

Damn, only 3 hours...

Dammit, where's my invite? Shit sake I wish their site would show a confirmation for signups. I so want to see Elsweyr and the Black Marsh.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the test is only 3 hours long?

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2013, 17:05.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 13:33 nin

Hello, Elder Scrolls Online beta test...

Damn, only 3 hours...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:53 Creston

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 12:26:
Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:28:

Who actually won last year? It was Jivaro, wasn't it? Shakefist

I think Jivaro and I had top spots followed by Blue and I can't remember who else. It was kinda skewed because a bunch of us joined in during the season.

Did we have anyone who was actually worse than Collinsworth? I don't think we did.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:45  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:58:
http://www.beattheinsiders.com/

Isn't open yet, but I made a Bluesnews group last year, no one joined. Would be super easy to do it this way.

That seems perfect. I think we should do it that way.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:26 Verno

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:28:

Who actually won last year? It was Jivaro, wasn't it? Shakefist

I think Jivaro and I had top spots followed by Blue and I can't remember who else. It was kinda skewed because a bunch of us joined in during the season.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo