Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Was just raving yesterday with friends about the awesomeness that was Badger's Star Trek script in the new Breaking Bad. Then Ant sent in a reddit link to an animated version of the script done by one Matt Czap. Like Skinny Pete, I found the whole thing delightful.

Skinny Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Human Chop.
Zombie TD.
Media: StarTalk Radio: Viral Lightning Round with Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Breaking Bad - The Musical (How to Make Meth).
Open Letter to Students.
How To Test a AA battery. Thanks The Flying Penguin.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 12:14 Dmitri_M

InBlack wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:32:
mch wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 09:55:
Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 09:20:
That was probably the worst scene in all of Breaking Bad history. It was pointless. The whole time I was thinking that maybe they were building to Jesse coming into the room and shooting those two dead. There has to be an incredible pay off for sitting through this.

...they made an entire episode out of Walt and Jesse chasing a fly around the lab.

That was one of my favorite episodes.

I loved that episode too..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 11:58 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:14:
Since we're starting to get close to that time, how did you guys want to do the football pool this year? I remember Batman mentioned some site last year or we could always do a shared google docs spreadsheet (I think most people have a google account) with a time lock to prevent post editing.

ps - Jets are going all the way this year.

http://www.beattheinsiders.com/

Isn't open yet, but I made a Bluesnews group last year, no one joined. Would be super easy to do it this way.

Looking for another stellar year from AP, but I am thinking it is the Broncos year.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2013, 12:08.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 11:46 Cutter

Well the Packers are starting off the season with 20 guys on the injured roster already, sigh. But...2011 saw them start off with 16 guys on the list and they almost had a perfect season, so who knows?

Seeing as this always seems to be the case it makes me wonder if the organization doesn't need to change up their strength and conditioning people. It never ceases to amaze me how they always seem to have so many guys injured in pre-season.

I don't expect any major shakeups this year, and it'll probably resemble last year a great deal. Way too early to say who'll be taking it all - I'll just be happy if Rodgers gets some goddamned pass protection - but it sure as hell won't be the Jets.

Ahoy

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 11:44 nin

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 11:41:
Badgers Star Trek script incase you dont watch breaking bad...its pretty hillarious

I think you win the "nin" award for posting/emailing something Blue already posted - congrats!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 11:41 dj LiTh

Badgers Star Trek script incase you dont watch breaking bad...its pretty hillarious  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 11:28 Creston

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Rotfl

Sorry, figured I'd get that out of the way first.

Since we're starting to get close to that time, how did you guys want to do the football pool this year? I remember Batman mentioned some site last year or we could always do a shared google docs spreadsheet (I think most people have a google account) with a time lock to prevent post editing.

Who actually won last year? It was Jivaro, wasn't it? Shakefist

a Google doc would work, or maybe Blue can post a spreadsheet on the site that we can use? Heck, maybe just a forum post that's up all year and that we can go back and edit? (though I guess that would mean you could edit after the fact, hmmm.)

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 11:02 Verno

Jivaro wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:31:
I was cool with how casual we did it last year, but if we are going to get more "serious", a time-lock google doc is a pretty good idea.

I just wasn't sure how much work that was for Blue and if he wanted to keep doing it or not. I'm cool with whatever!

lol, one of the best jokes ever. It's an old one, I've been hearing it for years.....but it's still funny every time someone tells it. :-)

A man can dream

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:54 Will W

lol, one of the best jokes ever. It's an old one, I've been hearing it for years.....but it's still funny every time someone tells it. :-)

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:51 mch

InBlack wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 10:32:

Same here!

Even though I've never been a huge Star Trek fan, I still loved the Badger/Skinny Pete scene from Sunday. Those two crack me up, though, so that might be why. I thought it did a good job of showing Jesse's mental state, too.

PSN: CaseDesignate

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:32 InBlack

mch wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 09:55:
That was probably the worst scene in all of Breaking Bad history. It was pointless. The whole time I was thinking that maybe they were building to Jesse coming into the room and shooting those two dead. There has to be an incredible pay off for sitting through this.

...they made an entire episode out of Walt and Jesse chasing a fly around the lab.

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:31 Jivaro

I was cool with how casual we did it last year, but if we are going to get more "serious", a time-lock google doc is a pretty good idea.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:21 MajorD

Was just raving yesterday with friends about the awesomeness that was Badger's Star Trek script in the new Breaking Bad.

Yeah, we finally got around to watching it last night, and I was thinking the same thing as to how well done/executed the Star Trek script was. The episode ended pretty intense too....

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 10:14 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 09:55 mch

PSN: CaseDesignate

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 09:20 Dmitri_M

Perhaps it's just my brain automatically blocking anything containing the words "star trek".

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2013, 08:31 Efflixi

The battery test thing is ingenious. The only problem I see is that he is testing a pretty much dead battery vs a brand new one. I'd bet the difference between two used batteries (but not dead) would be hard to tell.  

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo