Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday

Time for an ever-popular announcement of an announcement, as Rockstar Games has word to expect a Grand Theft Auto Online gameplay video on Thursday along with previews of Grand Theft Auto V. Word is: "Look for the world premiere of the official GTA Online Gameplay Video as well as coverage of first press previews here at the Newswire and at rockstargames.com/GTAOnline this Thursday, August 15th."

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 13, 2013, 13:05 Creston

InBlack wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 03:37:
Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 18:35:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 16:26:
This is just what they're calling the online portion of GTA V right?

Seems to be, yeah.

So....I dont wanna rain on anyone's parade or anything. But why would they choose a different name for the multiplayer portion of GTA unless there is a monetary fee attached to it? (Maybe they plan to sell it seperately? Or maybe its some kind of F2P model?) Its all very suspicious to me but then again Im that kind of person. I never bought and played GTA4 because it took so long to come to the PC and when it did all I heard about it was how godawful a port it was. GTA Vice City is one of my favorite games of all time though.

Probably because it'll have persistence, and they want to draw in the CoD online crowd to their game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 13, 2013, 09:27 Quinn

How is this an announcement of an announcement?  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

36. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 13, 2013, 08:54 Verno

I usually stick to a gamepad, the aiming is so easy with a mouse and they are not balanced around it at all, it just makes them piss easy.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 13, 2013, 08:38 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 20:56:
GTA and Saint's Row occupy a weird space in my game collection - for the shooting I use KB+M but as I hit E to hijack a car I switch to gamepad to drive.

I was the same way with flight in SR3. Thankfully, you could easily switch back and forth...

Same.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 13, 2013, 03:37 InBlack

Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 18:35:

Seems to be, yeah.

So....I dont wanna rain on anyone's parade or anything. But why would they choose a different name for the multiplayer portion of GTA unless there is a monetary fee attached to it? (Maybe they plan to sell it seperately? Or maybe its some kind of F2P model?) Its all very suspicious to me but then again Im that kind of person. I never bought and played GTA4 because it took so long to come to the PC and when it did all I heard about it was how godawful a port it was. GTA Vice City is one of my favorite games of all time though.

I have a nifty blue line!

33. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 22:35 nin

Lorcin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 22:15:
GTA and Saint's Row occupy a weird space in my game collection - for the shooting I use KB+M but as I hit E to hijack a car I switch to gamepad to drive.

I was the same way with flight in SR3. Thankfully, you could easily switch back and forth...

Yeah unless your shooting takes >10 mins and when you jump in a vehicle you realize your controller has powered down and turning it on crashes the game. No lie happened today - probably cause I smacked the xbox button with accelerate already held down.

Wow! Guess I was lucky enough not to have that happen...closest I ever got was a debug menu one time...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 22:15 Lorcin

Yeah unless your shooting takes >10 mins and when you jump in a vehicle you realize your controller has powered down and turning it on crashes the game. No lie happened today - probably cause I smacked the xbox button with accelerate already held down.

31. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 21:39 Zyrxil

Lorcin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 20:35:
I have 0 interest in GTA V on PC simply because Rockstar's ports are garbage.

I hope you guys are right and it comes to next gen before PC because I wanna play the game, I hate the PS3 load times and know it'll be a slideshow on my PC.

GTA and Saint's Row occupy a weird space in my game collection - for the shooting I use KB+M but as I hit E to hijack a car I switch to gamepad to drive. Only games I remember using both - even borderlands I drive on KB+M but they do some weird snap to mouse steering!

From the videos, it looks like the same version of the RAGE engine as Max Payne 3, which ran quite well on PCs.

30. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 20:56 nin

29. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 20:35 Lorcin

I have 0 interest in GTA V on PC simply because Rockstar's ports are garbage.

I hope you guys are right and it comes to next gen before PC because I wanna play the game, I hate the PS3 load times and know it'll be a slideshow on my PC.

GTA and Saint's Row occupy a weird space in my game collection - for the shooting I use KB+M but as I hit E to hijack a car I switch to gamepad to drive. Only games I remember using both - even borderlands I drive on KB+M but they do some weird snap to mouse steering!

28. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 19:35 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 15:05:
Drayth wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 14:35:
RC Helicopter mission in Vice... ungh

I got through the first one of those recently surprisingly easily. Now I'm stuck a few missions later where you use the minigun on the chopper before landing and storming a building. Precise aiming seems impossible, using the gamepad.

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 14:40:
I don't think it was much harder over all than GTA IV though, I replayed that stupid last mission in IV about 10 times (which probably took like 4 hours total because of the driving sequence).

Yeah, that last one was a bitch...

I just played through it 2x the last few weeks (xbox and ps3) and the hardest mission on 4 is when you have to protect that dude at the handoff, they get jacked, then you have to chase them. When they wreck I always forget to hold back and blow it uip with RPG.

I beat the game in like 12 hours? I just use taxis everywhere, RPGs on everything, and buy armour.

The other one (if you don't manipulate it) is when you have to clear out that abandon warehouse by the water and then get out of there. If you go around back, it is easy. THen run out back and get in car, cops chase, easy get away.

The boat missions sometimes suck.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

27. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 19:33 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 11:37:
Creston wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 11:28:
nin wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 11:17:
5 weeks!!!!!!!

Come on, nin, don't be modest. I know you have a countdown somewhere that's accurate to the minute.

I started to play San Andreas the other night and had forgotten how unforgiving it was, compared to 4. I hope they don't backtrack too much. The fact that stats are back in (like San Andreas) makes me wonder...

Yea holding those areas was hard as hell....

26. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 19:16 jacobvandy

Flying the chopper or RC heli in GTA games on a keyboard is not much different than doing so in Battlefield or whatever, so maybe my experience with that helped me... Never had a huge issue with the construction site bombing, for instance, in Vice City, it's just a matter of not getting distracted mowing down the guards and going over the time limit.  

25. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 18:51 jimnms

GTA: SA was my first GTA, well other than GTA1. A friend talked me into giving it a try, so I did. I still have the original disk, the one with the "hot coffee" in it. I later bought a GTA Complete pack on Steam several sales ago (before GTA IV ever came out), and I just couldn't play GTA III and Vice City. It wasn't because they were hard, it's because the controls were so shitty compared to SA. I hate 3rd person games enough as it is, but with the free camera in SA and IV, it is playable. In III and VC, the camera is fixed, and there is some weird mouse acceleration going on that made aiming impossible.

I don't remember story missions GTA SA being any harder than IV. I don't remember failing or having trouble with missions in either game, except for the RC missions in SA, those were a bitch. I completed SA to 100% twice, using only KB + Mouse. I never bothered to complete IV to 100% because the reward for 100% in IV wasn't worth it.

A lot of people bitch about the social shit in GTA IV, but to me that was easier to handle than in SA. It's completely optional in both games, but in GTA IV it's easier to maintain if you want the perks a friend provides. In GTA IV, once you get to the level where they give you their perk, you don't have to do anything with them anymore. When they call you, just agree to what they want, then call them right back and cancel, and your rep with them doesn't change.

In GTA SA, the only two girlfriends I bothered with were the nurse and cop, so you could keep your stuff if you die and get out of jail free without losing your weapons. Getting them to date you was a bit of a challenge, because I think one liked you skinny and the other liked you fat. You either had to collect those damn oysters or wear nice clothes and find a car that boosts your sex appeal stat enough. Once you started dating them and got their perk, it was a bitch to maintain because you had little control over it. If you don't take them out after a while, they call you and you have to drop what you are doing and go take them out or you risk getting dumped and losing their perk.

I guess a couple of things made IV a little easier. Getting killed in IV didn't remove your weapons like in SA (unless you are dating the nurse). The auto save is nice, so you didn't have to go to a safe house and manually save. I thought losing wanted levels was a little easier in SA too. There were those pickups that removed a star, but I think as long as you were 4 stars or less, just staying out of sight long enough would make it go away. You could drive into a pay-n-spray in full view of the cops and lose any wanted level, and you could go into a safe house and save to lose the wanted levels. In IV, at least you had to be out of sight before a pay-n-spray removed your wanted level. There were easy ways to lose wanted levels in IV, just not as many. Getting into the underground subway would let you get out of the search radius without being seen, but that only worked on the one island with the underground subways. I think you could still go in a safe house, save then load the game to remove wanted levels too.

Steam Profile

24. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 18:35 Creston

Seems to be, yeah.

23. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 17:05 CrimsonPaw

Yups - I suspect there's going to be a bit more persistence to the world this time though (taking a nod from COD and Battlefield). Regardless it's ALMOST LESS THAN 1 MONTH AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
~~Crim~~

22. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 16:26 DangerDog

21. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 15:55 Cutter

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 15:28 nin

Drayth wrote on Aug 12, 2013, 15:23:
Yeah, I think using mouse + keyboard in that mission in the past has been part of the problem..

Yeah, years ago, using a keyboard, that mission was a nightmare. But using the ps3 controller now, the controls are almost identical to flying a chopper in GTA4.

19. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 15:23 Drayth

Yeah, I think using mouse + keyboard in that mission in the past has been part of the problem..

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo