Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

7 Days to Die Kickstarted

The Kickstarter campaign for 7 Days to Die shows this zombie survival game proposed by The Fun Pimps Entertainment has reached its funding goals with time to spare, as there's more than a week to go in the fundraiser. They say the game is also currently number one on Steam Greenlight, but we can't find any listing of such rankings. This "open world, voxel-based, sandbox game" is nearing its first stretch goal of $250K, and they have potential rewards scaling all the way up to twice that sum.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 17:48 Cutter

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 14:55:
As if a publisher would even take a call from a random indie startup named "The Fun Pimps?" Get real.

Which is precisely why I wouldn't back them either - and the fact that their game holds zero interest for me as well.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 17:02 jacobvandy

Obviously the Greenlight project creators can see how many votes they've received, so might be there's a ranking that just isn't available for public viewing. Or they compare with other people who are sharing their figures. Like a private Steam group for indie devs: "W00t, 65k votes so far!" "We got 70k, so suck it!"

IIRC, the devs of Chasm said they had 75k votes when they were Greenlit, so 7 Days to Die is definitely up there.

13. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 16:43 Julio

I'm already in on this one, it just looks like too much fun to pass up.  

12. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 16:25 Raven

That's because there is no listing of Steam Greenlight rankings.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32641587&postcount=10

11. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 15:26 Will W

I'm not a fan of more zombie games, but I actually think this looks like it could be a fun game right up my ally. Very minecraft-esque. That said, I wonder if they're taking too much on....I think this may have to be my first kickstarter.  

10. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 15:25 Necrophob

Some interesting videos of the game:

rhinocrunch

9. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 14:56 Xirix

This is why I love Blue's News...I really want this game on Steam now.  

8. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 14:55 jacobvandy

As if a publisher would even take a call from a random indie startup named "The Fun Pimps?" Get real.  

7. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 13:27 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 11:55:
I thought the whole idea of Kickstarter was so that it could be used to fund games that otherwise would never see the light of day.
Well, by kickstarting, they can make the game they want without publisher interference. And they get to keep more of the profits. Honestly, this is a risky game design, as it doesn't fit any of the current genres that publishers typically back.

Yet Another Zombie Game? Yeah, no publisher would have forked over the money for that! Rolleyes
Who knows, maybe publishers said the same thing?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 11:55 Creston

I thought the whole idea of Kickstarter was so that it could be used to fund games that otherwise would never see the light of day.

Yet Another Zombie Game? Yeah, no publisher would have forked over the money for that! Rolleyes

5. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 11:52 Necrophob

I thought the same thing, but the game looks compelling to me. It's basically just Minecraft with a prettier engine, and guns. It looks like it'll be a blast multiplayer.  

4. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 11:00 Ozmodan

Enough on the zombie games, geez do any of this companies have any inspiration to come up with something different?

Bunch of losers if you ask me.

3. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 09:51 InBlack

More zombies? Bleh...  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 09:25 Necrophob

Damn...I ignored this when I first saw it pop up on kickstarter, and didn't even bother to watch the pitch video. It actually looks really good.  

1. Re: 7 Days to Die Kickstarted Aug 7, 2013, 09:13 Verno

Actually looks pretty cool but I stopped kickstarting stuff awhile ago, oh well I'll pick it up on Steam.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo