Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command & Conquer Trailer

A second Beyond the Battle trailer offers a further behind-the-scenes look at the development of a new Command & Conquer at Victory Games (part one was released in May). Here's word on what this shows of the real-time-strategy revival: "In Part 2 of Beyond the Battle, we take a look at the development of an iconic GLA unit for the new Command & Conquer -- from concept to art production to implementation. Join us behind the scenes for new reveals, never before seen footage, and exclusive interviews from the lead developers of Victory Games." Thanks Ant.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 09:23 jacobvandy

As long as there is a decent variety of [large] maps, along with no bullshit restrictions to unit availability or etc., and I can play with 5+ AI in skirmish mode, I'll be happy. The way I see it, is it's easy to avoid the "pay-to-win" stuff, if I'm not trying to win over other players! But if AI get such advantages...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 08:54 Verno

I'll definitely check it out, price is right. Just hope they don't go super lame with the pay2win stuff.  

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

9. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 08:19 RollinThundr

durandal wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 22:21:
I loved C&C series for their singleplayer campaigns, so imbalance of factions/units didn't bother me much, but I can understand the frustration of competitive players in last few installments.
That is why the announcements of this new C&C being multiplayer-only concerns me greatly... These guys at EALA (now Bioware) cannot make a balanced game, nor even stable multiplayer experience for that matter.

EALA is no more, EA closed Danger Close after both MOH games bombed pretty much, which was the remnants of EALA. Victory Games, formerly Bioware Victory, is working on this iteration of C&C

8. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 05:28 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 02:39:
They'll have to work for it.
But not THAT much. You know, it's F2P where good quality is a major commercial risk

7. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 02:39 Jerykk

I'm pretty sure this is going to have better post-release support than any of the previous C&C games. It's F2P, which is basically a service and I think EA has enough sense to realize that they'll have to support the game if they want it to succeed. Unlike the previous games, they won't get your $50 up front. They'll have to work for it.  

6. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 01:30 Fantaz

I've sunk well over a thousand hours into Generals and Zero Hour multiplayer back in the day. Looking forward to this! Hopefully there won't be any latency or disconnect issues that plagued those games... netcode wasn't the greatest.  

5. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 5, 2013, 23:48 SirKnight

durandal wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 22:21:
I loved C&C series for their singleplayer campaigns, so imbalance of factions/units didn't bother me much, but I can understand the frustration of competitive players in last few installments.
That is why the announcements of this new C&C being multiplayer-only concerns me greatly... These guys at EALA (now Bioware) cannot make a balanced game, nor even stable multiplayer experience for that matter.

Actually this game is going to have a SP campaign after all. Which is good because I could care less about multiplayer C&C. This is one of those games that's just best left to SP. But of course, it's harder for them to nickle-and-dime people that way.

4. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 5, 2013, 22:21 durandal

3. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 5, 2013, 22:12 s1mon75

Pay to Play? No Thanks EA.

There are plenty of other games out there worthy of both my time and money

2. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 5, 2013, 21:28 Cyanotetyphas

I don't need to see how the sausage is made, personally.

There may be gaping balance holes but being able to engineer rush is part of the fun.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

1. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 5, 2013, 20:37 JohnBirshire

These games are worthless, they can't make a balanced or competitive game to save their lives. Worked back in the day, but the gaming community has changed since then, that's why they will never again be successful. I loved the original and Red Alert, but those days are long gone unfortunately.  

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo