Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 10:35 InBlack

600% of what? How the fuck do you even quantify AI? It either works or its broken.  

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 10:22 HorrorScope

Ok.... let me bring in Matlock logic.

1. So you say the AI is based off gathering data from other drivers on the net.
2. What if those drivers are worse than the AI you could program or under your standards? Could it be possible then that the AI is 600% more stupid?
3. Can you not just take drivers from your office and have them race and capture their capabilities and put them into Forza as your AI, that way you won't have to program the complex routines to capturing others on the net and bringing them into game? And random issues with just taking random anonymous net drivers? Doesn't this have the chance of going terribly wrong?
4. Couldn't you hire professional drivers to ensure better AI then random internet drivers on the net or in your office?

I'll just have to see this one to believe it. Like the Milo Mega Scanner... just swipe a paper in front of kinect... the Xbox will bring it in instantly and Milo can read anything from it. Amazing!

I mean if a 360 has the processing power to do that the One has to be able to handle racing AI.

I'm also not convinced that local HW isn't more capable of better AI. It's the humans that need to program that in, which they tell me simply is very difficult to do and I think ROI is the issue not power. So just having more processing power doesn't make programming said AI easier.

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 10:13 MindStalker3

Article summary is NOT even what he said.

"So we can now make our AI instead of just being 20%, 10% of the box's capability, we can make it 600% of the box's capability,"

Meaning he can offload processing to something that is 6 times as powerful as your set top box. Sure, its possible, though I doubt MS would allow you to do such in any more than small burst.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 09:54 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 09:50:
More PR bullshit.
I love Forza and respect the devs but this cloud crap is getting on my nerves.
One of the commenter in that article says:

And this is why I want an always online future, I want my games to improve by not having to upgrade all the time with a new console or PC but through data online which can do the processing.

Some people are just born to suck up whatever crap is spewed from marketing departments. It's hilarious how people don't even know how transparent it is, "always online future", dude sounds like a walking commercial.

I even see Kinect defenders on forums which is hilarious because as a gaming peripheral it has totally failed the core market in every way possible. "Just think of what it can do, the technology is amazing!" uhh ok, what good is it aside from dancing games again? Nothing? Ok. Microsoft themselves can barely be bothered to support it with first party stuff.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 09:51 RenownWolf

The 600% number is just out of nowhere, but, it is possible for AI to be improved simply by offloading processing of previous races against thousands of players to the servers.

Just means they get to externally crunch mass amounts of data to improve the AI, then send the information back to the console. It's not going to be amazing, but the AI will learn from many players at once, and share its data.

Then again, it all depends how they use the data =)

http://www.renownwolf.com

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 09:50 SpectralMeat

More PR bullshit.
I love Forza and respect the devs but this cloud crap is getting on my nerves.
One of the commenter in that article says

And this is why I want an always online future, I want my games to improve by not having to upgrade all the time with a new console or PC but through data online which can do the processing.

Dude wake the fuck up!!

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 09:32 xXBatmanXx

nm  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 09:24 Verno

Xbox One cloud processing gives Forza 5 600% more AI capability, says dev.

Forza dev says Blast Processing provides 5000% more stuff for their thingie than the competitions thingie!

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 09:24 nin

Xbox One cloud processing gives Forza 5 600% more AI capability, says dev.

Does anybody really believe this shit??

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo