Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Watch Dogs Trailer

A new trailer from Watch Dogs highlights the participation of Aisha Tyler in Watch Dogs, the upcoming third-person phoner. The oddly low-resolution clip shows off some gameplay in a scenario where Aisha can't escape the danger zone. Word is: "In the Watch Dogs universe, non-playable characters bring richness and depth to the bustling city of Chicago, and today, we’re highlighting a particularly memorable citizen. As unveiled during the Watch Dogs panel at San Diego Comic-Con, actress, gamer and comedian, Aisha Tyler, makes her Watch Dogs debut."

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 09:13 Verno

Denthor wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 19:28:
If it was as simple as "wrong boxes checked" why have they not uploaded a fixed version. If it truly is in game footage surely it'd only take 5 mins to recapture then overlay the previous sound track.

Im to cynical.

Marketing stuff actually takes time to put together and you've probably noticed the number of repeating content for this particular game because they're in crunch. It's not worth rolling out a fixed trailer that 20 people care about when they will be doing a whole new round of stuff for the launch.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Aug 1, 2013, 19:28 Denthor

If it was as simple as "wrong boxes checked" why have they not uploaded a fixed version. If it truly is in game footage surely it'd only take 5 mins to recapture then overlay the previous sound track.

Im to cynical.

28. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Aug 1, 2013, 08:47 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 17:05:
I call BS and think that the majority of us will be underwhelmed....f that "checking the wrong boxes" it is an official item.

Uhh, watch the video, it's obviously not. Not sure what you're calling BS on here, they aren't scamming you or something. Ubisoft has considerable experience crafting breathtaking engines, where they usually falter is in the gameplay. Was Far Cry 3 BS? Were the Assassin's Creed games BS?

The SR4 Dominatrix thing was messed up but this is clearly a mistake. They are not pulling an Aliens: Colonial Marines thing here or something chillax

27. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Aug 1, 2013, 07:12 Redmask

The game will be beautiful, they had it running on actual hardware at E3 with no tricks. The PS4 and PC versions will look incredible. Have you played an Assassin's Creed game? They built a new engine that is even better than that.  

26. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 17:05 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 12:41:
Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 11:53:
Ubisoft are apparently trying to play it off as someone apparently "checking the wrong boxes"

"Jonathan Morin the Creative Director of Watch Dogs said that it was a botched trailer. He said "Its simply someone who don't know&#65279; the tech who check the wrong stuff... So no versions here.."

Eh it's happened before man, it looks really bad even by last gen standards, obviously something is up with the video settings IMHO

I call BS and think that the majority of us will be underwhelmed....f that "checking the wrong boxes" it is an official item.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 15:21 NKD

Have you people lost your minds? E3 was last month and the actual game was beautiful and running flawlessly on actual hardware. It's not like we're talking about pre-rendered shit and "in engine" bullshots here.

Tons of actual gameplay footage of the game looking amazing, and one joke trailer comes out (which by the way could easily have been bullshotted too if they wanted to) that doesn't look as good and you lose your damn minds.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2013, 15:46.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

24. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 14:53 Fantaz

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 13:45:
It's obviously not a fully-produced promotional piece. More like some random developer put it together in his spare time using a clip of her voice he got off the internet. They thought it was cool/funny enough to just release it (not even sure if they'd necessarily need her permission), but overlooked the fact that gamers are a bunch of knee-jerking toads and would over-analyze the graffix and get their panties in a wad over nothing.

If this was Saints Row 4 nobody would give a shit.

23. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 13:45 jacobvandy

It's obviously not a fully-produced promotional piece. More like some random developer put it together in his spare time using a clip of her voice he got off the internet. They thought it was cool/funny enough to just release it (not even sure if they'd necessarily need her permission), but overlooked the fact that gamers are a bunch of knee-jerking toads and would over-analyze the graffix and get their panties in a wad over nothing.  

22. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 12:41 Verno

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 11:53:
Ubisoft are apparently trying to play it off as someone apparently "checking the wrong boxes"

"Jonathan Morin the Creative Director of Watch Dogs said that it was a botched trailer. He said "Its simply someone who don't know&#65279; the tech who check the wrong stuff... So no versions here.."

Eh it's happened before man, it looks really bad even by last gen standards, obviously something is up with the video settings IMHO

21. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 11:54 SpectralMeat

I am also looking forward to this game but yeah that trailer did not look interesting or high quality at all. Looked like it was done on the 360  

Steam: SpectralMeat

20. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 11:53 Creston

I would take that with a massive boat load of salt.

Creston

19. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 11:49 Quinn

Verno wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 09:47:
Still looking forward to this, haters gonna hate

Too easy. Not a hater at all, just an unbiased observer.

I, too, am still looking forward to this game. However, by now I would not be surprised if the game falls far short of expectations. I'm seeing too obvious mechanics, if that makes sense.

We'll see.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

18. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 09:47 Verno

Still looking forward to this, haters gonna hate  

17. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 09:09 gray

Wow, welcome to 2005...  

16. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 08:34 Quinn

Hah.

I remember all too well warning people of early footage. It always lies. Always. The "end result" (I know.. the game is not yet finished but that does not change my point), somehow, always looks worse (Colonial Marines is a far too easy but ample example, of course). Suddenly everything looks... say, less cinematic in *every* way: animations are less fluid; atmosphere/graphics less vibrant; and in it's entirity it just looks more.. gamey; more generic.

I wish to understand the paradox of this degenerate progress during game development. Truly.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2013, 08:44.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

15. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 08:03 Xero

That was pretty damn terrible looking. Makes it seem like NextGen is ALREADY out dated...  

Currently playing: Skyrim

14. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 07:50 The Half Elf

Watch it in 1080, and 1) it's night, but 2) when he starts following her you can see down the street and the game looks fine. Just looks like the video suffers from a bad choice of time/event.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 07:16 TheWitcher

Those graphics have me feeling slightly queezy...  

12. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 03:06 NKD

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 02:35:
Are you kidding? I'd stuff her like a turkey!

Depends, would she be cracking horrible jokes during?

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

11. Re: Watch Dogs Trailer Jul 31, 2013, 02:45 jacobvandy

Yeah, with at least 3 pairs of earplugs in...  

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo